Posted: 7/1/2015 at 8:20 PM Post #11
Ah I see :)
Its pretty different, but I like both versions!! :DD
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 7/1/2015 at 8:26 PM Post #12
Yeah, it's similar but different. For me I like the original version more, since the large shell shoulder pads throw the official one off for me. But I do like the other items, I already got the back item as well as the scrying orbs~ So cool ^____^//)~
Trixiefae
Level 60
Threads: 3
Posted: 7/1/2015 at 10:43 PM Post #13
Good Evening Everyone*~

~*I am hoping that someone could help me. My sister finally talked me into playing after a year of begging me. She is in Dubai, and so we spend time with each other on sites like this, and after being on one site for over 10 years I was reluctant to try something new, but I am SO GLAD that I did! I am IN LOVE with this site!!! As adult players, we get lost in stuff like this as it takes us away from every day life etc. and with me in Arizona and being 13 hours apart, meeting here is making it the perfect place for us to get together and let each other know about our day and kiddies etc.

~*When I got here she had some beautiful pets waiting and one outfit and I couldn't be more happy. It was weird being on the other end of the gifting as where I am from, on the other game, I am known as "The Gifting Faerie" and after 8 years of my status there and what I do, I hadn't been on the receiving end in so long it felt so weird! hahaha I am always the one helping others with everything that I have. I make dreams come true etc. etc. and now, that I want to try and get her a Thank You gift before she arrives online shortly (about an hour at the most maybe) I wanted to surprise her, but I simply cannot get anything in the shops cause I am not understanding the symbols, or what I can or cannot get etc. etc. I also wanted to grab something new for myself too.....

~*I do remember that she told me she traded for a few of the outfits? So she gave me an extra one to trade if I needed to. I have a serpent costume UFT if anyone is interested? (Or do I sell it? I have no idea...lol) So any help would be amazing. I am looking for the Sakura Outfit and a pair or wings that would go perfect with it :) *I think the ones I have on now would work, so the wings are not that important but would be just wonderful if I knew what I was looking for in the shops*

~*So please feel free to contact me. I would stay on the thread, but my 4 month old just got up for another bottle and my 4 year old little girl is about to have dinner. (I shouldn't be any longer than 20 minutes, but I will be off and on, so feel free to send me a message or Instant message) I would appreciate any help that I can get with what I am supposed to look for in the clothing areas...I am so lost..lol

~*I also got a pet while playing around and exploring today, and I am really not liking the colors, so if anyone want to take him off of my hands (I don't know how that works either) but please do contact me and we can figure it out :) I don't know what to sell him at, and because I want to make sure that both parties get a fair trade I don't just want to go guessing...lol Thank you for your time and I understand that this was a long message so I am so very sorry. Have a most beautiful evening and I hope to hear from you soon!

Warmest Regards,
Trixie Fae

The pet that I am hoping to find a new home for is: Un-Named in Stall 11. :) Here is the link for him if you want to take a peek and just in case anyone has ever spoke with my sister (she says she is on the boards a lot) her name is Sonally and here is her lookup info as well. Thank you so very much again for staying with me this long if you read the entire message, and again I apologize for it taking up so much room. I hope I didn't upset anyone or post in the wrong area. *hugs*

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1606440 (The Pet I was talking about)
https://www.sylestia.com/view/users/?userid=35902 (My sisters page)
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 7/1/2015 at 11:10 PM Post #14
@Trixiefae,

I read the whole message~
Indeed, your worries are correct about posting in the wrong area. A post in the FAQ(Newbie Friendly) forum will generally garner you a quicker reply. But that's a side note, and not as to why I am replying. Hoping instead I can help you sort out a few of your questions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Earning a Gift and Gold

Glad to have another generous person on the site! c: Always nice to see people like that join the community. As far as getting a gift for her goes, it 's going to be pretty difficult as a new player. How getting rich on Sylestia works is that as you progress through the game it becomes easier and easier to gain money and items.

There are roughly 3 (Possibly 4?) options.

(1) Play Jinxie's Jamboree until you get a good item. The game is designed so that you will slowly gain gold, not lose it. But that is not where the real value comes into play. Instead, when you light up all 3 staffs, you get to play a tiny "mini-prize-game" where the prizes can be worth up to 100k gold. (What you want would be either: Essence, Mutator, or Pet Dye) The game itself is a slot machine game, so it is pretty dull, but not a bad way to go in the beginning.

(2) Nurture pets for scales until you get 1k scales. If you go to your hatchery, to the left of the green button there should be a button that says "Help Nurture Sylestis" Each time you nurture a sylesti you get a scale. After you have enough scales you can go to the scale shop and buy something useful: Mutator, Pet Dye, or Philter of Amnesia. Don't buy the philters, they are worth practically nothing. This is a more safe route than the slot machine game in that you know what you are getting.

(3) Focusing on the game for now and pay her back somehow later. If you want to get her a nice gift, other than a mutator or pet dye (which are pretty nice imo), then best to wait till you've gotten farther.

Edit: (4) I am not sure what other site you are on, but you can do between site trading on here. I know people trade flight rising stuff. So that is also an option!

Caught Pet

As far as the pet goes, just release it. Any pet that has no visible traits and is caught normally, is worth 0 gold. The only exception I can think of is if the colors were particularly pretty, and even then, keeping it would just be out of personal preference. You can release a pet via the profile page. It will be more trouble than it's worth by keeping it.

As far as what pets are expensive goes, the main answer is Themed Pets and Fabled pets. These are special pets obtainable via festivals (which I tell more about below). Project pets, where people breed to get 6 visible pets with pretty color schemes can also be popular, but generally not even close to the same degree in terms of price as the former.

Buying Items || Wishlist Items

For buying items. The main way is via the Trade Broker, where you can buy items from other players. If you search for 'Type: "Avatar Outfit"' you can find what items are being sold.

Other methods include the above mentioned scale shop. As well as the diamond/avatar shop (bought with diamonds, the RL money currency. The avatar shop items are monthly items, i.e. after the month is over they are not going to be in the shop again with one exception.

During Black Friday, Sylestia does a sale where you can buy with diamonds old monthly items. While this is true, during the sale you can only buy the items in sets rather than individually. This means paying 800++ diamonds for the entire set, rather than 200 diamonds for that one item you really want. Do note though that you can trade gold for diamonds on the exchange, so with some effort you can work your way up to having diamonds.

The other main way of getting items is during festivals. There are 4 festivals a year: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. The serpent outfit and the sakura outfit were recently obtainable during the spring festival. You can see what items were obtainable during festivals by going to your wardrobe and seeing which items have the "sun" icon next to them. (If you hover over the icons, it will tell you what they mean)

Since the serpent outfit and the sakura outfit were recently obtainable, they are cheaper now than they will be in the future. That's bad news for trying to sell the serpent outfit. And unfortunately not the best news for the sakura outfit. As it will be a bit annoying to obtain enough gold to buy it while the price isn't too expensive. (You can view the current prices by going to the trade broker) Of course leveling through the storyline quickly and playing the slot machine game as well as nurturing will allow you to get it quite quickly. It's just that it takes a bit of mundane effort.

Lastly, in the wardrobe, for items such as hair etc. you can buy them with AP or diamonds. AP is obtainable by progressing through the storyline as well as battling monsters that are similar to your User Level found on your profile page.

Last Thoughts

If you have any other questions. I'd suggest reading through the starter guides in the FAQ forum. And then after that, Guides in the guide forum. Hope this helps!
Edited By Taptothebeat on 7/1/2015 at 11:22 PM.
Trixiefae
Level 60
Threads: 3
Posted: 7/1/2015 at 11:43 PM Post #15
Thank you so much love,

I really do appreciate it more than you know. Next time I will post on the board you mentioned in the beginning of your message. I also saved everything you sent in your message too for further reference in case I need it. I have been (and still currently play) on Neopets. I have been there almost 10 years and have been gifting and doing everything I can to help anyone and everyone no matter what :) I love it and I wouldn't have it any other way...so I am sure that's how it will be here as soon as I can save enough to do so...I only have 10k at the moment and so I know that's nothing in regards to what I need to have so I will just keep playing and keep exploring. Thank you again for your help and have a most beautiful evening.

Regards,
Trixie
Starmax
Level 73
Sylestiologist
Threads: 18
Posted: 7/2/2015 at 10:54 AM Post #16
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=26874&page=1#5
Author: Kaufee
Time Posted: 7/1/2015 at 4:37 PM
OMG. Rose Quartz...

I NEED IT.

Please tell me this is what I think it means :3c
My gay space rocks <3
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 7/2/2015 at 11:28 AM Post #17
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=26874&page=2#16
Author: Starmax
Time Posted: 7/2/2015 at 10:54 AM
[quote=463849]
Please tell me this is what I think it means :3c
My gay space rocks <3

i hope so too

pearl needs a low sodium diet
Celuwen
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 7/2/2015 at 12:33 PM Post #18
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=26874&page=1#4
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 7/1/2015 at 4:36 PM
[quote=463838]

Thanks for letting me know.

I fixed the issue and sent you a replacement box.

The staves in your inventory are marked as deleted so you can click the Trash Can icon to remove them from your Inventory.

Thank you ever so much for your help. :)
Unikitty
Level 60
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 6
Posted: 7/2/2015 at 1:27 PM Post #19
G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.!!!! My b-day month avatar choices really rock this year! I'm going to get the big bundle for sure! ~Nyan :3
DiamondWings
Level 14
Threads: 0
Posted: 7/2/2015 at 4:39 PM Post #20
I love them they are Absolutely GORGOUS<3<3<3 Great job!!!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.