Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Gingerpaw
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 48
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 6:33 PM Post #1
This contest is done

I have a couple pets to name, and I need ideas.

These 2 handsome fellas are max-stats, and I want really well-thought names for them.

R u l e s

Ping me!

You can do any kind of names, 1 word, more than 1 word, you pick. You can suggest any number of names.

I have the right to not pick any names at all if I don't like them.

I have the right to tweak a name, but if I tweak off of yours, you still get the prize.

Be nice, no fighting, happy naming!

Prize: To the people who's names I choose, they will each win 40k gold.
Edited By Gingerpaw on 2/5/2016 at 9:10 PM.
Stellarena
Level 67
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 11
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 6:40 PM Post #2
Grifi:Midnight Lighting, Night Light, Lighting

Ny'Vene: Black flame, Helios
Edited By Sapphire453 on 1/24/2016 at 7:12 PM.
Monto
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 12
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 7:11 PM Post #3
Griffi, Golden Waves, Golden Ripple, Ripple Bolt

Ny'Vene, Erupt, Sparken, Bolt
Trixxy
Level 35
The Majestic
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 7:33 PM Post #4
For the Griffon lightning springs to mind, so Thunder, ThunderBolt, Thunder Bolt, Bolt, Storm, Stormy, Stormy Day, Cloud, etc. For something less obvious, try Stripe, KaBoom, or even Flash.

The Dragon reminds me of a volcano, so Blaze, Eruption, Lava, LavaBurst, Lava Burst, FireBall, Fireball, Fire Ball, etc. For something less obvious, try Aranjado, Cinders, or Wrath.

Just some stuff for you to work with.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 8:54 PM Post #5
Durin's Bane

that is the name of the Demon on Lord of the Rings... he is known for the great You Shall Not Pass!

Merlin The Great
Zarawhite
Level 35
Posted: 1/24/2016 at 10:35 PM Post #6
I'd name the first one ripple or nuclear reaction and the second one Fireheart, Firespark, Firevein, Cinderstorm, Lavarock, Lavavein, or flametongue.
Edited By Zarawhite on 1/24/2016 at 10:38 PM.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 2:25 AM Post #7
The Griffi--

"Xbalanque" (pronounced chba-LANG-ke) was a Mayan hero. The meaning of his name is not entirely clear; it may have meant "Jaguar Deer," which works for your pet, since Griffi are very catlike but have hooves on their hind feet. The name may also have meant "Hidden Sun," and the bars of yellow on the Griffi kind of look like bits of bright sunlight breaking through a mass of thunderclouds.

"Opinicus" This is the name of the actual heraldic creature that most resembles Sylestia's Griffies--not the griffin. What's the difference? Well, griffins and opinicuses are quite similar, but a griffin has front legs like the legs of a bird of prey, such as an eagle, with feathers and talons. An opinicus has the front legs of a lion. Our Griffies plainly have front legs and paws like a big cat, making them closer to the opinicus than to the griffin. Plus, the word "opinicus" is just fun to say! A pet with this name would probably have strong opinions. Look at your Griffi's face. Is that an opinionated Griffi or what?

"Anzu" This is the name of an ancient Sumerian mythical creature, the divine bird of storms and the personification of thunderclouds. The reason this name suits your Griffi should be obvious.

The Ny'vene--

"Flouting the Peridexion" This name needs some explaining. Everyone knows there are mythical/legendary animals (dragons, unicorns, etc.), but not everyone knows there are mythical/legendary plants. The peridexion is a mythical tree. According to the myth, dragons are terrified of the possibility that the peridexion's shadow might possibly fall upon them, and of course one can never be 100% sure of the direction the light will come from. What if someone comes by with a lantern or lights a bonfire? Therefore, dragons simply stay away from the peridexion at all costs.
But not this Ny'vene! When he strides toward the peridexion, his brilliant Essence of Storms throws the tree's shadow away from the him. That peridexion is toast.

A simpler name is "Sun King" It suits his color.

I also just thought this sounded cool: "Steals Thunder"

"Thrave" rhymes with brave, and is an old, old word for twelve. This suits your Ny'vene, who has twelve trait points.

Finally, how about "Champleve"? This is a decorative art technique that is similar to cloisonn. His colors and patterns make me think of an ancient copper champleve sculpture with gold, black, and yellow inlay. Here is a video that shows how champleve is done.
Sakqia
Level 56
Threads: 45
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 6:14 AM Post #8
I don't do very well with names, so I cheat by just using a other languages. My favorite right now is french. It works well to get a nice looking name without a lot work.

Griffi: clairage, Zues, Puren, Thor

Ny'vene: Chaleur,
Hephaestus (Roman name: Vulcan) Hephaestus was the god of fire and the forge (a furnace in which metal is heated). Although he made armor and weapons for the gods, he loved peace. He was the son of Zeus and Hera and married Aphrodite.
GhostlyFours
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 61
Posted: 1/25/2016 at 8:17 AM Post #9
Griffi:
It looks like an Arctic Storm Griffi, but with lightning in it, so for names I would say: Lightning Storm

Ny'Vene:
It looks like a Solar Eclipse Ny'Vene, so for names I would say: Dark Moon

Will add more when I think of more
Creepyfish
Level 35
Posted: 1/26/2016 at 11:06 AM Post #10
1st one:
Dreak
Focus
Dreary
Once Upon a Midnight Dreary
Midnight Dreary
Fall
Strike

2nd one:
Furnace
Pumice
Roast
Orcet
Faucet
Crackle
Drieve
Juggernaut

Some are made-up others are just words :D
Edited By Creepyfish on 1/26/2016 at 11:07 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.