Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - ROUND...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1
~Welcome to Sylestia's Next Top Designer~
ROUND ONE VOTING

VOTING CLOSED

Voting Ends: Wednesday, July 29th at 11:00PM Sylestia Time

Alright, I'm not going to make this very long. I think I expressed my gratitude to you all enough last time. I have still been having an amazing time running this contest and I hope that everyone else is continuing to have a lot of fun and continues to do so.

Last round we had two people not complete designs so there was no need for an elimination. This round we had one person not turn in a design so we are having an elimination but we will only be eliminating one person. So good luck everyone! :)

Just a note about the image sizes. I meant to resize all of the reference pictures because most of the were very large. There are also one or two design entries that needed to be resized down to 300 pixels. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to do this. I sincerely apologize for this because I know that the image quantity and size can get a bit overwhelming. There was more going on for me today than I anticipated, and as it is its taken me several hours of working on and off to get this posted as it is. I have previewed the whole thing several times and I don't its TOO bad, but its not as neat looking as I wanted it.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE RULES!

RULES

1.) None of the entries will be labeled with the contestants name. This is what is considered a "blind vote", meaning no one will know who created what design. Once all of the votes are in I will put edit my Vote Counter post below so that everyone's name will be revealed.

2.) There is no real way for me to police this, but I feel confident that those of you who are contestants won't reveal which design is your's privately to anyone in order to get votes. If you are found to have done this you will be disqualified. Furthermore, if you accidentally post in this thread before the voting ends and indicate which design is your's I won't disqualify you, but you will not be eligible for anymore votes.

3.) VOTERS: When voting please vote for your TWO favorite designs. They will be numbered, so please refer to the designs you wish to vote for. Comments are welcome and I'm sure will be appreciated by the contestants, but please keep it positive.

4.) Contestants are allowed to vote, but it should go without saying that you shouldn't vote for your own design. I'll know whose is whose. This is our first full-length voting round so hopefully we get plenty of votes.

5.) Everyone have fun and please let me know if you have any questions or think I left something out.

ROUND TWO THEME - Favorite Book Cover
Okay, time to challenge you guys a little bit. For this round you are going to take your inspiration from your favorite book COVER. This can mean a wide variety of things. Your Sylesti could be modeled after a character as long as that character is on the cover. It could be a different object that is represented in the cover, or just the color scheme, or even the feeling that the book cover evokes. I encourage everyone to select their book VERY carefully. You must send me a picture of the book cover along with your designs when you submit them. A very short description of what your Sylesti represents in regards to the cover is required and this time they will be included with the entries along with your reference picture.

Design #1 - Odin's Ravens Lupora

"Now, my design represents three out of four characters dipicted on the cover, and the background of where the two kids are standing. The Lupora, is in favor of the boy, Fenrir. Or Fen. He is, essentially, shapeshifter who can only shift into a Wolf. Then, there's his cousin, Laurie. She's got a magical bow, and very light haired compared to all of her other cousins. I chose the light blond on the Lupora, to represent her. The Raven's are represented in the Lupora's wings and main colors. The Hellhound Skull and armor, represents the mass of skulls and skeletons they are in the midst of standing on."

Design #2 - Fablehaven Nephini

"Mine is based on this cover. It is one of my favorite books. I incorporated the color scheme, and the title since nephinis are a fabled species, I used them to go with the title Fablehaven."

Design #3 - Blink Zolnixi

"Reading this book was really enjoyable, I developed a lot of new perspectives towards life. This is why I chose the rainbow life runes. This book was also inspiring, so I chose the enchanted butterflies trait, with yellow colour. Reading this book felt like being on a small adventure, an adventure where I searched for new views, where I learnt really cool and new stuff, so I chose the steampunk outfit (in my opinion, i think it looks more like an adventurer's outfit). The reason I chose spirit wings is because this whole book is about our mind, psychology, our thinking process. I think this is also linked to our spirit and our soul."

Design #4 - Death Note Ny'Vene

"Though it isn't particularly obvious thanks to the tiny cover picture, that shimmering mess of gold is actually a great big pile of SKULLS!! So I made a Ny'vene. With Bone Armor. And Demonic Essence. Made it black and white. Threw on some shiny gold genes. Tweaked the balance of black and white several times over until I felt satisfied. And finally, came up with this incredible dragon who is surrounded and adorned, in shiny, golden, SKULLS!!"

Design #5 - Tiger's Curse Vulnyx

"The book is about basically these 2 princes get turned into tigers (one white and black the one on the cover the other is black and with blacker stripes and orange eyes) There is a girl that seems to be the key to help them turn back into men. It was a touching and loving story that I will forever love with fun adventures and heart breaking moments."

Design #6 - Ironside Zolnixi

"These nixis represent a merging between fae magic, and the twisting influence of iron."

Design #7 - Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children Bulbori

"I chose a black and white cover of "Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children"- by Ransom Riggs, which is the most amazing book ever!!!! The Bulbori is colored as a black and white picture might be, the Ornate Armour to show the crown the girl wears in the cover."

Design #8 - Halo: Fall of Reach Lupora

"Halo: The Fall of Reach is a book documenting one portion of the Master Chief's journey through the war. And because Master Chief was so outstanding in the bookcover, I decided to create a design after him. The sylesti species Lupora was chosen to represent the Master Chief's bravery (because Luporas look really noble and brave to me ^^) Plus Luporas have cool mech armour, like how Master Chief has his special MJOLNIR suit."

Design #9 - Wings of Fire: The Dark Secret Ny'Vene

"So, I spend quite a bit of time looking though every book on my shelves (which, took a while) before I decided to do this book, mostly because I absolutely love the dragon, the fire, and the little sparkles on his wings."

NOTE FROM ME (Britters): I'm aware that these designs do not match on both the male and female as per my rules. However, this is MY mistake because I JUST noticed they were different, so I am allowing it for this round.

Design #10 - Wings of Fire: Escaping Peril Ny'Vene

"I based my entry on the cover page of the newest book in the Wings of Fire series, Escaping Peril."

Design #11 - Wonder Lunemara

"The face on the cover represents Auggie, a boy with a mutated face. (doesnt actually show his true face on cover) I designed my sylesti as a lunemara, because they are not generally as popular as the other sylesties. When you first look at my design, you see that it is a lunemara. But even lunemaras can be beautiful. Just like how Auggie is a really great kid, but most kids draw away from him at first glance. (I also used the colors of the book cover if you will notice)."

Design #12 - The Little Prince Aeridini

"I chose an older cover for my reference, I think the faded colors go better together; the prince's outfit is a much more vibrant mint in recent publications. The rose tail is to represent the little prince's beloved rose on his home planet, and the Fae Dust to represent the stars the narrator is to remember the prince by. There's a snake with an important task which is why I chose the Aeridini, along with the distinct flower motif. If you're interested in reading the story, it's quite short, and very sweet, the simplicity and nostalgia is something i tried to capture in my design."

Design #13 - Afblijven Zolnixi

"I made a zolnixi about the cover of the book afblijven, its na netherlands book and a love it. Its about a girl who can dance really good. But she think she cant dance without "pills" (Drugs). Afblijven means hands of."

Design #14 - Chaos of Stars Aeridini

"I based my design after this book cover because I love the star effect on any Sylesti and I wanted to give it a try myself."
Edited By Britters on 7/30/2015 at 1:16 AM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 4:07 PM Post #2
Entries continued due to the first message being too long...

Design #15 - The Warlock Nephini

"There's bright blue lightning is a bit obvious, the black and the tanish color are the center design and surrounding area, the greenish-blue is the jewel underneath the center design, and the streaks of regular blue represent the small jewels on the bracelet thing surrounding the center design."

Design #16 - City of Embers Ryori

"The City of Ember book cover is simple; it's just a glowing lightbulb with a dusty brown backdrop. Yet, despite its plain appearance, it invokes so much emotion. This design is not focused on sticking strictly to what the book cover itself looks like, but, rather, the feeling it gives. While staying somewhat true to the color scheme, and feeling, I tried my best to give it unique aesthetic twists. And this is the result."

Design #17 - Wildwood Dancing Faelora

"This is a representation of Wildwood Dancing. I chose faelora as they are very jungle creatures and their design reflects the scene in the cover of a dance in the wild woods at midnight. So amongst the dark mysterious overgrowth, a festivity arouses and a few young ladies go to dance. The faeloras are also posed to look quite frolick-y and agile on the foot. The orange flowers hanging on their antlers are the pumpkin lights and the ghostly aura are the whisps of smoke from the girl's dress as this scene is set in a very magical place."
Edited By Britters on 7/26/2015 at 4:08 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 4:08 PM Post #3
Voting Counts

Below are the designs with names attached to them and the number of votes. Below that are the list of this round's winners. There was a 2-way tie for the elimination, so I'll be posting a Sudden Death Voting Round as soon as I'm done here. I encourage all of the contestants to participate in it.

Design #1 (Odin's Ravens Lupora by Gypsycrest19) - 2 votes
Design #2 (Fablehaven Nephini by Mysticfantasy1996) - 0 votes
Design #3 (Blink Zolnixi by Hyc) - 1 vote
Design #4 (Death Note Ny'Vene by Xavion) - 2 votes
Design #5 (Tiger's Curse Vulnyx by Kittenroar) - 0 votes
Design #6 (Ironside Zolnixi by Lenore) - 4 votes
Design #7 (Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children Bulbori by Jai) - 1 vote
Design #8 (Halo: Fall of Reach Lupora by Yukiyume) - 1 vote
Design #9 (Wings of Fire: The Dark Secret Ny'Vene by Lopai) - 1 vote
Design #10 (Wings of Fire: Escaping Peril Ny'Vene by Sandstorm514 - 3 votes
Design #11 (Wonder Lunemara by Gingerpaw) - 3 votes
Design #12 (The Little Prince Aeridini by Cyanidae) - 6 votes
Design #13 (Afblijven Zolnixi by Jolieke04) - 1 vote
Design #14 (Chaos of Stars Aerdini by Eots) - 8 votes
Design #15 (The Warlock Nephini by Ladybeatrice) - 2 votes
Design #16 (City of Embers Ryori by Rhythm)- 3 votes
Design #17 (Wildwood Dancing Faelora by Rabbitaka) - 2 votes

Round Winners

1st Place - Chaos of Stars Aeridini by Eots
2nd Place - The Little Prince Aeridini by Cyanidae
3rd Place - Ironside Zolnixi by Lenore
4th Place - 3-Way Tie between Sandstorm514, Gingerpaw, and Rhythm

Eliminated Contestants
TBD.
Edited By Britters on 7/29/2015 at 11:19 PM.
Lopai
Level 59
Threads: 11
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 5:08 PM Post #4
I'd like to place my votes on the Escaping Peril Ny'vene and Le Petit Prince Aeridini.
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 5:23 PM Post #5
i vote for the #14 Chaos of Stars Aeri and #15 the Warlock Neph (totally forgot about that series! i should go read it right now, if i still have it...)

man, now i wanna look up some of these, those are some gorgeous covers!
Rhythm
Level 62
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 7
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 6:27 PM Post #6
I'm gonna place my votes on #10 Wings of Fire: Escaping Peril Ny'vene and #12 The Little Prince Aeridini. I think both were done really well.
Edited By Rhythm on 7/26/2015 at 6:28 PM.
Rabbitaka
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 71
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 8:13 PM Post #7
Wow! They're soo good!

That was a hard call but my absolute favourite was Lil Prince aeri. I love how a more dulled out cover was chosen, it really does match the aeridinis better, the colours match so well together and accurately represents the cover! That is such a good idea, i would've never thought of it XD

I also loved chaos stars aeridini.. the aeridinis this time, gosh. It was not only an accurate portrayal but it's gorrrgeous =3 They really are just simply gorgeous!!
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 8:28 PM Post #8
Design #6 - Ironside Zolnixi

and

Design #16 - City of Embers Ryori
Mysticdream
Level 60
Threads: 46
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 9:27 PM Post #9
The warlock and The Chaos of stars
Edited By Mysticfantasy1996 on 7/26/2015 at 9:28 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/26/2015 at 11:05 PM Post #10
All votes have been added so far.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.