Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > ***Group Discussions*** Anyone intereste...
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Monteraecrusoe
Level 60
Threads: 6
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 12:35 AM Post #21
I would love to join in on this discussion.

As a newbie some of these things (read: a lot) were so unsaid/not talked about that I bumbled about for weeks no knowing what to do. Even now I stumble across things I don't understand and am afraid of asking.

A group discussion leading to FAQ posts would be absolutely wonderful.
Kittenroar
Level 60
Threads: 30
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 2:47 AM Post #22
I would love to be a part of this, There are still a few things I don't understand what baffles me still especially the pet pricing. I also have picked up on a few things snooping around on forums so I can be of some help :) also I'm very active on here so that's another plus.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 2:52 AM Post #23
Yay! :)

So far, I wrote out a basic outline to post for the new discussion thread.
The questions in the link are for community etiquette, but I can make up some ones for pet pricing as well. (Seems like those two are more likely to be tackled first.)

If anyone has comments to make on the basic outline (I'll add in coding later to size and emphasize different parts), or discussion questions to add, lemme know. c:
Uranium
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 40
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 4:38 AM Post #24
I would like to join this disgussion, please. (even though i will probably be mostly lurking)
Monteraecrusoe
Level 60
Threads: 6
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 9:25 AM Post #25
I think the question about posting sale advertisements in regional chat is an excellent one, but that there should also be a point to discuss auction/sales posts in the forums. Most of the rules posted in the forums themselves cover auctions (start/end times, min/max bids) and don't cover things like permanent sales posts, specifics on bumping, managing your own post. I for one have definitely seen examples of individuals posting sales posts and using them like physical posters, explicitly forbidding discussion or bargaining in the post.

And then I see the opposite, people looking for offers while not offering an actual auction. There could definitely be discussion about personal post managing and etiquette regarding that. And the question of when slash if it's okay to close one post and open another. How to handle duplicate posts.

This could also interject with the question of etiquette and reporting violaters in the forums.

(sorry for the spam)

Also I think the discussion points you have so far are very good and the rules regarding discussing them are very respectful and keep the topics open to debate.

I would love to see other people offer more topic ideas :)
GryffonJoieaux
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 25
Posted: 3/31/2015 at 10:11 AM Post #26
There are a couple things I'd like clarified as far as pet buying and selling go, actually. You know, if no one minds. :)

Like when is it okay, if ever, to re-dye or use a mutator (only on tamed, I know) on pets bought from others, especially someone else's breeding projects. I'm really hesitant to even think about it because I don't want to make anyone angry at me for changing what was once theirs.

Also, is there any releasing ettiquette? Not just on bought pets, but on pets in general. I mean, I know adopting or purchasing only to release immediately is definitely a no-no, but does that mean never relase? Or that I have to rehome them? And if it's a pet I tamed myself, is it okay to release that?

Sorry if this isn't something you were wanting to discuss right away or anything. I'm just curious and/or concerned about this sort of thing.
ColonelHazard
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/5/2015 at 6:58 AM Post #27
Oh, I missed this when it was first posted, but count me in! I think there are still some things on that list that I'm unsure of, and I've been an active member for over 6 months now. This is definitely a great idea, and I would be interested to see what others have to say about the topics.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 4/6/2015 at 2:44 AM Post #28
Sounds good.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 4/6/2015 at 11:42 AM Post #29
Sorry for late/no reply. ;w; Found time to reply now.

For your first two paragraphs (rules/specifics in forums), I wanted to have forum specifics as its own discussion. ;w; Good points though! I'll refer back to your post when we reach that point.

I know it interjects with etiquette, which is why I had to think about it, but I think I wanted to take an approach towards chatroom public etiquette. I really want to get to forum etiquette so more things can get cleared up.

Thank you very much for the ideas!
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 4/7/2015 at 3:38 AM Post #30
Those are all valid points for topics about pets, I'd love to include those in future discussions! O:

It's okay to be curious about it. I hope we can reach those topics soon, I'd really love to get those questions answered. ;w;
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.021 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.