Players 2,284 415
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,295,660 1,945
Generated 659,180 245
Captured 1,198,845 450
Bred 6,437,540 1,250
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > My Birthday Contest--Themed Egg Hunt!
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 53, 54, 55 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 675
Posted: 3/6/2015 at 12:57 AM Post #1
March 9th is my birthday! In Sylestia, most people give gifts on their birthdays. I'm going to run a Themed egg hunt! Ping me if you'd like to be on the ping list. While anyone can start playing after the game begins on March 9th, being on the ping list will give those players a head start. Also, PM me if you have questions about how the contest works or about the rules.

How it works
I'm going to post images of the eggs' parents in this thread. Just before the contest starts, I'll hide images of their eggs all around the site. They could be anywhere--even in a Hatchery. (Needless to say, I have some helpers for this part!)

When the contest begins on March 9th, I will randomize the ping list and ping Person 1. Person 1 posts a yes/no question about the location of an egg or eggs and pings me. It must be a yes/no question. If you ask a question that can't be answered truthfully with "yes" or "no," you forfeit your question. Not being mean, I just want things to move quickly.

Anyhow, I will answer the question and ping Person 2, who gets to ask a question, and so on. People who start playing during the contest must begin at the bottom of the ping list, but there are no other disadvantages.

Rules
For each egg, the first player asking--when it is their turn--"Is Egg # located at__________________?" and receiving the answer "Yes!" wins that egg! Each player can win only one egg.

The contest continues until all Prize Eggs are given away. I will then raffle off a few consolation prizes to those who didn't win.

Please note that when you ask your question, and I answer, everyone can see it. While I will always answer truthfully, players who are trying to mislead everyone else may ask misleading questions! It is also okay to ask a question when you already know the answer. In other words, there's a bit of strategy in this game! You want to ask questions that will let you locate the egg you want without giving away information that will let somebody else find it first.

Some people know how to get information out of the source code for an image. If you want to try that with the images...go right ahead. :) You can also use the Lineage feature. :D

Remember--

1. When it's your turn, write only one question--a question that can be answered "yes" or "no"--and ping me. A question like "How many images of eggs are there?" doesn't get an answer, yet you've used up your question, and it's the next person's turn. Also, don't edit your question.

2. Don't ask me a question on this forum unless it's your turn. If you think something isn't clear, or you don't understand a rule, PM me. I'll post the explanation or answer here.

3. If a player doesn't answer within 24 hours of me pinging them, play passes to the next player. Post #30 on this thread shows the player sequence. The name of the person whose turn it is will be bold and underlined.

4. You can work together if you want to...but the only person in this game who MUST tell the truth is me. Other players here, and people not playing the game, are free to ignore you, to lie outrageously, and so on. Whom can you trust? ;)

5. To finally win a Prize Egg, you must ask a question that gives (1) which egg you've found, (2) what page you found it on, and (3) where on the page it is.

Example: "Is the third egg in the row of eggs on Krinadon's About Me, at the very bottom right corner, the Piranha Kelpari egg?"
If the answer is yes, the egg is yours!
Example: "Is the Bulbori egg in Faiona's Hatchery?"
Well, I would answer that question, but unless Faiona has only one egg in her Hatchery, a yes answer here doesn't win the egg, because this guesser didn't say which egg in Faiona's Hatchery. (And the very next player is probably going to ask a question that does specify which egg, and win that egg, because the previous guesser gave the location away but wasn't specific enough.)

6. A Prize Egg may be an actual egg sitting in some Hatchery, or it may be an image of an egg, placed somewhere on the site. Both types are Prize Eggs. There are also a lot of eggs of both types that are not Prize Eggs at all! However, once the game begins, eggs stay put; no one will shift them around.

7. Be nice to each other.

8. Have fun!

Edited to clarify the rules.
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 3/21/2015 at 1:14 AM.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/6/2015 at 12:57 AM Post #2
First set of parents--the parents of the Gladiolus Lunemara egg! FOUND

Esteem and Chalice

Prize Egg won by Aliciahou!

Second set--the parents of the Star Gazer Nephini egg! FOUND

Alakai and Yuehua Ma
Prize Egg won by Watercolors!

Third set--the parents of the Star-crossed Griffi egg! FOUND

Un-named and Calli

Prize Eggs won by Aze and Zekotan!

Fourth set--the parents of the Cerulean Zolnixi egg! FOUND

Celadon Blue and Bondi Blue

Prize Egg won by Cherryblossom19876!

Fifth set--the parents of the Sunrise Ryori egg! FOUND

Siolad and Alayah
Prize Egg won by Rikone!

Sixth set--the parents of the Tyrielle's Minion Sylvorpa!

Ahuizotl and Ceasg
Prize Egg won by Lhluvsathena!

Seventh and final set of parents--the parents of the Cherry Cordial Lighira egg! FOUND

Silin and Kirsikka
Prize Egg won by Sunstonephoenix!
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 5/14/2015 at 11:50 PM.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/6/2015 at 12:57 AM Post #3
Ping list: Fruitfly137, Demonsshadow, Rabbitaka, Kitsunegail, Wildcat2704, FireBreath, Edmewolf, BeingWeirdisCool77, Mewzzer, Sugarcube, Aze, Funcatz48, Sunstonephoenix, Fife, Kestral, Watercolors, Cooldude356, Aliciahou, Rikone, DragoriBat, Suzume, AcaciaJoy, Kazbang, Lhluvsathena, Monteraecrusoe, Timelapse, Cherryblossom19876, Mistenbelle

The sequence of play is on Post 30 of this thread, which also shows whose turn it is to ask a question.
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 3/17/2015 at 7:08 PM.
Fruitfly137
Level 58
Threads: 7
Posted: 3/6/2015 at 6:31 AM Post #4
Can anyone join? if so, I would like to. Ping list please.
Edited By Fruitfly137 on 3/6/2015 at 8:59 AM.
Rabbitaka
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 71
Posted: 3/6/2015 at 7:38 AM Post #5
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! XD

I'd love to join your game! Could i be added to the ping list please? :3

Thank so much for doing this!
DemonsShadow
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 8
Posted: 3/6/2015 at 8:12 AM Post #6
IThis sounds like an awesome egg hunt lol. Could I be added to the ping list please? Hope you have a very happy birthday. x3
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/7/2015 at 11:26 PM Post #7
First set of parents posted. Pinging the ping list plus some friends.

Note to my friends, if you want to hunt eggs, ping me. If you don't, but would be willing to help with this contest, please PM me. Thanx!
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/8/2015 at 5:18 AM Post #8
Second set of parents posted, and pinging a few more friends. Look up please. :)
Wildcat2704
Level 60
Threads: 15
Posted: 3/8/2015 at 7:16 AM Post #9
can I join and be on the ping list please? Oh, and happy 1 day early birthday!
Edited By Wildcat2704 on 3/8/2015 at 7:17 AM.
Kitsunegail
Level 54
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/8/2015 at 9:15 AM Post #10
Happy birthday. May I be added to your ping list? :)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 53, 54, 55
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.