Players 2,378 347
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,249,188 796
Generated 656,304 9
Captured 1,190,741 49
Bred 6,402,048 738
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Some Weird (and Beautiful) Names!
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Quetzaloe
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 48
Posted: 8/22/2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1
So, after naming some of my pets today, I realized that most of the names I used should have explanations somewhere. They're weird, but all have beautiful meanings and (lets face it) look really cool! XD

So, I'll be posting the names in my stables and encourage other people to share the weirdly gorgeous names of some of their pets as well! My goal is to just put some of the meanings to their names, but maybe this thread could be used as a helpful naming tool for those among us who have a tough time naming pets.

I hope everyone has fun with this thread, but please do not post something inappropriate!

If you wish to comment on a name, feel free to ping the other user. But I will NOT tolerate bullying, rude comments, or mean people in general.

Thanks for Reading and Sharing!
Silver =^.^=
Edited By Silverraven on 8/22/2015 at 7:04 PM.
Quetzaloe
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 48
Posted: 8/22/2015 at 7:04 PM Post #2
Silver's Adorkable Names and Meanings-

Marielena- a girls' name is of Latin origin, and the meaning of the name Marielena is "star of the sea". Marielena is a form of Maria.

Te Amo- Spanish for "I Love You"

Mayu- Japanese. Ma means "true" or "full" combined with Yu "gentleness, superiority" or "evening". In this case, the meaning I'm using is "True Evening"

Manami- Japanese. Mana means "love, affection" combined with Mi "beautiful" or "sea, ocean". In this case, the meaning is "Sea Love"

Arinna- Goddess of the sun from Hittite Mythology

Laufakana'a- Tongan creator god and sky father (Mythology from the Pacific Islands).

Hiroshi- Japanese. "tolerant, generous" or "generous" depending on the character used.

Honoka- Japanese. Hono meaning "Harmony" and Ka "Flower".
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 8/22/2015 at 9:05 PM Post #3
i sorta name most of my pets after themes for a species, like Nixi get japanese names, Vulnyx and Faelora get greek names, Luffox get sweets/dessert names...

though i have a few that i chose carefully.

Falkor is one, my white Ligh, because he reminded me of Falkor the white luckdragon from The Neverending Story. the movie has him looking like a dog, the book describes him as more of an eastern dragon, and the cover of the version i read has him looking a bit lion-like. So, i had a white Lighira, friend pointed out they're 'long, like noodles', and i realized it was essentially a dragon-lion and viola! Falkor!

same kind of thing for Carmilla, my Vampiric Griff offspring i nabbed. Carmilla is the title character of the first vampire story, which even predates Dracula's publication and was one of the influences for it. also, lesbian vampire. if you know me well, that's all that needs to be said.

my Barn Owl Nytekrie(also my First Sun nyte, i need an amnesia for him) i named Soren after a Barn Owl character in the Guardians of GaHoole series. why these are all book characters i knoweth not.

my nixi Sora, i used the japanese word for sky(as part of my aforementioned theme, gosh i sound like a weeb), because...dude, he looks like a chunk of the sky, all blue with white blotches all over him. he's my first purchased pet, and i could never get rid of him n_n

my Bulbori Minako, named after Minako Aino of the Sailor Moon franchise. she's got Sailor Venus' golden orange and blue coloring, though she could really use some dyes...

Peppermint and Rooibos are sister Faelora, i named them after two of my favorite teas.

Princess Pillage i named partially after her father, Princess the II, whom i do not own, but she's actually really strong and i wanted a pretty-but-tough name for her. She will indeed be doing some pillaging in the near future.

that's all for now, heh.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 8/22/2015 at 9:21 PM Post #4
Hmm, the weirdest name I put on a pet personally was Baby don't hurt me on a hidden heart nixi.
Bella1988
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 78
Posted: 8/22/2015 at 10:41 PM Post #5
Conifarious the Forever- based off of conifers, an evergreen tree. He's a wheel reindeer griffi from a Winter fest.

Miss Chevious- midnight misfortune nephini, based off of mischievous

Llwellyn- 3 vis lighira, means "lion" in Gaelic (I think, may have the language wrong)

Herodotus- 3 vis nixi, favorite character from a webcomic I was reading at the time. He's still my special Hero <3

Kanoelani- "heavenly mist" in Hawain. Was among the first 6-vis nixis on the site

Robin Goodfellow and Titania- V-Day bulboris who I mad into mates. From Midsummer night's Dream by William Shakespeare.

Bombs Bursting- 6 vis Pat vulnyx

Morpheus's Dream- AB ryori with great traits (for the time when I named him)

Devil's Mischief- Ab ryo. The name just amused me.

Zergoth the Destroyer- Epic lupora with flaming hellhound mask
Edited By Bella1988 on 8/22/2015 at 10:46 PM.
Voidesca
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 1
Posted: 8/24/2015 at 6:01 PM Post #6
WARNING: If you are a fan of Fallout 3 and have not explored the entirety of the map regardless of whether it includes the downloadable contents or not. You have been warned read at own risk.

I don't count it as weird but I'm pretty strange. I have accidentally given males female names whilst looking up / thinking up names or just words that could be used as such. The ''theme'' I try to keep going with is if it is a male starting their name with the first letter of his father's name if not the first three or so that hasn't already been used. It's the same for the females sometimes I binge on watching anime, reading manga, playing video games, or reading fantasy books. It's usually just a spur of the moment thing but once I decide one of the parental names is perfect for naming the child after a character, weapon, or location. Such as in three cases where I named the mother Nixi Lamplight with every intention of naming one of her offspring Little Lamplight. Long story short I ended up with two Little Lamplights. To remedy the situation I released the first one 1, because it has genes and mutations than its successor, and 2, because the successor reflected their namesake in far superior fashion. Translation: Little Lamplight (the II) had brighter colors not to the neon extent but close enough and the first was more...dull and boring.

Also for those curious as to ''Why Lamplight and Little Lamplight at all?'' Well for those of you who are unaware, Little Lamplight is a location in Fallout 3 that is a very large cave system inhabited by children and a handful of dogs. Why are children in the cave you wonder? Well for the Fallout series China and America went to war. China nuked America and so a few ''lucky'' people got to live in underground bunkers called vaults. While not technically a vault despite there being one in the deepest portion of Little Lamplight it was below the surface enough to keep the children and few teachers and tour guides that were with them from getting too irradiated to become unrecognizable as children. By the time you get to Little Lamplight it has been about two hundred to two hundred fifty some years after the bombs fell and the children you talk to tell you about another settlement not far away called Big Town. Big Town is where the children go when they reach adolescence. If you're wondering yes, I will eventually name an offspring from that family line Big Town. So yeah, like I said, I don't think it's all that weird to name mine after beloved fictional characters or locations but even if I'm the only one who names them like that, it's not like about to stop.
Babblebubble123
Level 8
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 6:40 PM Post #7
My weirdest name for a pet is Towairaitosupakuru, Japanese for Twilight
Babblebubble123
Level 8
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/25/2015 at 6:43 PM Post #8
Wait- make that Kureijibani, Japanese for crazy bunny.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 8/26/2015 at 5:58 PM Post #9
I like to name my ny'venes after words in Dovahzul, the dragon language in Skyrim. xD Cause I'm a nerd like that. Example:

Meet Krahyol, meaning "cold fire" in Dovahzul. xD
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 8/27/2015 at 5:17 PM Post #10
I'm prone to referencing various video games (usually my OTPs as members of a breeding pair). And my beloved Skysplitter is a reference to my Muse's very snarky pet.

But for some more interesting names...

Suzako, my first ever Aurleon, is a combination of Suzaku (the Guardian Bird of the South) and the Japanese feminine suffix -ko. Since she's a female bird.

Eleana-Elvaar-Elisiah-Eliander-Elerina-Elzran are all characters in this made up Bulbori society that I got into my mind as I created/purchased/captured them. No, I don't have more than names or basic concept, but it still helped me name my first six Bulbori.

EDIT: How could I forget my Windchaser Luffox? Amma is from Amulet, as she has Windchaser Runes, which reminds me of some sort of amulet in its design. Chaia is from Chain, as he's got Windchaser's Tail, which has a chain on it.
Edited By Teefa85 on 8/27/2015 at 5:44 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.