Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Advantage of Magical Attacks?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 5/12/2015 at 1:41 PM Post #1
Perhaps this has already been addressed but what advantage does magical attacks pose over physical attacks?

Since there are no actual spells to use or elemental based magic attacks, or at least nothing to indicate such.
It just seems a bit odd to spend time training a pet in intelligence (used in magical attacks I suppose) then not really know whether or not this is actually a benefit over regular attacks.
Kosa
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 16
Posted: 5/12/2015 at 6:57 PM Post #2
I am not quite sure but I heard that there are some pets and monsters/bosses that are resistant toward physical damage/attacks. In this case it is useful to have a magical pet on hand in order to allow to make dent. Same goes in reverse.

Just so you know a common party build on the site is
a damage taker- tank
2 attackers- a physical and a magical one

This is supposed to help make battling easier and more stable. For particulars see various topics and guides around the forums.

EDIT- Also even if the above is wrong you will see that the proficiency system holds six builds 3 physical, 3 magic, each holding their own merits and if you train a pet in strength but than use a magic (intelligence
based build) your attacks from the build will be weak, causing very little damage.

You can always ask me for more information either here of through pm.
Edited By Kosa on 5/12/2015 at 7:05 PM.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 5/12/2015 at 7:17 PM Post #3
So basically you are saying that proficiency points are more important than the points spent from level ups?

What if one balanced them out so some proficiencies are in both strength (Attacks) and Intelligence (Magic).

I guess what I am trying to do is create a strong team, I have a tank but I need it to be strong too to help out at least my one pet that will be doing physical based attacks because the undead in Enigmatic Grotto, for example, are a real bear to beat and I am finding that even potions/elixirs are useless as they are used at the same time that enemies attack, negating the effects of healing so then one wastes mana to make up for the healing effects that were simultaneously taken away during an attack.

But I am going to see what I can do though
Kosa
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 16
Posted: 5/12/2015 at 8:03 PM Post #4
No both types of points are important since level ups increase your stats which makes a stronger pet and the prof tree layers on top of it. Also prof points in a specific build unlock the attacks in that build. 5 points unlock one attack. Splitting points between two builds is not a good thing for than you wouldn't have enough points to unlock all the attacks of that build. As for making stronger pets this is what I do with my own.

Tank
Level ups 1/2 or 3/4 in Health 1/2 or 3/4 in agility (not sure which divide is better)
All prof points go into the heart Icon and when you cannot put there anymore put wherever in your build

Attacker (remember one str one in int)
Level up 1/2 in their power stat strength or intelligence and 1/2 in health
Prof put all points in power stat icon and where there is no more space put wherever though I put it in health.

Hope this gibberish makes sense. Also don't forget to choose gear according to your pet's stats
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 5/12/2015 at 8:15 PM Post #5
It's not gibberish at all. I just want a strong team and for beating the undead team in Enigmatic Grotto ( the team with the high level arch mage) magic attacks don't seem to do much which is why I am trying to build separate pets stats so I have a back up fighter in case magic attacks don't work and vice versa.

Thanks for your input. :)
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 5/20/2015 at 7:41 PM Post #6
First of all, only do strength and physical damage or intelligence and magical damage on a specific pet. They can only do one type of attack and I think it's whichever the pet has the strongest stats in. So it'd be a waste to use say a relic split between magical damage and physical damage. Or to favor intelligence and strength equally in one pet.

You shouldn't be having too much trouble using a magic team over a physical. But this could be related to gear reasons as well as builds. Different proficiency trees need different types of gear. It is true that physical or magical would be better for some situations but I just can't imagine it being such a strong factor that you wouldn't be able to use a magic based team.

This is a rough guide for gearing pets.

magical damage tank - int/agi - illusionist gear with magical damage only relic
physical damage tank - str/agi - assassin gear with physical damage only relic
magical glass cannon - int/dex - evoker gear with magical damage only relic
physical glass cannon - str/dex - myrmidon gear with physical damage only relic

There's some gear that's basically these sets but different names. You'll find these as special gear you can buy from towns if you've got the reputation or the mythic grade gear. But for tanks you want gear that's high in agility to increase mitigation, and for glass cannon gear high in dexterity to increase crit. Then it's just going with intelligence or strength as the other high stat on the gear depending on the type of damage they do with their attacks.

Personally, I've found a very strong team combo to be a shadow tank, fire glass cannon, and light glass cannon. There's a couple fights you don't want to take a fire pet to in the game but shadow and light work very well for me and I use them as my team core. (I replace the fire with air for certain fights.) The shadow tank via focus gets healed slightly here and there. I have my light pet set up for healing each attack she does. Fire is useful for multi-target damage. She's set up for hitting all three targets at once.
That said, the game is really flexible as far as team builds/proficiencies go to at least some extent. It's kinda surprising what all works and different people have succeeded with different types. It's mostly about finding something that works for you and so long as you don't die something must be working.

I just had to chime in though that magical pets can be very effective. I've never died with my current main team. And my shadow tank has a perfect battle record of 83,301-0.

I should also mention the way my team is set up if you're ever interested. My shadow tank is an agility build shadow tank with most of her proficiency points in agility with a couple in abilities and then her stat points are all in health. My light pet and fire pet are both set up basically the same. Five proficiency points into health for survivability and then into abilities so I get more continuous heals and the three target attack for the fire. An agility build shadow tank however might be easiest to use when higher level since the health will be lower than a health build tank.

If you're wanting to do all strength though I would suggest trying out a water for tanking and air is currently the strongest single target damage pet.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.