Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Alakai
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 90
Posted: 6/5/2016 at 8:08 PM Post #1
ok so interesting little contest I'm holding here haha
Please read the warning labels I placed beside the songs as some of them do have pretty graphic lyrics that may be hard to stomach. this is why there are PLENTY of songs to choose from!
RULES
create a sylesti using the generator that you think best represents the song you are entering in for. There will be a tagged pet as a prize for each song, you can enter in as many submissions as you like BUT you can only win one pet!! this way one person cant win them all but the more songs you enter for the more likely you are to win!
Only one entry per song although the male and female versions of each are allowed. please no hatchling or egg pictures.

I will announce the winners Wednesday at 10pm!!

little backstory and song list! (please pay close attention to the song ratings provided as not all are appropriate for all audiences!!)
I love Kikuo's songs because they sound really pretty but when you read the lyrics they're very dark and gruesome just like the issues Kikuo is writing songs about. When you talk about cannibalism and slavery and depression and mental illness it's almost always sugarcoated or joked about/ talked lightly about but when it comes down to what it really is, it's horrifying and that's what's great about these songs and music videos. Some are more gruesome than others but they really open your eyes about how serious these issues can be if not dealt with.

O Light (mild-mental illness like schizophrenia and depression and then an overdose maybe following a loss like a break up or a loved one dying)

Corpse Dance (kind of dark- about romanticizing suicide and depression and hatred and death as well as promoting and encouraging****** culture)

Useless Child (very mild- about when people help others just to feel good about themselves or when parents use the "I pay for all your food and clothe you and give you a roof over your head so I can treat you any way I want!")

I'm sorry I'm sorry (VERY DARK AND DISTURBING LYRICS- about how cannibalism still goes on today in some societies and eye opening to how gruesome and stomach churning it really is and can be.)

A Happy Death (mild, some talk of death/suicide- about romanticizing suicide and death as an escape)

MAWARU (no warning at all, just bizarre lyrics- about drugs and addictions)

Love me, love me, love me (mild warning-about how people look for love to fix and fulfill themselves but are never satisfied for long and continue in the vicious circle until they aren't satisfied with anyone anymore and are left craving something that no longer helps.)

PRIZES
Misfortune Zolnixi(2vis)
Sunday Best Qitari(2vis)
Chocolate Cherry Puffadore(2vis)
Celestial Lights Lighira(2vis)
Lucky Scarab Ryori(2vis)
Spring Rebirth Ryori(2vis)
Autumn Wind Griffi(2vis)
Aurora Borealis Ryori(2vis)
Chilly Paws Puffadore(2vis)
Angelic Nephini(2vis)

Please be sure to name the song each entry is for. Prizes will be chosen at the very end after all the submissions have been posted. There are more prizes than songs so that no one gets stuck with whatever is left and so everyone has a choice! :)
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE INBOX ME AND I CAN UPDATE THIS THREAD C:
Edited By Alakai on 6/18/2016 at 11:58 PM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 6/5/2016 at 8:47 PM Post #2
O Light - Aeridini
While there's imagery of tentacles in the video, I imagine being suspended in a purgatory, trapped between your nightmares and fears and your hope to escape it.

Corpse Dance - Puffadore
Took a more whimsical feel on it. These are definitely the mutations I feel for it, but I wanted a cute, ballroom-y color palette! If I could fix this up, I'd replace the color template and the Bone Collar, because I think I could make the death motif in the color template instead of using a mutation for it.

MAWARU - Puffadore
Listening to this song screamed to me "happy trippy technicolor cyberpunk". :> The colors kinda clash, but I had fun with it aha.

Love Me Love Me Love Me - Nephini
A beautiful creature seeking attention, but lets it take over her.

Useless Child
I can kinda relate to this song personally, but designing a pet from it was tough aha. ;w; I wanted to depict a strive to be pretty, but not pretty enough.

-tbc, I wanna enter for each!-
Edited By Flute on 6/8/2016 at 9:59 PM.
Alakai
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/5/2016 at 9:03 PM Post #3
oooh I love it!!
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 6/6/2016 at 12:43 AM Post #4
ALL the reasonings will be sent in a mail, since it is a bit ledd childfriendly.

O light

Corpse Dance

Useless child

I'm sorry I'm sorry

A happy death

Mavaru

Love me, Love me, Love me
Edited By Jillyana on 6/6/2016 at 6:04 AM.
Maimah
Level 67
Sylestiologist
Threads: 58
Posted: 6/6/2016 at 12:57 AM Post #5
Here you go.. I'm sorry I"m sorry

because it sounded like a depressed demented polka so he's rockin his polka pink with his cranky greys

Cass1230
Level 67
The Carver
Threads: 2
Posted: 6/6/2016 at 10:44 AM Post #6
O Light - the deer from the video encouraged the colors and sylestia used / the beat of the music encouraged the mutations

Corpse Dance - had bright and plentiful colors so that is the color scheme. The sylestia just seemed to fit the flow of the music - wings since they are walking to the other place

Useless Child - skunk pattern~he is unwanted / bell collar~his parents what to know his every move /delicate ruins~ kids are delicate when young / astral wings~ he leaves when he is older / sylestia was picked mostly because he seems to already have a glare at the world

I'm sorry I'm sorry - Well the sylestia looks like a cannibal now

A Happy Death - pink and lace for the love she had / bones to show she is already dead/ flames to show she didn't go to heaven / the sylestia is already a shadow

MAWARU - if someone trips out on drugs I will suspect they see this creature somewhere / it can fly with branches and its flowers probably have more drugs while the light draws them in every time and makes them come back for more / some how it reminded me of an anime but idk why

Love me, love me, love me ` sylestia fits the" lovey dovey" that the girl wants plus the pink and red colors for added effect / demon wings to show what she really is and the sylestia already had horns so perfect ~ a little chibi devil
Edited By Cass1230 on 6/6/2016 at 6:02 PM.
SatsumaSunset
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 45
Posted: 6/6/2016 at 4:42 PM Post #7
O Light
The dark theme and flaming deer shown in the video inspired me to make this.

Corpse Dance

Though it sounded happy, the lyrics were dark, and I felt that this was the best way to show that.

Useless Child
I tried to represent childhood and concealed pain, and the black hearts show that something is hidden.

I'm sorry I'm sorry

This song was CREEPY!!! At first, I wanted to make a normal looking Ny'vene with red and black accents, but full on evil/creepy looked better and and represented the song more.

A Happy Death
This was supposed to look like a wilted/corrupted flower in its death throes, and the only/most creepy thing is corruption.

MAWARU
I kind of just made it look weird and trippy, but added black and red accents. I feel like those represent dark stuff.

Love me, love me, love me
If there was a corruption trait for Kelpari, I would have used it. The colors in the video were kind of the same as what I used here.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 6/6/2016 at 5:45 PM Post #8
O Light

Corpse Dance

Useless Child

I'm Sorry I'm Sorry (This one got my stomach a bit but I wanted to do every song... The yellow comes froma gross experience I had as a kid, have you ever seen the inside of a living frog? Its yellow...)

A Happy Death

Okay I'm sorry but I can't do anymore :( this is getting to my head, I'm afraid.
Alakai
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/6/2016 at 5:50 PM Post #9
not a problem, very beautiful designs, I love the aeri for I'm sorry I'm sorry!
Edmewolf
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 32
Posted: 6/7/2016 at 5:39 AM Post #10
Here Are my Entries i hope you like Them.
BTW I love your Song Choices. So Dark, Evil, and Depressing you cant not Love em.

O Light - Lighira

Corpse Dance - Lupora

Useless Child - Lupora

I'm Sorry Im Sorry - Morkko

A Happy Death - Bulbori

MAWARU - Aeridini

Love me, Love me, Love me - Vulnyx

*Since the Warcraft movie is Coming out Soon i Just Have to say this xD*
FOR THE HORDE!!!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.