Players 2,393 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,247,200 1,865
Generated 656,261 10
Captured 1,190,628 52
Bred 6,400,216 1,803
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > [Writing] Write a Pet's Backstory, W...
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Littletoes101
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 74
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 10:02 PM Post #1
So I decided to do a fun little contest for the writers of Sylestia. All you have to do is make up a background story for the Sylesti posted below. This Sylesti doesn't actually exist, it's simply randomly generated in the generator (though, feel free to attempt to breed such a monstrosity). The background story can be as long or as short as you'd like it to be. At the end of next week on Sunday, I will be judging all of the entries. Prizes are listed below. Thank you, and have fun!

The Pet

You get to choose if the pet you're writing about is male or female.

Entry form
Pet's name:

Prizes
1st place: 50k gold
2nd place: 30k gold
3rd place: 20k gold

Please ping me when you enter!
Thenightfury
Level 63
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 7
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 10:39 PM Post #2
I think I might like to enter, seems like fun!!! xD

Pet's name: Mystilique
Background:

Standing atop this mountain, I don't even really feel the cold. Breathing the cold air made me feel important, as if I were different, as if I actually had a purpose. The whispering wind ruffles my fur, the flowers which grow off my back billowing around. The golden sun is slowly rising, warming my back. I closed my eyes, and whispered 'fiat terrent vobis*' over and over again in my mind. The whispering wind makes me let go of all of my worries and troubles, letting them slip carelessly from my troubled mind, letting them dance into the sky, twisting and turning in the wind, flipping and pirouetting in the air, until the golden clouds, warming them, welcoming them into their vaults of happiness. A small, clear tear slips silently down my nose, and drops onto the grass below me, which immediately sprouted a small, yellow flower, that glowed like the sun. I start to cry even more, goring a whole bunch of flowers at my feet. My memories, unlike my worries and troubles, were not taken by the wind so easily.

My old home had been overrun by bandits. They had an army of Ny'venes; Fire ones too. They burned anyone who disagreed with them, stole all babies and youngsters and murdered parents. My mother and father said to me 'Happiness can be found in the darkest of places, Mystilique, if only one remembers to turn on the light.' They smuggled me out of the city, and they succeeded. They ran me to a small village that the bandits never terrorised. They left me outside the house of a family who had two youngsters like me. They ran off, so the bandits couldn't get me. As I was taken into the house, My mother and father were murdered. This made my heart shatter into a million pieces.

Of course, I couldn't always stay with the family. When I was 6 I ran away from them, back to my own village. But all I found was ashes. My home was gone. I sat in the ashes, and started to cry. But as those silent tears rolled down my cheeks, and splashed into the ground, flowers and grass started to grow around me. I had rebuilt my own home.

But even now, I know that I'm not that strong. I can't keep hiding from them. I will not stop until I avenge my parents' deaths.

*Fiat terrent vobis means 'let it scare you' in Latin. Please don't ask why I searched this up, but I did, and now it's a saying that I use all of the time.

Well, I hope this is ok xD It's based off a story I wrote for school... xD

Hope I win!!!

~TheNightFury
SkyRaven
Level 70
Sylestiologist
Threads: 72
Posted: 9/27/2015 at 5:10 AM Post #3
Pet's name: Elentia
Background: I found her, cold, wrapped carelessly in a thin cloth blanket in the alleyway behind the bins. She was tucked in the corner, only the walls giving protection from the harsh winter that had swept across the continent. I picked up her trembling body; she felt the movement and opened her eyes, bright, wide, melted chocolate coloured eyes. The rest of her was a symphony of colour, a predominantly forest green, with a dash of purple, blue, green and pink; her tail was a wave of blue, curled around her small body for extra protection. I took her home, and the whole way back, I knew she was going to be my familiar.

My mother was surprised to say the least when I came home with Elentia, begging her to set up the ritual that would bind us and start up a spirit link. She tossed me a black robe to wear. Slipped it on as she proceeded to draw ancient symbols and signs on the floor, using a complex blend of herbs, flowers and spices. She plucked a hair from each of us and entwined them together and placed it in the centre of the room. She motioned for us to step into the middle as she began chanting in an ancient language. I closed my eyes and felt the magic rise up from my body, as the earth trembled and groaned beneath me. My heart felt like it was on fire, the most intense magic I had ever felt. It built up, the chanting seemed to have been coming from all directions. I opened my eyes and stared straight at Elentia; She stared right back.

The floor shook, and sparks exploded and floated back down to the ground. The ritual was done, and now that we were together, nothing could've stopped us from ruling the world, Until now.
Littletoes101
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/28/2015 at 4:46 PM Post #4
bump
Pheonixpharaoh
Level 60
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 28
Posted: 9/28/2015 at 4:51 PM Post #5
pets name- Chaos
gender- male

backround-
Soul wrought of terra corrupt, quelling impurity, purging the stream to beckon forth an ultimate fate. Behold mighty Chaos, Omega's squire to the lofty heavens.- Lucrecia Crescent

Little is known about the Proto-WEAPON, but Lucrecia Crescent and Vincent Valentines father- Grimor Valentine- hypothesized that Chaos would awaken at the end of the world, to gather up the life stream and bring it to Omega. Lucrecia and Grimor wanted to study the Proto-WEAPON more, so they attempted to seal Chaos in Grimor's body, killing him. Several years latter Vincent Valentine was assigned to be Lucrecia's body guard, having no idea about her involvement with his fathers death. But when Vincent was shot, killed, and later experimented on, by a scientist named Hojo, Lucrecia used Chaos to revive Vincent, and unlike his father, Vincent survived, only to discover that by the time he woke up, Lucrecia was dead. In his grief, Vincent sealed himself in a coffin and slept for 30 years before he was awoken by Cloud strife, who convinced Vincent to help him save the world from Lucrecia's son, a mad man named Sephiroth. Three years after saving the world, Vincent was forced to use chaos to distort Omega, thus separating the two. After omega was destroyed, the Lifestream sent Chaos to the world of Sylestia, where he now lays dornment, waiting to be awoken once again
Edited By Pheonixpharaoh on 9/28/2015 at 5:00 PM.
Pheonixpharaoh
Level 60
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 28
Posted: 9/28/2015 at 4:58 PM Post #6
^forgot to ping
Littletoes101
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/28/2015 at 4:58 PM Post #7
You have to write a story for the pet in the first post
Redfix
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 97
Posted: 9/28/2015 at 6:42 PM Post #8
reserve, I need to check the requirements! I know, I'm a dolt. ^^
WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP !!!
Pet's name: Unknown
Background:
The lush, green grass tickled my paws, as I paced around in circles
They made fun of me and made awful jokes...and yet, they feared me.
My parents thought I was so hideous, that even they refused to name me. Because of my birth, they were forever disgraced. While my peers begged for delicious food, I begged for a name. Even a simple one would be better than none.
I looked over my shoulder and saw Cloud, she radiated warmth and beauty. She was next in line to be ruler of our group of luffoxes. Uaxis, we called ourselves. She was the complete opposite of me. Her smooth white coat, patterned with luminescent gold, was perfect, her golden eyes invited everybody in. Her yellow horns glinted and sparkled in the sun light. Her wings were the definition of beauty. Spotless golden wings, they looked as if somebody had carved them out of 24-k gold. Each feather was beautiful. And....she could fly. Something I would never be able to do.
I was a monster, the devil, compared to her. My green fur was the color of vomit, I had even tried draping flowers over myself. But the flowers died and turned gray...even flowers thought I was disgusting. My tiny horns protruded from my head, ugly things, as everybody said. They had rumors that the devil himself cut the tips of his horns and stuck them to my head. And that he kicked me out of the underworld after even he couldn't stand my ugliness, growing worse day by day. My teeth were overgrown, with yellow plaque sticking to them.
I wanted to run away, but I couldn't. I was forever cursed to remain here, if my own kin couldn't stand me, what was to keep others from beating me, outside of the community? I let out a heavy sigh.
The other luffoxes insitinctilvly recoiled, as if my sigh alone was toxic.
"Please" I whispered, "Someone help me. My life is so screwed up."
This earned me an angry glare from a group of luffoxes. I shrinked away, trying to hide from their wrath.
I walked out of my home, unconsciously, making my way farther and farther into the outer world.
Edited By Redfix on 10/9/2015 at 2:57 PM.
GhostlyFours
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 61
Posted: 9/29/2015 at 11:50 AM Post #9
This is the finished product, hope you like :)

Pet's name: Forest Myth
Background: (This is written as the Luffox, as if she's telling the story of her first few months)

"I was only a few weeks old, when a lady in green surrounded by mist, had picked me up and took me home with her, I tried to run a few times after that, but she would always find me. The mist that always surrounded her lower half made her seem like she floated above the ground, and I never knew the truth when I was younger, but now I know that she's the witch in the Forest Legend, I'll get to that later. Many things happened while she was in possession of me, lessons in magic, or as she pronounced it, magek, mental training, and the learning of astral projection, these being only few of them. It was always hard work, and at the end of the day, I was always mentally exhausted, but in the end of all this, I see it was completely worth all the hard work and late hours. But enough of pesky details, now let's go back to the day she picked me up..."

I heard footsteps coming towards me, and I ran to the nearest thicket, hoping that whatever it what, didn't hear or see me. First it started with the green fog, flowing all around, then the earthy scent, and then, the words, "Come out, deary, I know you here. I can sense you, just come out and I will go easy on you, I promise" The, lady?, seemed to think a bit. "You're a special Luffox, aren't you? You have a certain uniqueness about you that I quite like a lot I think I'm going to keep you, deary, and when you show yourself, name you." I could hear the smile in her voice, and she really did seem like a nice lady, but I was still cautious. I crept out of the bushes and into the clearing, I looked all around and then finally spotted something solid a few feet away from me. I padded towards her, but couldn't quite see her face, as she was wearing a dark hooded cloak. "There you are, deary, what shall I name you?" She seemed to ponder that question for a little while, which she started walking. She set me down and I followed after her, she started muttering to herself and I could've sworn she was crazy. "Oh no, I'm not crazy, I'm magekal, something you've never seen before Something nobody has ever seen before" She picks me up and her hood falls back, "I shall name you Forest Myth, for I am the Forest's Legendary Witch. Always coming and going, never staying in one place, no one has the chance to see me, as I can disappear and reappear at will," she got that faraway look in her eyes as she continued on about herself. "I am what grants the wishes that are made in the Wells of Wishes, I am what sends trolls to Esior's Haven when someone is being naughty," a scowl grew on her face, then it was a large smile, "I am what heals the pets that have no home, and feed them and care for them as if they were mine Like what I'm going to do to with you." She looked at me and she was unspeakable beauty: her pearly white, straight teeth; her smooth, flawless face, that spoke of never-ending youth; the rosy cheeks; forest green eyes, that spoke of ancient wisdom; and silk-like silvery white hair, and not the old lady kind. She had the air of untold power, both young and old, which was evident in her thick accent. I snuffled and a whiff of an earthy smell hit me, as if she lived underground her whole life. It's like she's a forest Nymph a magical one, with powers, not just a spirit She looked at me as I thought that, after a few seconds she said, "That is actually exactly what I am, only instead of forest nymph, I'm a Nature Nymph, the first of any," which got me a smile that could melt the hearts of thousands of men. Youyou can hear me? I blinked and then stared at her. "Yes, it is what Nature Nymphs do, they can listen to anything, heal and help anything of nature's creation. You, are of nature's creation, this tree," She touched it and the drooping leaves instantly rise and grow greener. "Is natures creation. I can tune into anything that is nature, your mind, the tree's life source, the mist around me shrouds me from human eyes. But not all now, I will explain over time." She looked me deep in the eye, and a sudden fatigue came over me. My eyes closed and I fell deep asleep.

"Okay, kids, thats enough for now, you need to go eat and get ready for tomorrows skill test." Forest turned to walk away.
"But, auntie Foryth, that's not until tomorrow, we want to hear the rest of the story!!" Halsey, her younger niece, said.
"Now, now, you must get enough rest for tomorrow" Forest's resolve was crumbling as she looked into the eyes of her nieces and nephews. "And what did I say about calling me Foryth? I know it's what you kids do these days, mixing things and all, but I'm elderly and can't speak properly as it is."
"It's only 10 in the morning," Halsey whined.
"It sounds cool Auntie Foryth, and plus, we dont have to start getting ready until 6 in the afternoon, which gives us 8 hours!!" Ricky, the middle nephew, practically yelled.
"I'm sorry, I believe my hearing is failing me, could you maybe say that any louder?" Forest rolled her eyes.
Ricky grinned, his way of accepting a challenge, "I could have that arranged," he takes a deep breath and Halsey, Delfic, and little Mossyfoot jumped on top of him. "NOO!! We don't need to be deaf or we won't be able to hear the rest of her storyyyy!" Mossyfoot screeched, which is surprising as she's the most quiet one, among the 4.
"Okay, okay, you got me, now please finish the story, Auntie Foryth." All 4 of them begged, their ears drooping and the begging eyes coming out to play.
"Oh, fine, fine! I'll finish the story" Forest said reluctantly.

When I woke up, I noticed it was pitch black, I cautiously walked forward and bumped into something solid, I shook my head and backtracked, something hitting my rump. Okay, so there's only 4 steps in front and back. I told myself, then I side stepped both way, neither seeming to end, and when I counted 12, I bumped into a wall again. I jumped up and almost immediately I hit my head on the ceiling. I snuffed in frustration and the ceiling opened up to reveal the Nymphs face. Is this a cage? "Yes, Forest, it is a cage, one I conjured out of tree roots." She picked me up and placed me on the ground next to the cage. What's this? I said, looking at the maze type thing around me. "It is to test your gut instinct, my little Forest, also to see how you react to the different elements, as they are hidden throughout the maze." She looked down at me and smiled, her fingers glittering an opalescent haze, like the color of the Earth. "It's ready for you, Forest." I stepped forward and walked through the opening that appeared in front of me.

"What happens next, Aunt Foryth??" Mossyfoot said, her eyes glittering in anticipation.
"Hush, Mossy, let Auntie finish." Halsey said, clearly excited.
"Shhhhh, let her finisssshhhhh!!" Delfic said, his voice gruff, and still sitting on top of Ricky.
Forest chuckled and continued the story.

I opened my eyes-

"WAIT!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MAZE!!?" Ricky yelled, finally getting out from under Delfic.
We all cringed a little, "I will get to that soon, patience Ricky, it's a good asset." Forest said, rolling her eyes. "Anyways, as I was saying"

I opened my eyes and looked around at my surroundings. I wasn't in the root tree cage thingy. I got up off my side and my head throbbed repeatedly, I shook my head hoping to shake it away, but that only made it worse. I looked up and a bright light shone in my face, making my head burst with pain. I quickly looked away and closed my eyes, whimpering a little. "Oh, my poor Myth, do you want some elemental treatment? Or do you want to go through with the pain of victory?" Victory? I asked, looking up at her. "Yes, my deary, you went through the whole maze, have a few rough bumps with the Air element, but Fire and Earth seem to be your strong point." Well, I was always interested in fire as a hatchling and adolescent... And I am the color of Earth... I thought to myself, the witch picking up on it. "That is probably why, and please don't refer to me as 'the witch', its not very nice. Please just call me Mist."

"And when she said that, she started to fade right in front of my eyes, and I have never seen her since... Only her spirit guiding me through all the lessons and pointing me in the right direction. I haven't had contact with her for almost six months, and I don't think I will come in contact with her again, as she's already taught me everything she knows. But I know, that there will come a day that I will see her one last time, as her spirit leaves this world, and into the next..." There was a moment of complete silence as Forest thought about her days as Mist's apprentice.
Edited By Mewsalot2017 on 10/11/2015 at 6:04 AM.
Littletoes101
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/29/2015 at 11:51 AM Post #10
Sunday
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.