Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > [Contest] Write Away+WIn Prizes!
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 32, 33, 34 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 12:08 PM Post #1
If you have been pinged its because, you've asked to be pinged, or I feel you could be interested.....and then...there's the bit where I totally did not peek in on your writings or RPs and thought you sure could write...>_>"

Welcome to the 'Writing Contest'!

Rules:
-No copying others
-You get a max of 5 11 pages
-Don't be scared, you do not have to write 5 11 pages, its only the max since i am aware you can get so into writing that you'd write so much if not given a limit.
-Feel free to use one page if you don't have a lot to write.
-You are given a theme, setting, words, or characters to write about...the rest is up to you, how you want to write it, is your choice.
-There are several rounds, and one winner.
-PING ME PLEASE
-Post to here

Prizes:

You know...personally I am not too fond of listing the prizes out in front like this at certain times, just because......I just feel it may be a distraction...so, I will list the prizes at the end. Yes, there are pets and money involved, I will just leave it at that. Though, please, do write without any distractions, pour yourself into it, I am excited to see what journey you will take us through.

-------------------------
End Date: August 4th, 2:35AM (game time)

-------------------------
Judging:

You will be judged on:

-Length (loosely....just don't give me three lines and say you are done...)
-Content (did you tell a good story? is there a front and back? Did you end it off well?)
-Imagination/Creativity (did you just use the basis of what I told you to write about? Or did you add in more characters?)
-Grammar (loosely though...if English is not your first language, then that is fine, but please, no slang unless if it is the character's style, no text speak either, unless if again, the character is using a mobile device or so and it is their style)
-Connection/Connector <--- The basic thing you learn in writing classes....lets put it at that XD
-Element of Surprise (Seriously, surprise me, I love a good surprise, it is very refreshing)

-------------------------------
THE SETTING/THEME YOU WILL BE WRITING FOR THIS ROUND:

You are writing, about a young vampire who was wrongly imprisoned, that has escaped the captors, the setting is at a late night in a forest, it is dark, the sound of the captors can be heard...will the vampire escape, or will the vampire get caught? Why was the vampire in prison for? Feel free to write this vampire's story.

(feel free to give more or less characters, feel free to name them all, feel free to write in whatever view, feel free to write what happened BEFORE, the 'situation' and feel ...okay, seriously just write...I'm only putting this in, in case anyone feels like asking how they should write...there honestly isn't a way of how to write...just...write,lol)
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 7/30/2015 at 2:41 PM.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 12:32 PM Post #2
*flashback*
"Stop! Please, you don't understand!" I cried out as they beat me. They beat me with metal rods. I screamed as with every injury i was restored for more damage to be done. I couldn't die, and the pain was never ending.
"You filthy beast! Why should we believe you!" They shrieked at me. My hot tears wetened the dirt floor. My pale body quivered, leaning over the wooden boards.
"Because I'm not like them!" I yelped, the night air filled with crickets' song and melody swept over my flailing body. Moonlight shine down on my terrified face.

*present*
I was trembling in fury as I looked back on my night. How humans were heartless, I didn't know. Was I the only one in this world to be reasoned with? I clenched my teeth, as well as my fists. I didn't have long before dawn, that troubled me. I barely escaped the cold bars of the cage. I was to injured to use any of my powers, injured emotionally.
Pounding over the underbrush i panted. Sweat, the only liquid in my body it seemed, came pouring down. My hair plastered to my face. Where did I belong? Not with my family. I was an outcast. Not with the humans, they were backstabbing beasts. So I looked to the stars.
They shine down every night, reminding me that there's always a spark in the cold. Even in space where there is nothing but cold and silence, there is happiness. With all the strength I could muster, I summoned my large leathery bat wings to my shoulder blades.
"Take me!" I cried to the breeze. I leapt.
From the overhanging cliff, and glided. I let the wind pull me away from the troubles behind. But just when I thought things were alright, arrows began to whiz past in the night. I screeched, twisting in the air. These arrows were tipped with wooden stakes. Fear engulfed me. With one last act of aerial acrobatics, I decided fate just wasn't meant to be. The arrows came down on me, and I was dropped. Down, down into the never seizing shadow.
Carry on, stars, find another hero. For my hope was extinguished tonight.

Edit: I decided to go with a theme of a young vampire without a place. The goal is left for the reader to find out, thought I should explain. She was trying to find somewhere to belong and that's why she was captured. In the end, I hinted that she finally reached the stars. Like she had finally reached home. But she had to go through her most fearsome journey first, the coming of her death.
Edited By Watercolors on 7/30/2015 at 12:38 PM.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 12:34 PM Post #3
is it a4pages?
Avaelle
Level 60
Threads: 7
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 12:35 PM Post #4
I may enter =P (wait did you stalk my writings and RP ? O.O thanks ^^)
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 12:42 PM Post #5
your choice, you have a max of 5 pages, but you can write to the max, or write less than the max...honestly just your choice
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 12:42 PM Post #6
nice, can't wait to see what you will come up with
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 12:42 PM Post #7
sweeet <3 thanks darling
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 2:15 PM Post #8
hmm I have a feeling that five pages may be to short ... XD
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 2:18 PM Post #9
Aww don't pull a Xavion on me,lol, just try XD
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/30/2015 at 2:19 PM Post #10
Im practicly at pg3 and the main character isnt even a vampire yet ...
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 32, 33, 34
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.