Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Design - ROUND O...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 7/18/2015 at 11:29 PM Post #1
~Welcome to Sylestia's Next Top Designer~
ROUND ONE VOTING

VOTING CLOSED

Alright, well the deadline has passed, so I guess it's time for our first voting round. Before we get started, I want to let everyone know how happy it has made me running this contest. Not to get too personal, but I am 22 weeks pregnant. It's been a bit of a bumpy road for me and my emotions have been wreaking havoc on me, partly because I don't have much to distract me. Not only has this contest been a very effective distraction, but listening to everyone's enthusiasm and watching all of you have so much fun with this has really lifted my spirits. I look forward to all the future rounds, and I hope you all continue to have such fun. Thank you to all of the contestants and those of you who will be voting. :)

Okay, onto the important stuff. Unfortunately, we had a few people not turn designs in, so Sakurachan and Khumos have automatically been eliminated. Since there were going to be two eliminations this round anyway, this voting is more for fun than anything else since none of the designs who have been submitted will be eliminated. Below are the rules for the voting and a few things that I want the contests to be aware of so...

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE RULES!

RULES

1.) None of the entries will be labeled with the contestants name. This is what is considered a "blind vote", meaning no one will know who created what design. Once all of the votes are in I will put edit my Vote Counter post below so that everyone's name will be revealed.

2.) There is no real way for me to police this, but I feel confident that those of you who are contestants won't reveal which design is your's privately to anyone in order to get votes. If you are found to have done this you will be disqualified. Furthermore, if you accidentally post in this thread before the voting ends and indicate which design is your's I won't disqualify you, but you will not be eligible for anymore votes.

3.) CONTESTANTS: I tried to make all of the Sylesti images uniform in size. This worked well with the designs that were sent to me as large images, but it made the ones that started out smaller a little blurry. When I post ROUND TWO I will include specific instructions in the Rules so the contestants will know how to send me their entries the correct size when they submit them. For now, I apologize to those contestants whose designs are blurry or had to remain small.

4.) VOTERS: When voting please vote for your TWO favorite designs. They will be numbered, so please refer to the designs you wish to vote for. Comments are welcome and I'm sure will be appreciated by the contestants, but please keep it positive.

5.) Contestants are allowed to vote, but it should go without saying that you shouldn't vote for your own design. I'll know whose is whose. Also, please be aware that most voting rounds will not be this short. As I mentioned before, since this is more for fun than actual voting, I'm making it shorter on purpose.

6.) Everyone have fun and please let me know if you have any questions or think I left something out.

ROUND ONE THEME - Precious Gems
That's right, precious gems. Rubies, diamonds, emeralds, pearls...the list goes on and on. Your assignment is to design a Sylesti (both male and female) that represents a precious gem. You may choose any gem you want to inspire you. Reference photos are required, and it is up to you whether you choose an image of an uncut gem, shaped gem, a piece of jewelry (as long as the gem is the main focus), or even the meaning of the gem.

Design #1 - Amethyst Bulbori

Design #2 - Orange Diamond Sylvorpa

Design #3 - Star Ruby Aeridini

Design #4 - Mahogany Obsidian Qitari

Design #5 - Black Opal Faelora

Design #6 - Ruby Zolnixi

Design #7 - Moonstone Zolnixi

Design #8 - Bixbite Red Beryl Aurleon

Design #9 - Ruby Lighira

Design #10 - Sphalerite Puffadore

Design #11 - Amethyst Aeridini

Design #12 - Amethyst Zolnixi

Design #13 - Jade Aeridini

Design #14 - Amethyst Necklace Zolnixi

Design #15 - Opal Morkko

Design #16 - Light Grey Opal Aeridini

Design #17 - Tourmaline Griffi

Design #18 - Turquoise Aurleon

Alright, I think my eyes officially hurt after typing all that. Enjoy everyone! :)

VOTING ENDS: Monday, June 20th, 8:00PM Sylesti Time
Edited By Britters on 7/20/2015 at 9:28 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 7/18/2015 at 11:29 PM Post #2
Voting Counts

Design #1 (Amethyst Bulbori by Twilightsage) - 2 votes
Design #2 (Orange Diamond Sylvorpa by Lopai) - 0 votes
Design #3 (Star Ruby Aeridini by Rhythm) - 5 votes
Design #4 (Mahogany Obsidian by Xavion) - 1 vote
Design #5 (Black Opal Faelora by Jai) - 2 votes
Design #6 (Ruby Zolnixi by Mysticfantasy1996) - 0 votes
Design #7 (Moonstone Zolnixi by Cyanidae) - 9 votes
Design #8 (Bixbite Red Beryl Aurleon by Ladybeatrice) - 0 votes
Design #9 (Ruby Lighira by Kittenroar) - 0 votes
Design #10 (Sphalerite Puffadore by Eots) - 1 vote
Design #11 (Amethyst Aeridini by Rabbitaka) - 3 votes
Design #12 (Amethyst Zolnixi by Gypsycrest19) - 1 vote
Design #13 (Jade Aeridini by Hyc) - 2 votes
Design #14 (Amethyst Necklace Zolnixi by Jolieke04) - 3 votes
Design #15 (Opal Morkko by Yukiyume) - 7 votes
Design #16 (Light Grey Opal by Gingerpaw) - 4 votes
Design #17 (Tourmaline Griffi by Lenore) - 3 votes
Design #18 (Turquoise Aurleon by Sandstorm514) - 0 votes

Winners

1st Place - Moonstone Zolnixi by Cyanidae
2nd Place - Opal Morkko by Yukiyume
3rd Place - Star Ruby Aeridini by Rhythm
4th Place - Light Grey Opal Aeridini by Gingerpaw

Eliminated Contestants
Khumos (Didn't turn in a design)
Sakurachan (Didn't turn in a design)

Congratulations to the winners of this round. Please note that the individual round winners do not get prizes per se, since the prizes are saved for the end. It's just mostly for fun. Also, since the two people who got eliminated didn't turn in a design for this round all of the people who participated in round one will be moving on to Round Two.

I am hoping to get Round Two posted tonight. Please be patient, I had a very long day. It shouldn't take TOO long since I'm copying and pasting all the rules are stuff from the Round One post, but I have to make some changes here and there and work some stuff out. I hope everyone enjoyed this first round, because we have many to come. :)
Edited By Britters on 7/20/2015 at 9:47 PM.
Lopai
Level 59
Threads: 11
Posted: 7/18/2015 at 11:41 PM Post #3
My first pick is design number 3- Star Ruby Aeridini
And second pick is number 7- Moonstone Zolnixi
Rabbitaka
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 71
Posted: 7/19/2015 at 12:56 AM Post #4
Aww! Congratulations on the little one :3 that must be so exciting!

Wow, so many nice designs ><

But my 2 picks are:
#7 Moonstone zolnixi
This was a lovely, accurate and simple yet effective design. The colours and traits work well together to match the image of the moonstone necklace =3

#16 Light grey opal aeridini
The moment i saw this design i knew it was one of my 2 picks, what got me was the colour palette, and also, how you used um... whatever that gene is called to create the rippling, light reflecting lines in the opal on the aeridini! It was amazing!
Ladybeatrice
Level 63
Fancy Pants
Threads: 22
Posted: 7/19/2015 at 1:03 AM Post #5
My favorites were #5 and #13. A very well done use of color and traits to make it flow and stand out. :)
Esylana
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 10
Posted: 7/19/2015 at 1:12 AM Post #6
I vote for:

#7 - Moonstone Zolnixi

#15 - Opal Morkko

Also, congratulations on the little one! I know how rough it can be. ^_^ Hang in there, mama! :D
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 7/19/2015 at 2:00 AM Post #7
I vote for #15 as my favorite and #3 as my second.

#15: I love how the colours match the reference picture in a way that actually made me like a Morkko!
#3: The colours could be a tiny bit more accurate, but the traits work well and I like how it has depth!
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 7/19/2015 at 4:30 AM Post #8
My first vote goes to the Moonstone Zolnixi (#7).
I usually admire 6 visible designs because it's so difficult to fit in all of the traits without it looking crowded, however, this design was elegant and simple. The colours are really beautiful (and true to the reference) and I like how the flowers mirror the jewelry piece. The star runes worked great as a soft white overlay the stone has.

My second vote goes to the Amethyst Necklace Zolnixi (#14).
Again I really like how the traits (ball mask and glowlight wings) mirror the jewelry piece itself. The colours are exact to the reference photo and I like the balance between the white and the purple.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 7/19/2015 at 7:36 AM Post #9
Design #10 - Sphalerite Puffadore

and

Design #15 - Opal Morkko

(That is one AWESOME Morrko! Props for using one of the less popular species and making it great!)
Athenaolympia
Level 64
Nature Walker
Threads: 12
Posted: 7/19/2015 at 8:33 AM Post #10
I am voting for design 3 and design 14 because I believe that these designs had both traits and colors that complimented the gem they represented.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.