Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Arena Discussion > Arena Talk
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Darlingng01
Level 60
Threads: 10
Posted: 5/14/2013 at 5:56 AM Post #1
Haven't been able to find one so here we are.

If you have anything to say about the Arena please feel free to say it here, any questions feel free to pose them.

Here's my question: What teams have people used to beat Fire eyes?
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 5/15/2013 at 9:28 AM Post #2
Well, since no one else has posted here yet, I will. ^^ I am still fairly new to the site, so it took me a bit longer to prep to try out the arena than it seemed to take most people. Finally got around to it today and managed to beat Fire Eyes on the third try. Second try sucked.. he was at 1% health when I was defeated. Doh!

My Team:

Polar Winds, Originally Earth (Tank). Now Water: http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=96881
Ivy Rose, Shadow: http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=80890
Victorian Visions, Originally Light. Now Wind: http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=74080

First try: I failed poorly, due to not making sufficient use of swapping the party slots around. It took me a while to remember I could, actually. I also wasted a lot of DPS time by having the off-slots block Heat of the Moment. After a while I noticed it seems to focus on the main damage slot, so I went ahead and kept the off-slots attacking after that.

Changed between first and second try: I reconfigured Victorian and Ivy Rose's points. Placed all points into Int as the battle isn't super long so I figured Steady Damage > Crit Chance. Left everyone's Proficiency points in health. At this point Polar was 50/50 Str and Health.

Second try: It was going really well until I took too long to swap Polar out of the main damage slot. He was unable to swap while uncontious, which made the next Heat of the Moment unpredictable. Loss of DPS was the difference between that 1% of health Fire Eyes beat me with.

Changed between second and third try: I reconfigured Polar to be entirely specced in health. His purpose is to damage soak, not so much to damage. I reluctantly yoinked my only Mythical item off of another pet, and gave Bracelet of Force [From Nightfall Bandit Dungeon] to Polar. This bumped up his health, STR and AGI [Both granting Physical Mitigation].

I also swapped out Ivy Rose's Esior Rep Bracelets for Legendary ones, which increased her damage potential and health pool. I plan to do the same with Victorian eventually when I get some appropriate Legendary bracelets for her.

Third try: Polar went down from bleed damage while in a secondary slot while Fire Eyes was at about 9% health. The DPS tanked the rest of it, and defeated Fire Eyes successfully.

I still lost a pet, so I am sure my method is not the greatest, but it worked out okay I think.

Edit: Since my first successful kill of Fire Eyes, I have swapped my tank to Water as I realized the taunt isn't really needed from Earth. I have also swapped my Light pet to Wind for Bleeds. This setup seems to be doing just fine for the first two challenges, though I have yet to defeat the third.

Edited By 3878 on 6/2/2013 at 5:48 PM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 5/16/2013 at 9:48 PM Post #3
I think I've probably beaten Fire Eyes with a few different builds at this point. I find him actually a bit tougher than the second boss now that I understand fighting them both. I just beat Fire Eyes with a water tank, a fire, and a wind. The fire one is usually light with him I think but I felt too lazy to change the stats back at the moment. I think I've beaten him before with my tank specced shadow and maybe earth.

In another thread Krin recommend the below information.

"If you have a scanner, scan Fire Eyes. You'll see that he has a lot of Strength. This means you want a pet with high Physical Mitigation leading your Party.

Also, since your issue is too much incoming damage, stack HP into your tank. Fire Eyes is a pretty short fight, so lots of HP on your tank will also make the most of its Mend.

Stacking Agility is really only useful if you have someone to heal that pet. Since this is the Level 25 bracket, that isn't really the case.

So basically, keep doing what you're doing, but make like an Earth or Water pet full HP and stick them leading your Party."

Currently, I'm stuck on Malgron the Destroyer. It doesn't seem like that bad of a fight until the very end. The end is really painful. I've heard a way to beat him that's supposed to work but I think my issue now is lack of gear. All those lvl 25 mythic gear pieces I've sold now over time are coming back to haunt me.

Also, I can't beat Oogbar again. I want to see if I can beat the vulnyx team again as well. I hadn't really messed with them again since they were scary.
Kosa
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 16
Posted: 5/17/2013 at 5:38 AM Post #4
@Savynn,

I can sell you some gear and also I need guidenss with Fire eyes too so if you could explain how to alocate points I would be glad.
Edited By 1637 on 5/17/2013 at 6:03 AM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 5/17/2013 at 6:06 PM Post #5
@Kosa,

I'm interested in the gear but first I need to figure out if I really want to try this out with the shadow tank method or the frost tank method.

For Fire Eyes, I most often use a water tank. (Remember it's best to usually have the tank in the center but not always.) For my other two I use a light magic user (I've made him fire before and it still works) and a wind physical fighter. I put all proficiency points for all of them into health. For stat points I put all health for the tank, all intellect for the light, and all strength for the wind.

Something I haven't seen people talk much about is looking for pets with naturally high stats. I don't know how much of a difference it makes but I figure as close as some of these battles are that any little extra bit counts. Try to find pets with lots of health and lots of stats in at least one strength, intellect, or agility (depending on what you're looking for.) I actually got a decent understanding on how stats compare for lvl 0 and lvl 1 so I tend to look at those and then level raise them to where I need them to be. I'm wanting to get a better idea of average stats for other levels so I don't miss out on a great pet.

My best find is Friedrich.

lvl 1
health 323
strength 32
intelligence 31
dexterity 31
agility 31
physical damage 16
magical damage 16
physical mitigation 15.43
magical mitigation 15.31
critical hit 11.48
accuracy 10.69
avoidance 10.69
quickness 6.2

Blue
Level 60
Threads: 42
Posted: 5/18/2013 at 10:26 AM Post #6
As a note to those who may want to attempt it, the Arena Opponents do not change level based on the level of your pets. They will be the highest level listed on the level bracket, whether you go at them with a team of 5's or 25's.

Which kinda sucks since I just spent 63k equipping a level 5 team with Esior's Haven Guard Gear, just to get utterly slaughtered. >_> Also block isn't available yet at level 5 which I totally forgot until now. |D
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 5/18/2013 at 1:55 PM Post #7
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 3/29/2024 at 9:06:22am

As a note to those who may want to attempt it, the Arena Opponents do not change level based on the level of your pets. They will be the highest level listed on the level bracket, whether you go at them with a team of 5's or 25's.

Which kinda sucks since I just spent 63k equipping a level 5 team with Esior's Haven Guard Gear, just to get utterly slaughtered. >_> Also block isn't available yet at level 5 which I totally forgot until now. |D

@Blue,

If it makes you feel any better though the blue rare quality Esior's Haven Guard Gear compares to being slightly better than lvl 25 epics. So you could still use the same gear as the only thing better would be legendary or mythic gear from the dungeon. The epic quality relics from Esior's Haven is also slightly better than other lvl 25 epic relics.
Bella1988
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 78
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 6:23 PM Post #8
I still cannot beat Fire Eyes!
I block for the two turns that he gets the Fire thing and I still only bring him down to half health! I also switch my pets around whenever the tank gets low.

This is my team
Valeria has all her level ups in health and all her proficiency points in strength as a wind
http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=72897
Herodotus is my tank. He has all his level ups in health and all his proficiency points in health as wind
http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=101162
Talmaran has all her level ups in health and all her proficiency points in intelligence in dark
http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=82782

What the heck am I doing wrong?
Ruinia
Level 60
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 6:58 PM Post #9
@Bella1988,
I think you need at least 3 pieces of mythical equipment on each of your pets. The last time I can't defeat him, is because my equipment were terrible, once I got the appropriate mythical equipment for my pets, I was able to beat him with one pet left standing. XD

Also for a reminder to anyone who might read this and probably didn't know yet, 10 mana is required for your pets to do a proper block. Using the block skill without mana is equivalent to standing still or doing nothing. OuO
Bella1988
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 78
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 7:07 PM Post #10
@Ruinia,
Well that sucks... Though I did make sure to have some mana in order to use block properly. Still hit me critically every time and dropped about 30% of my health with each hit
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.