Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/18/2016 at 3:13 PM Post #21
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=32671&page=2#13
Author: TurquoiseGiraffe
Time Posted: 1/18/2016 at 2:02 PM
Yay! One of the things I like best about this site is the excellent communication from the admin. :)

One question: When you talk about completely revamping the entire site, does that mean the rest of the site will be inaccessible for some time after the MegaZone's release?

As Everlost said, we will rebuild the site on a 2nd location. So Sylestia will continue uninterrupted.

However, when the time comes to launch it, Sylestia will be unavailable for a week or two as I move and convert the Site's data to the new Site and get everything set up and tested.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 1/18/2016 at 3:33 PM Post #22
Glad to see an update regarding this; was starting to wonder if progress on this stagnated due to the lack of updates on it. Keep up the good work. Wishing you success. ^^

Though a bit of a sidetrack. Due to all the resources going into the Megazone, will the monthly avatar item releases, and number of forum games for festivals pick back up again after it is completed? Or are things heading in a whole new direction? Monthly avatar items aside, one of my favorite aspects of sylestia festivals are the forum games: art (freedraw, color-in, etc.), puzzle (wordsearch, crossword, etc.), interactive games (trivia, snow-wars etc.), in real games (scavenger hunt, etc, gingerbread house creation, etc.). Are these going to pick back up again? It felt like they disappeared a bit these past two festivals. (Though I do admit, I was okay without the time-consuming sudoku ahah)
Edited By Taptothebeat on 1/18/2016 at 3:33 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/18/2016 at 3:49 PM Post #23
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=32671&page=3#22
Author: Taptothebeat
Time Posted: 1/18/2016 at 3:33 PM
Glad to see an update regarding this; was starting to wonder if progress on this stagnated due to the lack of updates on it. Keep up the good work. Wishing you success. ^^

Though a bit of a sidetrack. Due to all the resources going into the Megazone, will the monthly avatar item releases, and number of forum games for festivals pick back up again after it is completed? Or are things heading in a whole new direction? Monthly avatar items aside, one of my favorite aspects of sylestia festivals are the forum games: art (freedraw, color-in, etc.), puzzle (wordsearch, crossword, etc.), interactive games (trivia, snow-wars etc.), in real games (scavenger hunt, etc, gingerbread house creation, etc.). Are these going to pick back up again? It felt like they disappeared a bit these past two festivals. (Though I do admit, I was okay without the time-consuming sudoku ahah)

Simply, yes. A lot of resources are going into the MegaZone that will be able to go elsewhere once it's released.

In regards to Monthly Avatar Items though, we've actually sidelined them for the indefinite future. They were reaching an all time low in interest while taking an all time high in the required amount of hours to get them completed (due to the increased quality we put into them). As such, it was just becoming more of a distraction for us and the artists each month. Additionally, we feel that we are over saturating avatar items a bit and we would rather have a small amount of high quality items available than a high amount of average quality items available. For Avatar Items, it's pretty much literally (Amount of Time / Amount of Items = Quality and Detail). We are experimenting replacing the Monthly Avatar Items with the Pet Costumes and will be expanding that throughout the year and see how it goes. Our thinking is that players can only wear one outfit at a time really and that probably makes repeated Monthly Avatar Items unappealing, whereas everyone has a lot of pets and could always be excited with more costumes to dress them up in.

We will still be releasing new Avatar Items as regular and the MegaZone will be offering a lot of new items itself as well.

In terms of Forum Games, we will try to release more going forward. Things just got a bit hectic these past few months.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 1/18/2016 at 5:04 PM Post #24
Just a thought/suggestion/question, any chance for the custom recolor opportunities for the past monthly avatar items to come back?

It still uses the old art but gives the new current generation on Sylestia a chance to make customs if they weren't there when they were first released, and could be a good time passer while the MegaZone and new content is being made. o:
Banzai
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 32
Posted: 1/18/2016 at 5:33 PM Post #25
I'm glad to hear the news! I can't wait for this new zone and the new species! They are so cute! X3

I just have to make a pokemon out of them in my legend project stable tab! :D
Coda
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 133
Posted: 1/18/2016 at 5:59 PM Post #26
Sounds like hard work!! Here, have some digital cookies!!
Songbreeze
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 4
Posted: 1/18/2016 at 6:04 PM Post #27
You guys are amazing!! Thank you so much for all your hard work!
MourningLily
Level 65
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 59
Posted: 1/18/2016 at 6:23 PM Post #28
Woo hoo! Mega zone will (hopefully) be done right about the time our house will (hopefully) be done. Sounds like lots of exciting things coming up march! Thanks for the update, Krin and Fai. Can't wait to see the new morks <3
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 1/18/2016 at 7:36 PM Post #29
I look forward to seeing and playing the new content Krinadon. Thank you to both you and Faiona (and all of the artists and others involved) for this huge piece!

I am excited beyond words for the site revamp as well, but that won't be for awhile. ;P
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/18/2016 at 7:58 PM Post #30
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=32671&page=3#24
Author: Flute
Time Posted: 1/18/2016 at 5:04 PM
Just a thought/suggestion/question, any chance for the custom recolor opportunities for the past monthly avatar items to come back?

It still uses the old art but gives the new current generation on Sylestia a chance to make customs if they weren't there when they were first released, and could be a good time passer while the MegaZone and new content is being made. o:

Customs actually are kind of a lot of work for me so this would probably only be a thing if I actually make it a feature.

Meaning... something that's entirely automatic and self-serving. But we aren't really able to do that atm (at least in a timely manner), so unfortunately, probably not.

Once we figure out the avatar stuff for relaunch and going forward from there, we may add a feature like this... where players can pay to customize an item and then also have an option to add it to a shop where others can just purchase it for the set amount.
Edited By Krinadon on 1/18/2016 at 7:59 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.