Page 1 1, 2, 3... 21, 22, 23 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/8/2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1

We are excited to announce that later tonight (hopefully) the Sylvorpa revamp will be going live. With the release of the new artwork, many of its traits have been moved around. As stated in our earlier announcement post, this was unfortunately necessary so that their traits could all flow with each other for their designated slots rather than just be chaotic all over the place. And, in our opinions, the changes work out really well.

Now, obviously, the changes are going to affect a lot of Sylvorpas. In the past, we would offer manual trait change for Starters or Generated pets. However, with the amount of pets affected by this revamp, that would be entirely impossible to manage.

Upon further thinking, we've decided to lift some of the restrictions for this and will instead do the following:

1. All Sylvorpas will have all of their traits removed. The server will catalog what each Sylvorpa lost for later reallocation.

2. When the Site's available, you can visit your Sylvorpa's profile and a box will pop up. It will say something like, "This pet is able to allocate 2 Visible Traits and 1 Carried Trait". You can then select new traits wherever you want for the missing traits. In order words, you will be able to completely redesign the traits of all Sylvorpas. You will still not be allowed to choose the new traits though.

3. For colors, we will allow the same unrestricted system, but only for Starter pets and Generated pets. For each trait lost, you will be able to dye an unrestricted trait. Again, Starter Pets will receive Lesser Pet Dye accuracy, Generated Pets will receive Greater Pet Dye accuracy.

And no, using this feature will not add Mutated or Dyed tags to pets.

Below are the new trait slots for the Sylvorpa:

Gene One
A - Blackcap Jawfish
B - Majestic
C - Mantis Shrimp
D - Luminous Gecko
E - Lionfish
F - Seashell
G - Picasso Triggerfish
H - Blue Tang
I - Mandarinfish
J - Spotted Drum
K - Fiddler Ray
L - Water Tiger
M - Leaf Veins
O - Henna
P - Poison Dart
Q - Koi
R - Clownfish
S - Clown Triggerfish
T - Water Sprite
U - Spark Stripes

Gene Two
A - Henna
B - Poison Dart
C - Koi
D - Clownfish
E - Clown Triggerfish
F - Water Sprite
G - Spark Stripes
H - Underbelly Fade
I - Achilles Tang
J - Foxface Rabbitfish
K - Blue Ringed Octopus

Gene Three
A - Rippling Runes
B - Lucky Runes
C - Pollen Markings
D - Iridescence
E - Tidal Runes

Mutation One
A - Body Webbing
B - Sharp Webbing
C - Petal Fins
D - Bio-luminescent Spines
E - Lionfish Spikes
F - Seashells
G - Naga Armor
H - Leafy Seadragon Fins
I - Sea Fur
J - Mystic Fins

Mutation Two
A - Dragonfly Wings
B - Splash Wings
C - Bio-luminescent Wings
D - Webbed Wings

Mutation Three
A - Fanned Head Fins
B - Angler Lights
C - Naga Helmet
D - Spooky Fog
E - Leafy Seadragon Head Fins
F - Mystic Head Fins

Edit with more Information:

Some final notes about the Re-Generation:

1. The feature is pretty bandaid-put together lol. I basically took my code for the new Generator and rerouted some things so it worked as a "Re-Generator". Although, compared to our current Generator, it will probably look and feel amazing lol.

2. I unfortunately was not able to add the ability to choose a hidden carry. I apologize for the pets that will lose their hidden carries. Sadly, sometimes things must be sacrificed to move forward and this is just one of those things. It would take me a few extra days to code in some sort of method to allow that and we don't want to push the Sylvorpa back any further at this time. In my opinion though, the revamp itself, the new traits, and the improvements to old traits will more than make up for the fact that hidden carries were lost.

3. "How will I Re-Generate my Sylvorpas?" Simply visit their profile after the revamp and there will be a "Re-Generate" button available. Click that and you will be redirected to the Re-Generator where you can then select its new look. Once you've finalized the look, click the green button and viola; enjoy your Sylvorpa's new look!

4. Sylvorpas awaiting a Re-Generation will be unable to affected by any type of Philter. This is to avoid possible conflictions and is the easiest solution.

5. Sylvorpas awaiting a Re-Generation will have some sort of marker on their profile indicating such. This marker will be available to all players. This will allow the information of a pending Re-Generation public knowledge for those looking to sell un-Re-Generated pets. I hope that wasn't confusing lol.
Edited By Krinadon on 2/18/2015 at 1:52 AM.
Mewzzer
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 134
Posted: 2/8/2015 at 5:16 PM Post #2
awesome! Thanks Krin!
Deathdust
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 120
Posted: 2/8/2015 at 5:17 PM Post #3
I'm excited!
Eurydice
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 55
Posted: 2/8/2015 at 5:18 PM Post #4
This is so cool :D I gotta go catch some vorpa now XD just kidding
Vane55a
Level 60
Threads: 11
Posted: 2/8/2015 at 5:19 PM Post #5
Im sooo excited XD
Rikone
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 6
Posted: 2/8/2015 at 5:21 PM Post #6
Sweet! I am so excited! owO!
Crazykidus
Level 14
Threads: 0
Posted: 2/8/2015 at 5:22 PM Post #7
So excited...
Entr0py
Level 75
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 178
Posted: 2/8/2015 at 5:23 PM Post #8
has the downtime happened yet?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/8/2015 at 5:23 PM Post #9
Exciting, and kind of scary... (even though Munir should be unaffected save for his shape changing)
but why, on the lists, are Gene One traits O-U the same as Gene Two traits A-G? That seems slightly odd?
Hdawg
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 23
Posted: 2/8/2015 at 5:26 PM Post #10
this only makes me more nervous :/
i guess now would be a good a time as any to figure out how to use pet dyes....and to actually get some...
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 21, 22, 23
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.