Players 2,293 401
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,291,897 2,295
Generated 658,692 268
Captured 1,198,007 506
Bred 6,435,103 1,521
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Fantasy Writing Contest!
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Soltra8
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 20
Posted: 4/10/2016 at 7:59 AM Post #31
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10QqPnGQRzgGnuCq-G3Idy7yOH1jGNdBwnYF0UkT8nME/edit?usp=sharing

I tried XD I don't think I did well though, it was rushed and stuff... but it was a busy week, and I wanted to submit something...
SkyRaven
Level 70
Sylestiologist
Threads: 72
Posted: 4/10/2016 at 11:17 AM Post #32
Sorry I couldn't participate, had a lot of work to do, and in between I had writers block :/ perhaps next time ^^
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 73
Posted: 4/15/2016 at 2:37 PM Post #33
Maddie, I don't have permission to access your story. :P You'll have to give me a different link so I can read it.
Maddiebird
Level 58
Threads: 11
Posted: 4/15/2016 at 2:41 PM Post #34
Edited By Maddiebird on 4/15/2016 at 2:42 PM.
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 4/15/2016 at 3:54 PM Post #35
Nope. : /

Are you pushing the little blue share button in the top right corner, then the "shareable link" button in the top right of the popup?
Maddiebird
Level 58
Threads: 11
Posted: 4/15/2016 at 5:22 PM Post #36
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 11:05 PM Post #37
Thank you so much for your patience, my lovely people! I have finally read your stories and reviewed. <3

The Reviews:

Hundenelsker: Wow. Justwow. <3 I dont even know what to say to that! It feels like a completed story, the only real question I have is, what did Bertram manage to do that the vampire council leaders couldnt? Gorgeous, well thought-out story! Good job!

Soltra8: Oh, my. You werent kidding when you said you went dark! I loved the reverse power dynamics in your story. Normally its always reversed, the vampire playing with the human. Im curious about who the pests are that caught your vampire, as well as how your human found him. Great job!

Lostcry: There are a few inconsistencies I found in your story. Shes buried alive, for instance, and yet her hair manages to move. Isnt she surrounded by dirt? Also, you mention that a guard fell into the pit with her, but then it sounds like the guard is actually her lover? Other than that, I love your story! Her father is a jinn? Also, would he come looking for her, or was the birth of your main character her mothers wish that her demonic father granted? Great start to a story!

Maddiebird: The most notable thing that pulled me out of the story was the speaking. When you switch voices/characters, that bit of dialogue should be a new paragraph. A few spelling errors as well. You captured general idea of the Greek gods very well, however. xD Smarmy buttheads, the lot of them. I have a hard time believing that your main male character just walked into the cave, when Lithos decided to put herself to sleep for 23 years rather than even try to look around? Still, an interesting story.

Maimah: Awww, your poor lady! Is there anything worse than an itch you cant scratch? I wonder, did the caves really accidentally collapse on her, or did someone find out what she was and collapse them on top of her on purpose? I hope the kid was found! Unfortunately, your story wasnt long enough to qualify, but it definitely made me giggle!

Happiness: Your sentences are pretty short and choppy, which was distracting. Ive found that reading my writing out loud helps me find sentences that are too long (or too short!) and allows me to fix them. It appears that you have the great beginning to a world building story, though! Im curious why Zola is immortal, when other dragons arent. Is her sister as well? Unfortunately, your story wasnt long enough to qualify.

The Top Three

First Place: Hund! Your story absolutely blew me away and while I would love to hear more of Bertram, I am completely satisfied with his story as it is.

Second Place: Soltra! It's like you were writing from my heart. :D Twisted power dynamics, a little bit of pain and suffering, and two lovely men. You're my kind of writer. <3

Third Place: Lostcry! I like that you went off the beaten path and used demons rather than vampires (even with vampires being as magnificent as they are!). Despite a few details lacking consistency, I would love to know if your lady ever got out of the dirt, and more about her father.

Go ahead and pick your prizes, winners! Soltra, Lostcry, I'd do 2 choices since you'll have to wait on Hund/Sol's choices before you receive your own.

Maddiebird, Maimah, Happiness, please send me a mushroom with a CoD of 10K for your participation prize. ^.^
Waycrazy
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 11:12 PM Post #38
A new prompt is up on the first page! You have until midnight on April 24th! Write away, my darlings~
Hundenelsker
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 23
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 11:17 PM Post #39
I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. It was my favorite short story that I've ever written by far ^_^

I would love a Hades ny'vene baby, please ^_^
LostCry
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 47
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 12:41 AM Post #40
The guard was her lover and she is immortal because her father was a demon, not because of a wish *goes to look to see if I accidentally put wish in there somewhere* I was playing around with the wish idea, so I could have accidentally left improper wording in there. I didn't think through the hair part though. thanks for the review! :)
Edited By LostCry on 4/17/2016 at 12:51 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.