Players 2,378 347
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,249,188 796
Generated 656,304 9
Captured 1,190,741 49
Bred 6,402,048 738
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Thinking of Leaving(Tempararily)
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
AaronAmpora
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 148
Posted: 1/2/2016 at 12:00 AM Post #11
I'm really sad to hear you might be leaving, I always love seeing you around the forums and chats, but sometimes leaving for a while is what it takes to get back into it. I know I had to do that with my roleplaying blogs on tumblr, I just had way too many and it was taking over and making me feel overwhelmed, so I left for a while and now I'm working on getting back into it, since my creative juices are flowing again.
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Threads: 283
Posted: 1/2/2016 at 12:24 PM Post #12
While I'll totally agree that at least in part what happened to my STEP dad(this man was NOT my dad, and he DID end up being an abusive jurk, he was my mom's husband nothing more), was in fact sucky as soon as he turned it a round to try and chase me away from a dream of mine I lost alot of respect for him and sympathy.

I've always liked books with interconnected settings, characters, and the like cause it allows for some very good depth to everything.

I use to write about animals, and I'll do so again someday when I take up working on a series of children's books.

Sounds awesome!
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Posted: 1/2/2016 at 12:31 PM Post #13
I'm pretty sure I'll be back, I just think I really need the time away.
I've also got to step back and figure out exactly how much time I can spend here max in a day. I've got a history of getting obsessed/addicted to games I really love so this step back should help make sure that I don't go overboard. Once I figure out what days/times are best for me to be here I'll place my schedule in my profile.

Granted it's largely a Writer's Retreat idea, because I HAVE to finish enough of my novel to submit the publisher by the end of the year. I'm hoping to finish the book as a whole, but I'm not very sure that it will happen.

If you'd like I can give you a couple of alternative ways to reach me.
AaronAmpora
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 148
Posted: 1/3/2016 at 1:25 AM Post #14
I definitely get what you're talking about.

Sure, do you have Skype?
Arkhantha
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 36
Posted: 1/3/2016 at 11:05 AM Post #15
Nooooooooo
I find this sad to read LDD, but I can also understand why.

I hope you won't leave entirely, and you can check in every once in a while.
But with possible college courses and a family I guess that may be difficult...

I'd be sad to see you go alltogether :(
However I really hope you can follow the courses, and improve on your situation etc.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 1/3/2016 at 11:05 AM Post #16
As someone who has seen people come and go, and also has taken a hiatus herself quite a few times, I think that a temporary leave might help you greatly! Your real life goals and priorities have their place, and putting yourself in a position to make sure they're taken care of is the responsible thing to do.

I've found that no matter who leaves, when they come back, the community would accept them as if they never left. I've silently left and have hardly spoken to others due to real life commitments, and I let myself go back to my online self at my own pace.
Speaking of Writer's Retreat, I kinda attempted to do NaNoWriMo, but because of university and life, I ended up finishing only 25k/50k words...in the middle of December. x:

I do wish you luck in everything you do. :) And of course to enjoy what you do! I hope you come back with good spirits, when you're ready, of course.
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Posted: 1/3/2016 at 12:08 PM Post #17
Yes I do have Skype, I also have a free text number on my tablet too. :)

I'll PM you later on with those ok.
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Posted: 1/3/2016 at 12:15 PM Post #18
I'll be back Ark, I just really need a brake.

I'm not starting classes till either Fall Semester(2016), or possibly Spring Semester(2017). I've got a loat of prep stuff do before I can go back to college even with it being online.

During my brake I'll be checking in on my birthday Feb. 3rd, so you'll be able to catch me then. I'll officially return from my break on February 11th most likely in the early morning.

After I've started my courses, I'll still be here just less often. I will be making a schedule and have it posted on my profile so that you can find out what days/times I'll be here.

If you would like I could give you another way to contact me.
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Posted: 1/3/2016 at 12:23 PM Post #19
Thanks for the understanding and support.

I know I'll be back and a month break from being online alot of the time would be good for a while. I know it's only for a month, but it will still help out alot I think.

I've never tried NaNoWriMo, largely because I couldn't do it the limitations they place didn't sit well with me, and how I write. Only being allowed 50k words is too many for a short story, but not quite a novella. So I never really tried. Additionally writers block happens to me kinda easily, either that or I end up needing the day to run errands so it just wouldn't have gone well if I had tried.

But over the month that I'm away I'll be working on my novel, and I can't wait.
Arkhantha
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 36
Posted: 1/3/2016 at 1:25 PM Post #20
You can always shoot me a message with other ways to reach you.
But I'm very forgetful lately, so please don't hold it against me if I don't contact you. Real life can be stressfull, but I don't have to tell you that xD

I completely understand the need for a break. Take things slow, take good care of yourself (and your family of course). And hopefully you'll be able to start the classes in Fall Semester (if that works out for you yourself obviously)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.