Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Everlost
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 116
Posted: 4/10/2013 at 7:02 AM Post #1
Hello one and all!

I'm Everlost. Me, Savynn, and Runia have concocted a little idea. We were thinking of creating a kind of Holiday Pet Registry/Stud list. You could message us with a form filled out for one of your Holiday Pets and we would add it to the List. Others could contact you to ask for breeding.

We want to do this because some people, like Savynn, have many Holiday Pets and want to stud them for 1g, but they are afraid of others breeding with their pets and then selling the offspring for big bucks. But, they don't want to hoard all their Holiday's from players who really need them.

Input anyone?
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 4/10/2013 at 11:20 AM Post #2
What I'm also hoping that this registry will do is make it easier for people in general to find pets they want for breeding.

I'm trying to think of what all I think would be good to have on the registry. A link to the pet, shown trait(s), carried trait(s), owner?, gender, price.

For the price it should either say if it's directly available for breeding whatever the price is but if not perhaps something like "available upon request 1 gold" or whatever the price is.

If I recall Ruinia brought up the idea of breaking the project into different registries by holiday.

And yes, all of my holiday pets are available upon request for 1 gold if not currently in use. The "not currently in use" I guess really only applies to the females.
Ruinia
Level 60
Threads: 22
Posted: 4/10/2013 at 11:54 AM Post #3
Yep, I may not have many pets available, since I only keep the epic pets I really like. But I will probably mutate all of epic pets that I have now, there are already 2 mutated males though.

I will also have the females ready much later, since currently I'm saving up gold to buy the last jester outfit collection! And I can't use real money atm, I'm saving up for a new computer! (Yay me! OUO)

But tbh, I'm a bit confused about my own pets, since most of them are going to be 3-vis and that's arguably still very valuable by now, should I just let them breed to people that asked? Or limit them? I'm worried that I might devalue some of very valuable 3-vis holiday pets! DX

That's also the reason why I stopped my 3-vis faelora breeding! OuO

I think the registry also looked nice if we could sort them by holiday, maybe start from December? Which means last Christmas event Qitaris. Then after holiday, the next criteria would be the species, then gender. I think traits whether it's carried nor visible is going to be a bit difficult to sort.

Maybe like this?

Valentine
Chocolate Bulboris
Chocolate Fudge (Price)
Mutation One: Pixie Dust (V)
Mutation Two: Butterfly Wings (V)
Mutation Three: Ornate Armor (V)

Chocolate Fudge (Price)

Chocolate Fudge (Price)

Just an example though, it still looked bloody messy!!! DX
Bunni
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/10/2013 at 12:21 PM Post #4
This is an EXCELLENT idea! I have many holiday event pets I would be willing to list up as well (bet you can't guess what most of them are!) and that includes some epic males!
Tiggzhq
Level 60
Threads: 8
Posted: 4/10/2013 at 1:20 PM Post #5
This is a great idea. :3 I think the hardest part is organizing it all. Dx

The way I do my breeding list is Visible Traits and Carried Traits. So it looks something like:
Easter Bunny Advanced Runes + Pixie Dust

Maybe add (m) or (f) after it's name and the price after the traits? Something like:
Easter Bunny (m) Advanced Runes + Pixie Dust (Contact Tiggzhq for price)

It saves a bit of room, too. Then you have to worry about people wanting to change and edit what they have. Do we always have to contact the original poster when we change something? What if they fail to exist here in Sylestia?

So one could suggest we have individuals do their own. Then that opens up some new possibilities and holds a lot more problems. You can edit your own list of Holiday Pets and not bother the OP. Plus, it will show that you are the owner of these pets you've listed. But, what if someone double posts? Do we prefer if one formats or can they do their own thing? Do we enforce formatting? How do we enforce formatting?

Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 4/10/2013 at 1:33 PM Post #6
@Tiggzhq,

Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/5/2024 at 12:17:09pm

This is a great idea. :3 I think the hardest part is organizing it all. Dx

The way I do my breeding list is Visible Traits and Carried Traits. So it looks something like:
Easter Bunny Advanced Runes + Pixie Dust

Maybe add (m) or (f) after it's name and the price after the traits? Something like:
Easter Bunny (m) Advanced Runes + Pixie Dust (Contact Tiggzhq for price)

It saves a bit of room, too. Then you have to worry about people wanting to change and edit what they have. Do we always have to contact the original poster when we change something? What if they fail to exist here in Sylestia?

So one could suggest we have individuals do their own. Then that opens up some new possibilities and holds a lot more problems. You can edit your own list of Holiday Pets and not bother the OP. Plus, it will show that you are the owner of these pets you've listed. But, what if someone double posts? Do we prefer if one formats or can they do their own thing? Do we enforce formatting? How do we enforce formatting?

I personally really like your idea for how to organize it. And yes, you brought up a point we've been pondering as well. If we can have it editable by everyone or at least by some people it would make it much easier to keep up with and reduce the work load for those overlooking the project. I think @Everlost, brought up using something called Webs? Krin also suggested to me the possibility of seeing if we can use Rose's wiki in some way to help. I haven't brought this up to @Rose, yet though. I was going to ask in either pm or on her wiki thread about it but since it's been brought up here. I don't really know what the best option is myself except I agree a list editable by more than one person would be great. I do recall on another game I was a member of a clan that had an offsite list everyone could edit to show what they needed. I think it was in a database format if I recall.
Ruinia
Level 60
Threads: 22
Posted: 4/10/2013 at 1:43 PM Post #7
Ohh! That format looked a lot better! I also agree on each user tend to their own thread! But maybe for the time being we could use 1 master list to all players who are willing to breed their seasonal pets, that master list will link to each user maintained thread. How about google spreadsheet? Or something else I forgot, we can edit that database,it looks unappealing but it might work for the time being. o:

I haven't touched the wiki yet, though I did said I want to try it out a few days ago! Sorry... I'm a bit loaded with work so I can only play and work for now! DX
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Posted: 4/10/2013 at 2:20 PM Post #8
@Ruinia,
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/5/2024 at 12:17:09pm

Ohh! That format looked a lot better! I also agree on each user tend to their own thread! But maybe for the time being we could use 1 master list to all players who are willing to breed their seasonal pets, that master list will link to each user maintained thread. How about google spreadsheet? Or something else I forgot, we can edit that database,it looks unappealing but it might work for the time being. o:

I haven't touched the wiki yet, though I did said I want to try it out a few days ago! Sorry... I'm a bit loaded with work so I can only play and work for now! DX

Same here regarding the wiki. I need to see about working on both it and also my own guide project. I admit I've been devoting a bit of time though to this project to help get it off the ground.

I think I would like to see a master list myself. That way if I want to try to find a specific Spring Festival Qitari, instead of looking at various threads, I could compare everything with that trait side by side and get a better idea of what would work best. But if everything has to be divided into different threads I suppose I could live with that.
Tiggzhq
Level 60
Threads: 8
Posted: 4/10/2013 at 2:39 PM Post #9
What about different types of lists then? Maybe have it sorted based on Holiday, or gene or mutation, or price, or even by color or pick a range of color?

I've tried using wiki before (editing and things) and just managed to confuse myself. Perhaps I was just tired? But I haven't been back to editing one since. Ah! What about posting in a thread (perhaps the master list?) with ones breeding changes to have another (perhaps one of the designated admins) post to the wiki (or database)? Y'know, for those of us that are afraid to mess up the wiki.
Bella1988
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 78
Posted: 4/10/2013 at 2:49 PM Post #10
What if it's different threads, but under the same heading?

For example, right now this thread "Breeding List Discussion" is under the heading "General Discussion". We would need to get Krin and Fai's help for setting the heading up, but once we do, we could have a thread for each species listed the way Tig (I think it was Tig...) suggested.

I don't think images should be included, since they would make it look too cluttered, though maybe state the primary colors of the pet (e.g. a valentine bulbori would be white and pink) along with the pet name and carried/vis traits

Or maybe we could ask Krin if he could add a segment to the pet search that allows for the option of "breeding upon request", instead of just "yes" or "no" to breeding.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.