Players 2,302 355
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,266,492 1,761
Generated 656,507 8
Captured 1,191,815 490
Bred 6,418,075 1,263
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - FINAL...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 11:27 AM Post #1
~Welcome to Sylestia's Next Top Designer~
FINAL ROUND VOTING

VOTING OPEN

Voting Ends: Thursday, October 1st at 10:00PM Sylestia Time

Alright, so this is our Final Round. I must say that this has been an awesome journey for me as well as for the contestants. I have thoroughly enjoyed the enthusiasm that everyone has shown for this contest, and I hope the conclusion is exciting for all of you.

So this round is rather complex and I encourage everyone who is voting to read everything very carefully. Because of the theme I decided to post the character descriptions first and then put the entries in the post below. This is so you will have an idea of what the designers were going for with their designs BEFORE you see the entries.

When you vote you will be voting for ONE Character Set as a whole, so please keep this in mind when you're deciding. How you do this is completely up to you but some things to take into consideration would be how well the contestant captured the character descriptions in their designs, and how well ALL of the designs work together as a whole. Try to picture them all in the same story. :)

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE RULES!

RULES

1.) None of the entries will be labeled with the contestants name. This is what is considered a "blind vote", meaning no one will know who created what design. Once all of the votes are in I will put edit my Vote Counter post below so that everyone's name will be revealed.

2.) There is no real way for me to police this, but I feel confident that those of you who are contestants won't reveal which design is your's privately to anyone in order to get votes. If you are found to have done this you will be disqualified. Furthermore, if you accidentally post in this thread before the voting ends and indicate which design is your's I won't disqualify you, but you will not be eligible for anymore votes.

3.) VOTERS: When voting please vote for your ONE favorite designs. They will be numbered, so please refer to the designs you wish to vote for by number, and not just design name. Comments are welcome and I'm sure will be appreciated by the contestants, but please keep it positive.

4.) Contestants are allowed to vote, but it should go without saying that you shouldn't vote for your own design. I'll know whose is whose.

5.) Everyone have fun and please let me know if you have any questions or think I left something out.

FINAL ROUND THEME - Character Archetypes
Alright guys, this is our final round. I spent a lot of time making sure that this round was going to be fun to do, challenging, and fun to vote for in the end. You will have ONE WHOLE WEEK to complete your designs since there will be a total of FIVE.

So, character archetypes...basically what this means is the basic models that storytellers use to create "traditional" types of characters. We know them as "heroes" and "wise men" and "villains". For this round you will be making a total of FIVE character based designs by choosing five different characters from the pre-typed selections in the post below. YOU WILL NOT BE MAKING YOUR OWN CHARACTERS. Let me explain a little...

There are five different "character groups" below with one male and one female character whose descriptions I have pre-typed. You will select one character from each group and base a design off of that character's description. Some have specific features you can play off of, and some are more vague. You have complete creative freedom as far as species, color, and traits are concerned.

Here are the character descriptions to choose from. Please choose one character from each pair. Obviously, DO NOT POST which ones you're choosing. You don't even have to tell me ahead of time if you don't want to. You are free to play around with each character to see which designs you like better, but in the end you will only be turning in one design per category. Thank you.

Wise Man/Woman
Witch: Myrna is a hermit woman who lives in the swamp. She is considered something of a hearth witch and will tell the fortunes of any travellers who pay her a visit on their journeys.

Wizard: Zephyr is a wise man who seems to have been weakened by age with his long white hair, but when you look into his eyes you can see the depth of his power. He carries a long walking stick with him, which he uses as both a weapon and a tool to channel his magic.

Good Guy/Gal
Hero: Ravi is a reluctant hero, but a born leader. He is smaller than average, but has an inner strength the gives him the power to command others and inspire them to do great things. He works as an assistant at the inn where his uncle works, but one day soon his time will come.

Heroine: Camilla has led a tough life, and that has made her a tough girl. Orphaned as a child she has lived most of her life with with nothing. Now, she is an accomplished thief, but she leads a sort of Robin Hood lifestyle, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. She has a deep sense of honor and compassion for people who struggle.

Magical Beings
Healing Fairy: Iris is a healing fairy who loves all living things in the world. Her compassions shines from her in a dazzling array of colors. She has a special weakness for questing heroes and always goes out of her way to give them a helping hand.

Trickster Fairy: Loki is a fairy who has a love of jokes. His passion is to play pranks and anyone he can. He is not evil, but sometimes his pranks can get a little bit out of hand, and are at times cruel.

Bad Guy/Gal
Villain: Vidar is a grizzled, battle veteran. He commands the kingdoms army with a brutality that results in more fear than loyalty. He presents a devoted facade to the King and Queen, but secretly plans to overthrow their rule and take over control of the land.

Villainess: Bellatrix is a dark sorceress. Evil seeps from her every pore, and creates an unnatural chill wherever she goes. She delights in bending lesser beings to her will and making her minions do her bidding.

Craftsman/woman
Blacksmith: Cooper is a big bulk of a man who works as a blacksmith. His size and often blank expression give people the impression that he is not intelligent, but when he is in his forge creating beautiful things out of metal, his entire personality comes alive. People who know him well, know that he has a huge heart and a smile that lights up his face.

Bard: Cecilia is a slender woman who was born blind. Her father felt very sorry for his child and presented her with a lute as a gift when she was five years old. She quickly learned how to play all on her own and her musical prowess began to spread far and wide. People now travel very far to hear her play her instruments, for she has since learned to play several.
Edited By Britters on 9/28/2015 at 6:27 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 11:27 AM Post #2
And here are the entries. Please refer to the descriptions above when making your decision about which set to vote for.

Character Set #1 - Zephyr Sylvorpa, Ravi Bulbori, Loki Ryori, Vidar Lupora, Cecilia Aurleon

Character Set #2 - Myrna Vulnyx, Camilla Draeyl, Loki Sylvorpa, Bellatrix Ryori, Cecilia Zolnixi

Character Set #3 - Myrna Nytekrie, Camilla Zolnixi, Iris Aeridini, Vidar Morkko, Cecilia Sylvorpa

Character Set #4 - Myrna Morkko, Camilla Luffox, Iris Puffadore, Bellatrix Ny'Vene, Cecilia Qitari

Character Set #5 - Zephyr Lighira, Camilla Puffadore, Loki Zolnixi, Bellatrix Aeridini, Cooper Morkko

Edited By Britters on 9/26/2015 at 11:30 AM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 11:27 AM Post #3
VOTING COUNTS
For me to keep track of the votes.

Character Set #1 (Zephyr Sylvorpa, Ravi Bulbori, Loki Ryori, Vidar Lupora, Cecilia Aurleon by Yukiyume) - 8 votes
Character Set #2 (Myrna Vulnyx, Camilla Draeyl, Loki Sylvorpa, Bellatrix Ryori, Cecilia Zolnixi by Gingerpaw) - 7 votes
Character Set #3 (Myrna Nytekrie, Camilla Zolnixi, Iris Aeridini, Vidar Morkko, Cecilia Sylvorpa by Rhythm) - 5 votes
Character Set #4 (Myrna Morkko, Camilla Luffox, Iris Puffadore, Bellatrix Ny'Vene, Cecilia Qitari by Cyanidae) - 1 vote
Character Set #5 (Zephyr Lighira, Camilla Puffadore, Loki Zolnixi, Bellatrix Aeridini, Cooper Morkko by Lenore) - 3 votes

Ladies and Gentlemen we have our winner! Lets give a big round of applause to ALL of the contestants for a well played round and a job well done the entire contest. Winner places are posted below along with the prizes they won. Please be patient while I send out messages for prizes.

1st Place - Yukiyume
Prizes: 250k, 2-Vis Wheel Offspring, Coal Griffi Offspring, 1st Choice of Mojo Offspring, 1st Choice of Garden Offspring, Silent Ryori egg

2nd Place - Gingerpaw
Prizes: 150k, 2-Vis Wheel Offspring, 2nd Choice of Mojo Offspring, 2nd Choice of Garden Offspring, Silent Ryori egg

3rd Place - Rhythm
Prizes: 100k, 1-Vis Wheel Offspring, 3rd Choice of Mojo Offspring, 3rd Choice of Garden Offspring

4th Place - Lenore
Prizes: 50k, 1-Vis Wheel Offspring, 4th Choice of Garden Offspring

5th Place - Cyanidae
Prizes: Participation Prize
Edited By Britters on 10/1/2015 at 11:13 PM.
FallForever
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 7
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 12:02 PM Post #4
I vote for Character Set #5
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 12:29 PM Post #5
I vote for set #3!!
Alli614
Level 72
The Whimsical
Threads: 4
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 12:42 PM Post #6
I'm going to vote for set #1
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 12:49 PM Post #7
I'm voting for set 1!
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 12:57 PM Post #8
All votes added. :)
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 2:25 PM Post #9
I'll vote for set number 1. I really like how they all fit together, and they represented their characters beautifully!
Yasmin
Level 60
Threads: 3
Posted: 9/26/2015 at 8:06 PM Post #10
Character set 1. They're so beautiful. :3
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.