Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1
Now that this year's Summer Festival is underway and the first weekend has passed, we would like to take a minute of everyone's time to just ask for some general feedback/suggestions regarding this festival.

Please keep your posts constructive and please stay on topic. This thread is just for Fai and I to know what we can improve and what everyone enjoys so please do not argue with others if you disagree with their feedback.

You can just simply post what you like, what you don't like, or any type of specific feedback regarding certain features or content. You can post what you want to see more, less of, etc.

With still plenty of time left before the end of the festival, we would like to see if there's anything specific the playerbase wants to see implemented before the festival ends. We also would like to know what is liked, what is not liked, or what you may be tired of so we can retire it for future festivals.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help us continually improve Sylestia and we hope everyone is at least enjoying the festival so far!
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:11 AM Post #2
Krin, you and Fai are so great. I love seeing the devs/admins/mods asking their player base for feedback, that's what I love most!

I reeally reeeeally love the leader boards. I know some don't and it's gets too competitive but I personally really enjoy them. I love the pouches and it gives me even more of a reason to kill everything in the zone. :D

I also like how the special themed pets (in this case the fish pets, and in spring the garden pets) are really rare. I haven't participated in these things much but I know when I did make 1 or 2 garden pets that it was so much more satisfying than winning them off a wheel because you have to put a lot of money/work into making them. I know some would disagree and would prefer them to be easier to obtain but I like the exclusivity.

I think for next year the zone themes should be switched up. For me it doesn't matter if you bring back really old themes or have the users design new ones.. as long as next year we see different (not necessarily new) ZONE themed.

I can't think of anything that I really dislike right now.. maybe I'll come back later if I think of anything, but for now I got nothin'!
Bebop
Level 75
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 13
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:13 AM Post #3
So far i think the sea creature sylesti is great.

I loved the wind chaser luffox thing from a previous festival, i would love to see something like that surface again. Pick a random species and give it a set number of special traits and gather stuff to create that one special species. Im not sure if the above makes sense, i can eloborate better later if needed. I feel like doing this might give some of the less popular species a popularity boost, maybe?
Edited By Bebop on 8/25/2015 at 9:17 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:14 AM Post #4
In regards to the zone Themed, we are using them for 2 cycles. This coming Fall Festival will see new zone Themed as they were the first to exist and this will be the 3rd year of zone Themeds for that festival. So starting then, all Festival's zone Themeds will be new.
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 213
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:17 AM Post #5
I enjoy the new events you create for each fest and i understand why you tried to keep things challenging but i was disappointed there wasnt a treasure bundle in diamond shop..kinda like the seed equivalent from the last fest. I love the maze though and i hope you keep doing that for futures fests! Only other thing i miss is a way to get mutators and dyes from fest maze

Thanks for letting me ramble lol hope feedback helps :)
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:21 AM Post #6
Oh! Perfect then. :D I was wondering what was going to happen with Fall fest, so thanks for that answer.

Also.. I really wanna see..

An NPC that buys pets for cheap (or for... scales!??!) ... or something to that effect. ._. Whether they only come around during festivals or if it's something added to the scale shop permanently, it doesn't matter to me.. I just think it would be a good feature to have. P: Maybe to avoid having people breed pets to sell to the NPC you could make it so you can only obtain a set amount of scales per day/week/month? Or you can only sell so many pets? I don't know, just a some ideas.
Scarlitskys
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 52
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:22 AM Post #7
My only complaint is that I only found green and blue items(not festival stuff ) from battling the enemies, but over all I found it quite enjoyable all around.
Aniseed
Level 60
Sylestiologist
Threads: 18
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:23 AM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=28181&page=1#4
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:14 AM
In regards to the zone Themed, we are using them for 2 cycles. This coming Fall Festival will see new zone Themed as they were the first to exist and this will be the 3rd year of zone Themeds for that festival. So starting then, all Festival's zone Themeds will be new.

:O

Anyway, other than that: The adjustment to Seeking is much appreciated. I know you guys are hella busy with everything with the mega zone and site issues, so the fact that you've been so willing to take the time to listen to all of us is wonderful.
Treetoes
Level 60
The Dreamer
Threads: 84
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:25 AM Post #9
Well... I really liked in the past fest the events where everyone fought bandits together to get a certain boss to spawn. Really helped on team work and the bonus prizes were always a plus.

I also miss the mazes...

I dont like the fighting contest because its unfair to the lower levels people or the people who got a late start on the fest.(Not me, just complaints I have seen and agree with) I have also seen so many fights last time over it that I dreaded it coming back this fest...

The spawn times for the bosses are a little long... I rather have a lower drop rate for avatar items(which would keep the trade broker from overfilling) and more spawns so I can get more tokens.

I dislike the drop/spawn rate of the search thing still, I only have found one 'fish' and its for a pet I dont even like... (I will wait and see about this one...)

The price to upgrade pearls is very high and, like I said before, lower levels or newer people can not afford it. (Heck I can barely afford it!)

Hey someone has to be the critic...

Love the avatar items this time though :)

I also like the pretty new chest spawns.

I like the pouches for battling.

Edit: All in all though I love sylestia <3
Edited By Treetoes on 8/25/2015 at 9:36 AM.
TurquoiseGiraffe
Level 70
Mojo Master
Threads: 30
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 9:27 AM Post #10
For the most part, I'm having a blast! The one thing I'd suggest is spelling out the rules for the leaderboard battling/nurturing contests more clearly. I spent quite some time trying to figure out how to 'choose' which species I wanted to compete for before figuring out (through zone chat) that it was based on the pets in your party, and the species of eggs/hatchlings nurtured.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.