Players 2,315 340
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,264,731 1,001
Generated 656,499 8
Captured 1,191,325 39
Bred 6,416,812 954
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Newbie Please help!!
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Slothsrock
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 9
Posted: 10/1/2015 at 9:41 AM Post #1
How do I get a level 60 exp. orb??? I really need one! I've looked everywhere but I can't find one? Suggestions?
I looked in the broker but they were all 25,000 gold, and since I'm a newbie, I don't have that much.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 10/1/2015 at 10:03 AM Post #2
As a new player, that is definitely not an item you need. Best to try going through the storyline without items that are too expensive and out of reach for at least a few days at the very least. If you need help battling with pets, there are a lot of guides, or feel free to ask in the newbie FAQ forum. It's definitely extremely doable going the normal route, but at the same time there are some ideas that aren't explained in the tutorial that make the task of battling through the storyline a lot more daunting! It generally takes a few days to get going in the beginning too. ^^

I'm sure you will be able to find out what works best for you. :)

Lastly, here's a correction to something I was not sure about before: "I don't even think you can use it till your user level (seen on your profile page) is level 60." <- wasn't sure about that -- as Red pointed out, nicely turns out that it's not the case c: Even then, it is not a necessary item for the game at all. Also, posting in the newbie FAQ section next time will probably get you quicker replies. :3
Keeps the forums organized as well. ^^
Edited By Taptothebeat on 10/2/2015 at 11:35 AM.
Spidergem
Level 60
Posted: 10/1/2015 at 10:26 AM Post #3
The story line is tough and Jinxie is basically no help at all.
Bosses are not meant to be defeat-able on the first try I don't believe...
The best way to build up exp and your team is by participating in missions, saving up gold to buy better armor from the broker. I found potions and the healer to basically leach off all of my gold, so it's best to just wait for your hp to replenish over time / use potions you have acquired. (hp won't replenish over time during a battle tho, so saving elixirs and revives can be a life saver during boss battles if you barely leveled up enough)
Another way to level up and even gain exp and mana is to go to a previous area where you can build up your mana (and hp) before a boss battle.

Some suggestions I have found very helpful.

Also be cautious and take your time when exploring areas. Sometimes a merchant will pop up and ask for an absurd amount of gold to heal your pets or to sell you a risky chance item. I clicked through too fast at times and lost thousands from not paying attention.
Redfix
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 97
Posted: 10/2/2015 at 6:49 AM Post #4
Actually you can use any level exp orb no matter what level you are. And everyone levels up using exp orbs...one would be dumb to not take advantage.
Edited By Redfix on 10/2/2015 at 3:53 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 10/2/2015 at 10:28 AM Post #5
I shall expand on my answer so it makes more sense!

I genuinely think that experience orbs are not a good route to start with. D: They are too costly when gold is a concern. TT__TT Like you mentioned in your original post Slothrock, If you are earning at most 1k gold in the beginning, how can you realistically afford a 25k item? Even the level 20 experience orbs on the broker costs 4k which is a painful amount of gold! Oh no, not good right?

"So what's the alternative?" is the next question that follows such a thought! c:

Luckily there are other strategies than using very costly experience orbs!

One route (that you very smartly seemed to have taken) is to get a level 30-59 pet, and level it up once through missions...(usually takes a few days, so perhaps you landed your hands on an experience orb after all, which doesn't hurt of course if it's free!!~). So now this is very awesome! Though you may be a bit confused why that is so awesome. What it means is that now your user level is 60 and you can now have level 60 pets in your party.

The upside of this is that now since you can have level 60 pets in your party, the battles should be fairly easy. You still need to distribute points to your pets, which I will tell more about below. But other than that, you should be able to fly through the game~

The obvious downside is that it makes the battles very uninteresting since you just obliterate everything. But I guess that's a personal choice. You can always use lower leveled pets if you are finding battling too easy. c:

Advancement Points

The less obvious downside is that now you will not be earning as much AP. What is AP? AP stands for Advancement Points. You obtain it while advancing through the storyline, but also by battling enemies close to your user level. Since the enemies you are battling now are going to be <30, while your user level (Due to leveling up a pet to level 60) is level 60. You won't actually be able to earn AP through battling for now. D: But once you advance further to be able to battle stronger enemies, you will. c:

What can you use Advancement Points for? Is the natural question that follows. Advancement Points can be used to unlock various bases/styles/clothing in your wardrobe. If you're a person who likes customizing their avatar, you'll definitely want AP. I also wanted to note that in the image above you can see a price for diamonds and a price for AP. This means either diamonds or AP. Not both. >.< I know that has confused many before. D:

Additionally, after you have earned 10k AP, you can unlock a stablehand. A stable hand will (for a fee) feed your pets for you, which can be very useful. ^-^ Though that last one is probably a bit farther into the future seeing as your account is just reaching the first day~ (yay xD)

So now that you know you can battle with a level 60 pet, before you battle with it, there is one more thing you should know. c:

How to distribute Level Up points and Proficiency points.
You'll notice that although you have your level 60 pet is active for battle, its stats are quite low, even without armor. But no worries, there is an easy way to fix that~

In the Information section on the pet's profile page, you should see an area that says '' Spend Levelups, as well as Proficiencies '' First, Levelups~

If you click "Levelups", a popup window should come up and you should have 240 points to distribute if your pet is level 60. I would put a decent chunk of your levelup points into health, since as a new players potions are some of the most expensive items! (Don't forget to Save after distributing the points~)

But alas, we would want our pet to be able to fight too! So how can we have a strong pet if we put most of our Level Up points into health?! Fear not, we have proficiencies for that. :3

If you click on the Proficiencies button, it should take you to a new page that looks a bit confusing at first. What you should notice is that for a level 60 pet, you should have 12 points available. (Every 5 levels your pet gains one point~ :3)

For how you should distribute proficiencies, generally the idea is to invest them all in one element (wind, fire, etc. your choice) I usually go for wind if I want a strong physical damage pet, or fire if I want an intelligent magical damage pet.

It's good to invest proficiency points in either Strength or Intelligence. You'll notice if you put one point in to strength, you gain 5 Strength.

What's interesting to note for proficiency points is that, the bonus gained from placing proficiency points on the same stat, goes up and up. Going from 9 profiency points in strength to 10, merits a bonus of 75 strength compared to that small value of 5 from before!

The reason why you would want to specialize in either strength or intelligence, is that the pet's attack uses whichever of the two is higher, and solely that stat. So for example, if you distributed points 2/3 your points into strength, and 1/3 into intelligence, when you battle, the attack will just use the strength points and the intelligence would be wasted.

As a bonus, here is some extra information on battling itself. c:
I'm not sure if you've noticed, the the healing 'attack' actually recovers a percentage of your health.

Since this is the case, the more health your pet has, the more you will heal with that attack. This is also the reason for a new player to invest a lot of Level Up points into health.

Hope this helped! Let me know if anything is confusing or you want more info. c:

@Redfix,
Please don't look at 3 lines that I wrote and use that to make an assumption of a personal character flaw that I have. I would rather you report the post straight away than post that please.
Edited By Taptothebeat on 10/2/2015 at 11:38 AM.
Slothsrock
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/2/2015 at 3:26 PM Post #6
thanks for the help and sorry redfix was just standing up for me..shes a friend of mine in real life and was the one that told me about this site in the first place and was the one that got me into the whole exp orb thing so yeah...
Redfix
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/2/2015 at 3:33 PM Post #7
just to let you know...the only I'm a level 60 is b/c of of exp orbs. Haven't you heard about the glitch? Give a high level exp orb to a level 59 pet, and you're a level 60.
Well, at least that used to be the case...
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 10/2/2015 at 3:47 PM Post #8
@Redfix,
I've been a user since 1/12/2013, so yes I know about that~ Less of having heard about it from others, but noticed it myself when it first appeared! ^.^'' I actually mentioned and talked about it extensively in my reply to Slothsrock. c:

There are pros and cons to it, which is why although it's a strategy that works, it's usually not the first strategy I mention to new players. I realize you are a new player yourself. ^^ So worth also mentioning that you can achieve the same effect, by sending a level 59 pet on missions. It ends up taking between 1-3 days, instead of in the first few hours. This is generally preferable than experience orbs, since when you first begin you don't actually have the gold for experience orbs. And asking for someone to give you one is considered begging and against the rules. Wouldn't want a new player to fall into that. >.<

But I mean, since they have you as a contact, and you can just give them stuff for free, that's perfectly okay.

I would refrain though from calling other people mean and dumb. It's generally not a good practice. I was offended and still am... :( Since from my perspective, Slothsrock has been playing this game for 1 day now, and at the time, less than 1 day. And when you've been only on the site for a few hours, it's usually better to just explore and enjoy the game. :)
Edited By Taptothebeat on 10/2/2015 at 3:47 PM.
Redfix
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/2/2015 at 3:52 PM Post #9
I wasn't calling you dumb, just to make that clear. So my apologies if that is what you assumed. But I was saying that if you have an exp orb in your possession and/or if you have enough for one and you don't take take advantage then you are not very bright.
and by "you" I meant people in general
Edited By Redfix on 10/2/2015 at 3:52 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 10/2/2015 at 3:57 PM Post #10
@Redfix,
Thank you for the clarification, because it wasn't so clear to me. :( I appreciate that a lot. ^//^

OH! I did lastly want to mention that the leveling up trick isn't actually a glitch. If it were, it would be against the terms of service: Rules of Conduct part F to promote and/or use it. So I would be careful about your wording so you don't get in trouble. ^_^
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.