Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2/21/15 - Design an Avatar Outfit for th...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 2/21/2015 at 4:36 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests once again for the Spring Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design an Avatar Outfit for the Spring Festival. Please use the following bases to draw your avatar items on.

Male Avatar Base

Female Avatar Base

The following can be included all in one entry for avatars:

1 Avatar Outfit
1 Avatar Wings
1 Avatar Back Item
1 Avatar Held Item
1 Avatar Head Item

2. You must draw the items on the avatar base. In case your drawing skills aren't great then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your avatar items. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. Avatar Items submitted must be Spring Themed. So anything to do with the Spring season, this includes any holidays that fall in the Spring season, spring weather etc.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different.

6. You may only submit ONE official entry. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your avatar item ideas. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

7. The end date is March 7th 2015 at 12AM server, after that the thread will be locked.

Note

I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as reference.Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! :)

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 2/21/2015 at 4:37 PM Post #2
Omigosh yes! :D
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 2/21/2015 at 7:31 PM Post #3
So I can't do pics, but here's the link!

http://babaaeyes.deviantart.com/art/Avatar-Item-Submission-Spring-Fest-2015-515634216?ga_submit_new=10%253A1424568534

What this is (just in case you can't read my messy handwriting XD)
Flower Hat
Garbs of the Forest Guardian
Staff of Falling Petals
Wings of the Petal Fairy

And I didn't include the back item because it was so cluttered, but Falling Petals as a background.

Edit: Since I don't think those are the best drawings, I have some stuff to better envision some of it:

Garbs of the Forest Guardian: I was thinking the outfit sorta look like a tree, and for the female flowers around all the vines, I just got lazy XD

Staff of Falling Petals: A leaf-shaped top, hopefully curved (I am horrible at drawing avatar stuff lol) and petals falling from it underneath

Wings of the Petal Fairy: Fairy-like wings with petal designs and petals falling from underneath

Falling Petals: Petals falling all around the user (kinda like on the wings and staff)

I know this wasn't a complete outfit, but they were kinda the things I liked :D
Edited By PurpleStarlightWolf on 2/21/2015 at 7:37 PM.
Xiena
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 7
Posted: 2/21/2015 at 9:54 PM Post #4
I have so far only the ladies dress done but the male outfit is not as strong.
Some how though I used the base between illustrator and photoshop it was made large

But here it is

Redacact
Level 66
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 35
Posted: 2/22/2015 at 1:13 AM Post #5
Any skills I have non-digitally all poof when I get on my laptop >.> But anyways, can you edit your posts when you add more things like backs, wings, and helds? Or when you finish one gender base, then the other? :) I just dont want to spam this thread but Im eager to post my outfit design and hope that I get inspiration later in the day.. or *checks clock* night.
Cherryblossom19876
Level 70
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 36
Posted: 2/22/2015 at 2:29 AM Post #6

Okay...my art skills are not good. XD This draws inspiration from the birds that we see in the spring, that grace us with their lovely birdsong. And also...because I love birds/wings/feathers. XD

Everything is color coded: colored in green is the outfit, red is the wings, purple is the back, orange/yellow is the held, and blue is the head.

Head: Helm of the Spring Songbird
Held: Staff of the Spring Songbird
Outfit: Robes of the Spring Songbird
Wings: Wings of the Spring Songbird
Back: Falling Feathers

The 'Spring' is optional, doesn't NEED to be included in the name.

Er...the following is my ideas on the outfits, and includes what they're supposed to be made of and also some ideas for the coloring (I know it's not really my place to put them out there, but I just had to put them somewhere!). They don't need to be followed, they're just what I had in mind when creating the outfits.

For the head, it's supposed to kind of look like a blue jay head, with the feathers going up a bit at the top, like in this image: (I hope photos are allowed to be referenced in the items? For the record, I didn't use any images while drawing: this picture, and the ones that will follow, are used only to help show what I had in mind).

For the held, it's supposed to look like a cage on a long staff. However, I couldn't bear to put the bird inside the cage (because caged birds cannot fly :c ) so it's outside the cage, flying in front of the arm holding the staff (I tried to draw the wings 'in flight', obviously that did not end well...). I was thinking (unless the held won't be recolorable) for maybe the bird and staff part to be color one and the cage will be color two? Or the staff and cage to be one color (although that may look slightly repetitive) and the bird to be color two? Or have the cage fixed at either gold or silver, and the staff is color one and the bird is color two? Or even if part of the held could draw from other colors put in-for example, it could draw from the arm colors?

For the female outfit, the skirt portion is supposed to be made out of 2 gigantic feathers. XD The bodice is made out of a bunch of tiny feathers (I tried to show that by dotting with the darker green). The necklace/choker and armbands are part of the outfit, and I thought they would be made out of, again, feathers. If it will be recolorable, I was thinking the dark green in the picture (the feathers on the bodice) would be top 2, and then the quill of the two feathers, the armbands/choker, plus the 'empty' space outside the feather would be top 1. The bottom of the dress (at the top of the feathers) would be bottom 2, and right above that would be bottom 1 (the middle portion of the dress).

For the female outfit, it's supposed to kind of look like a hula skirt. XD Only made out of feathers. As with the female outfit, the collar and armbands are made of feathers. The top 1 would be the color of the choker, and top 1 the color of the armbands. The band of the skirt and quills of the feathers are bottom 2, and the actual feathers are bottom 1. Then, the feather shin guard things use the feet colors.

The wings are kind of self explanatory...they are bird wings. I know there are already the Seraph wings, the Snow Swan wings, the Angelic wings, the Gladiator's wings, the heart wings, the Wings of the Valkyrie, the Underworld wings, the Avenger's wings, the Cherub wings, the Cloud explorer wings, etc. that look like bird wings, but there aren't any that are actually like a birds wings. The wings aren't fully like a songbirds wings (they're not elliptical enough) but yeah. Color 1 would be most of the wings, and then color 2 would be the tips (which I drew out), stripes on the wings (which are drawn in peach) and then the stripe across the wing. I was partly inspired by the Cerulean Warbler's wings but once again, I didn't use any pictures while drawing.

The back...is also pretty self explanatory. They are falling feathers. I was originally thinking about a few feathers falling in the air, and then a blanket of feathers on the ground, but I'm not sure if that would be feasible...anyways, that's what the few feathers at the bottom of the drawings are.

If I want to edit this-say, if I'm able to improve the quality of the drawings, or add a few more points to clarify what my idea is, is that allowed? Or is there no editing of posts?

Also...ignore the faces. XD They're just something I drew to amuse myself, but I accidentally drew them on the base o.o so I can't erase them without erasing the face.

Sorry for this gigantic block of text. XD
Charzarddragon819
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 69
Posted: 2/22/2015 at 2:47 AM Post #7
Spring Green Amphithere

Lineart:

Color? XD

Ugh I know its really bad but I tried my best. I was going for a feathered, legless, armless dragon type thing. If you don't know what an amphithere is anyhow(just search it on google :3 ). Feathers and birds make me think spring, especially things getting green and colorful again. The colors are supposed to be green and light green, with accents on longer feathers and body as yellow and red. I didn't add a female lineart because it is exactly the same but with a bigger chest and hips. The body is the arms and torso parts; not including the tail! The tail would be a back item. There are scales on the face, arms, hands, top of the wings, and arms of the wings, as well as the tail.

Head: Spring Green Amphithere Head-piece
Wings: Spring Green Amphithere Wings
Back: Spring Green Amphithere Tail
Outfit: Spring Green Amphithere Torso
Edited By Charzarddragon819 on 2/22/2015 at 2:55 AM.
Redacact
Level 66
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 35
Posted: 2/22/2015 at 6:34 AM Post #8
Female Image [Outfit, Head]
I.. uh.. *stares at white border* wat. Ohh.. okaies! Anywhom, the outfit is blue currently but can be messed with.. Shading, proper 'wrinkles' and the works will help it's image greatly. I struggle with creativity a LOT, so sawwwy :] It's based on nymph-ish people and sprite-ish thingies. But yes, that, and the head is a simple ribbon-bow :p I'm struggling for the male because transferring things from program to site is messing thing up..

Male Base [Outfit]

Do you see me get lazy and tired? Dang, It's TERRIBLE ;w;. Okayy, but thats it. Making it more man-like, and more like a robe than a dress is in order. Im probably going to go in and change this it's the worst thing I have ever drawn o_o
Edited By Redacact on 2/22/2015 at 6:54 AM.
Fctref
Level 60
Threads: 1
Posted: 2/22/2015 at 6:41 AM Post #9
your idea is so cool!!!!!!!!!
Fctref
Level 60
Threads: 1
Posted: 2/22/2015 at 6:41 AM Post #10
woah! how did u do that!!!!!!!!!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.