Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Sylestia Wiki: a comprehensive, collabor...
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 25, 26, 27 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
JustTopaz
Level 60
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 128
Posted: 4/23/2016 at 12:55 AM Post #31
Name & ID: JustTopaz 21018
Have you worked on the Sylestia wiki before?:No
If yes, what have you added? If no, do you have other wiki experience?: no, but I do frequent many wikis.
Are you interested in working on a specific aspect of the wiki?: not really, maybe pets or just neatening everything up.

And or triying to get some of the important FAQs onto the wiki in their own pages. (Might need to call on a noobie for help in that front.)
Edited By JustTopaz on 4/23/2016 at 12:56 AM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 4/23/2016 at 10:50 PM Post #32
I'm not a good authority on what color to use, but I do think it's a good idea to keep it uniform across all recolorables?

Maybe have the base blue (hex color around 3a8fd5) in Color 1 and white in Color 2?
More tasteful colors can be selected aha.

I think that, for the sake of being creative but being uniform, these can be the basic requirements for uploading recolorable outfits/accessories:

-Color 1 and Color 2 must be different
-If it's an outfit, all of Color 1's slots must be the same; same for Color 2
(so Color 1's top, bottom, arm, and shoe slots are all one color, and Color 2's top, bottom, arm, and shoe slots are all another color)
-none of the colors in the recoloring should be black (so the coloring of the outfit doesn't blend with the lineart, giving a fair representation of the outfit when recolored)
-make sure to label what part colors what in the outfit's page
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Threads: 219
Posted: 5/9/2016 at 11:32 PM Post #33
no way am i giveing out that steff it ant safe i know you maen no harm but still i ant doing it
no have not warkd on sylestie wiki ever nor any ather wiki
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 5/10/2016 at 7:37 AM Post #34
@Jade07: I think my wording may have been unclear. I should make it more explicit on the first page. I mean your sylestia name and user ID #, not your real information! You're right about not wanting to give that info out! :)

@Everyone else: Please forgive me for my unexpected disappearance of sorts!! My health went downhill for a while and it took a bit of time for me to get back on my feet. But now that I'm back I'll get the first page of this thread spoofed up asap.
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Threads: 219
Posted: 5/10/2016 at 8:19 AM Post #35
ok i will then
Username: Jade07
User ID: 54515 ok
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 5/10/2016 at 6:38 PM Post #36
@Rixva

No worries! Real life concerns are always more important. I've had a bunch of stuff come up, too, so I haven't had anything done recently.
GalaXys
Level 58
Threads: 36
Posted: 5/11/2016 at 3:14 AM Post #37
Name & ID: GalaXys 42084
Have you worked on the Sylestia wiki before?: No (There's not that many sylestia wikis...)
If yes, what have you added? If no, do you have other wiki experience?: Yes, I was one of the main contributors for this and this wiki.
Are you interested in working on a specific aspect of the wiki?: (events, avatar items, etc.) I could update the pets area and maybe the traits?
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 5/28/2016 at 2:04 PM Post #38
Pinging everyone who seemed to be interested on this thread to help. ^^
Lemme just fill out the form...

Name & ID: Flute, 1127 (my wikia name is Songspeak tho)
Have you worked on the Sylestia wiki before?: nah
If yes, what have you added? If no, do you have other wiki experience?: nah
Are you interested in working on a specific aspect of the wiki?: I'll jump here and there, but I wanna work on structuring the pages

I pinged you guys because I kinda wanna go and touch up on the Wiki. I feel like now is a good time to get the ball rolling for some reason. Or I'm just antsy and I wanna work on it for however long my attention span keeps me here orz.

((By the way, I know the festival's going on, so this is definitely a side project's worth of priority. No rush on this!))

There's a lot of ground to cover, and I think the first place to start is with structuring the outline of each page.
If we figure out how to structure a festival page, an avatar item page, a pet page, so on and so forth, I figure it'll be like filling in the pieces afterwards.

The first step of structuring I'd approach is figuring out the categories, subcategories, and what goes in the subcategories. If we do that, we essentially have our indexes and our navigation paths (which the wiki lacks, and makes it hard to navigate).
At the same time, or afterwards, I'm interested in the structure, or template, of the individual pages. I briefly worked on one page to figure out how wikias work for myself, and I want more experience on doing so.

If you guys don't mind, I'll just post ideas of what I come up with for the wiki here on this thread. I don't want to distract anyone from the festival with the wiki, but I'll just be experimenting on the wiki in the meantime. ^^
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 5/28/2016 at 2:16 PM Post #39
I don't know what's possible with the design of the wiki, but the black background on the avatar item information box is not working. If it's not possible to change it then... well I guess there's nothing to do about it. I suggest using like a 20-30% grey (HEX CCCCCC) instead. Large black areas on stark white is harsh and distracting. White text on black backgrounds is generally harder to read than black on white.

*cough* Sorry, the graphic designer in me needed to speak.

I'm glad someone is getting the ball rolling with the Wiki! I'm job hunting right now so I'm home most of the time and I can totally help out, even during the festival. :) Just ping/PM me if you need someone!

EDIT: I'll add some ideas for categories and structure in a bit. :o
Edited By FForFox on 5/28/2016 at 2:16 PM.
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 5/28/2016 at 2:24 PM Post #40
Thanks Flute! I haven't done very much of anything so far ... I underestimated the commitments I had at work OTL.
I also had some health issues but we're all good now :)

I completely agree with you - our first order of business should be to get categories set and a template for the pages in each category. Once we set those things in stone I can update the first page with the info people will need to start working on content!

Here's what I'm thinking category-wise, with main categories bolded and sub-categories italicized, also keeping in mind that pages can belong to multiple categories!
Pets
-----Fabled Pets
-----Themed Pets
----------Zone Themed Pets
----------Exclusive Pets

-----Held Items
-----Outfit Items
-----Head Items
-----Wing Items
-----Back Items
-----Diamond Shop Items ?
-----Festival Items ?
----------there could even be a sub-sub category for the different festivals if we could get that sorted.

Philters
-----Stat Philters
-----Misc. Philters (or a better name for this?)

Miscellaneous Items
-----Festival Materials (like Fertilizer bags, baking ingredients, fest currency, rescued reindeer? could be broken down.)
-----whatever else doesn't have a place elsewhere

Obviously this is a rough list, lol. Please feel free to add to it or suggest different categories/etc!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 25, 26, 27
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.