Forum Index > General Discussion > Questions about themed and fabled pets
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Chrispina
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 7
Posted: 11/29/2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1
Okay, I am just beginning to get the hang of this game...maybe. The themed pets are confusing me just a bit though. I have some questions...

I've noticed that themed pets have one or two traits or mutations and sometimes none. The traits also seem kinda random to me. The only thing consistent is the colors. Why? I know you want to try and breed a 6 vis but if the traits are all different then the 6 vis will be different as well.

I would like to know what the general criteria for designing a themed pet is for users. Is it a 6 vis design? A 3 vis? Or can it be anything that you like as long as it matches the requested theme?

Fabled pets confuse me. Looking through the creature search I've found themed and unthemed pets considered fabled. How can you tell if it's a fabled pet? There is no indication on the pet profile page. I've heard that the eggs are different. How so? And some of the fabled I've seen have been tamed, how do you tell then?

I'm sorry it's a little wordy but I wanted to get my reasons for the questions across. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 11/29/2015 at 10:47 PM Post #2
Hey there Chrispina ^.^ Welcome to Sylestia! Glad you're getting into it!

To answer your first question: a themed pet is defined by them sharing the same colours. Themed pets are obtained during festivals and are caught in the festival zone (the fall festival just ended, and the winter festival is coming up next month). Each theme is named, and ones that were caught are identified by the purple writing on their profiles. The traits seem random because they are. Just like regular wild pets, the traits are randomly generated. Some of the challenge of breeding a 6 visible themed project is breeding around all the randomness to get the result that you want.

Themed example:

If you click on her picture, you'll see that she has her theme name "Delphinium Bouquet Zolnixi" in purple on her profile.

Fabled pets are a different thing. These pets are not found in the wild, typically, and have longer breeding cooldowns than non-fabled pets. The fabled pets, so far, are: Aeridini, Griffi, Lighira, Ryori, Ny'vene, and Nephini. Puffadores are sometimes lumped into the fabled pile because they are never found in the wild, however they have no special eggs and they have a 3 day cooldown like normal pets. Fabled pets can be themed or not themed, just like regular pets, but are often obtained in special ways.

Example of special eggs:

Aeridini

Griffi

Lighira

Nephini

Ny'vene

Ryori

Edited By Mikazukichan on 11/29/2015 at 10:56 PM.
Chrispina
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 11/29/2015 at 10:53 PM Post #3
Thank you for the information.

So when users are asked to design a themed pet for a festival they are designing the colors and not the markings?

And fabled pets are breeds not actual pets. Is that correct? It would be nice to see if it's fabled on the pets profile or are all the pets of those breeds considered fabled?
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 11/29/2015 at 10:59 PM Post #4
Yup! When we have a contest to design themes we're designing colour palettes. The idea is to show many different traits in those colours to make sure that they all work (as, if they're picked, any trait could end up on them).

And yes, it's the breeds themselves that are fabled. All Aeridinis, Griffis, Lighiras, Nephinis, Ny'venes, and Ryoris are fabled ^.^ I added some pictures to my first post to show the differences ^.^
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 11/29/2015 at 11:01 PM Post #5
The traits when a themed pet is generated will always be random. The colors are the only thing that remains the same (along with maybe some natural color swing). Being able to breed a 6vis of the theme you want with the traits you want is a challenge. There's ways to help though such as paying attention to a trait's dominance or using genetic mutators. (However mutators will not work on exclusive pets.)

Before festivals, there's often a thread for people to enter design submissions. They can sometimes be more general to the season like this last fall festival where it was just include theme designs that have something to do with fall. Sometimes they're more specific like last summer fest where each species had to be based on different types of aquatic species. The number of traits you show is up to you. I personally like to show multiple traits to show how well they work together. The thing to remember is that since traits are random that each color slot should be considered when making a theme.

It's specific species that are fabled - nephini, griffi, lighira, ryori, aeridini, nyvene. The way these species are obtained is different from other species. The stats are naturally higher. And the wait for breeding females is 6 days instead of 3. In the wild, griffies are only obtainable in the winter fest zone, aeridinies are only obtainable in the spring fest zone, lighiras are only obtainable in the summer fest zone, and ryories are only obtainable in the fall fest zone. Nephinies are available in the wild year round in the third region of Sylestia and festival zones but are extremely rare. Ny'venes are not obtainable in the wild but eggs can be obtained from Ethernia doing the arena. All of these can be obtained with essences though. And rare eggs can be obtained in festivals of special themes.

The eggs of these species do look different from other species. They take something about the species and implement it in the egg. However, eventually all species will have unique looking eggs.

The puffadore is often considered fabled but technically is not. It is generally treated as a fabled with regards to obtaining themed eggs during festivals. The difference is in it's stats and that there's only a 3 day wait for breeding females.
Edited By Savynn on 11/29/2015 at 11:05 PM.
Chrispina
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 11/29/2015 at 11:07 PM Post #6
Thank you for clarifying all that for me. I really appreciate it. This game is so complex in ways that it's hard for us new users to really 'get' some things without a thorough explanation
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 11/29/2015 at 11:27 PM Post #7
It just takes time. We're all new at some point. I would take time to look at the FAQ section of the forum. That's the usual place for new players to ask questions. Aside from your own questions if you have any others, you can read what others have asked and have had answered already. There's also a Players Guide section and a Battle Discussion section. If you have problems with your team also feel free to message me and I'll take a look and see if I can recommend anything to help.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.