Forum Index > News and Announcements > 1/13/2015 - Qitari Revamp Released
Page 12 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 1/18/2015 at 8:30 AM Post #111
"(One possible fix could be to have wings secondary color to be tied to the scale color or something)"

That.. doesn't really make any sense. You think the runes on the demon wings should be the scale color? The runes are already sitting on the scale color. The tines of the demon wing are the scale color. If the runes were also that color, you're actually suggesting 'Please make the runes invisible' with this.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 1/18/2015 at 10:42 AM Post #112
Just want to comment on a few things that people have said...

For the Quagga gene not going on the hair/scales anymore...genes do not work that way anymore on the Qitari. Before it didn't matter if genes just went all over the pet because there was no separate body layers, but now the Qitari is broken up in body/hair/scales.

As far as the runes being eye color...that was intentional but will change like Krin said in the first post when we redo the generator and pets get gene and mutation accent colors. Basically all genes/mutations that use the eye color will get switched to use the accent color.

Also, as far as any sort of lineart changes with the bases are concerned...we are done doing that. Redoing the tail would be a monumental amount of work to redo. At this point in time we changed a few things with the Qitari already, we added some scales to the pegasus wings so that they'd blend in better, added a glow and more sparkles to ice mane to make it prettier and then adjusted the flower hair mutation some as well.

You also have to keep in mind that with the amount of mutations they have and the limitations of a square box, it's virtually impossible to make every combination look perfect. We went above and beyond to keep mutations from clashing, but that doesn't mean everything will be perfect. Some parts will inevitably cover up other parts. Especially with mutations like wings... unless we're going to make wings laughably small.

So, pretty much at this point, the Qitari is finished baring any mistakes. We have to move on now to other things that Sylestia needs.
Lavelle
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 77
Posted: 1/19/2015 at 8:25 AM Post #113
Chibi wings Fai!! Let's do it!

Kidding, kidding.

I am very happy with these. I am happy to hear you are looking into the white edge on the nebula mane and the hard edges on the fire mane as that was my one nitpick. i picked me up some essences and I'm working on my first qitari project :D Many thanks to the admins and artists.
Mystrea
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 76
Posted: 1/19/2015 at 4:10 PM Post #114
Again, I think that you guys did an AWESOME job!

I can't tell you how many "Pay to Play and "Free up to a certain point" sites I've been to that don't offer what this one does.

1) You REALLY listen to the opinions of your players. This is seen not just in the changes made, but in the well-thought responses given.
2) The funds you generate through the site are put to use in further development. That's obvious in the quality and detail.
3) The response to questions, comments, complaints is UNREAL! I have NEVER been to a gaming site with this kind of response. I know that if I send Krin or Fai a message, I will get a REAL response fairly quickly. Not some "form letter". They are quick to hold people accountable.
4) CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! I don't have to worry about walking into chat and finding players in some sort of sexting. I can play during break at work without being ashamed of what my congregation might see. Parents can let their kids play with the same clear conscience.
5) There is ALWAYS something changing or something new happening. You don't go more than a month or two without new genes, new features, new festivals...
6) It can truly be played as a Free to Play. You can earn enough gold to buy diamonds for a stable upgrade or whatever else you want if you keep sending your pets on missions, or have a good breeding program. Does it take longer? YES, but there is not one single thing in this game that cannot be earned through regular game-play thanks to the Exchange.

For those who have some issues with the Qitari changes, it's okay to have differences of opinion, it's okay to voice your concerns in a kind and thoughtful manner. Like "Hey thanks for all the great new features, I'm not sure I care for XXXX, but having YYYY and ZZZZ make up for it." That's a little better than "XXXX is ridiculous, but I can live with YYYY and ZZZZ if I have to".

A LOT of thought, time and effort has gone into the redesign. Sure there are minor glitches. But there are major pluses. For me my little Qit have now become fun again. THANKS SO MUCH for this great game and great community!

Barcode454
Level 61
Mojo Master
Threads: 246
Posted: 1/19/2015 at 7:22 PM Post #115
Agreed!
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/19/2015 at 8:39 PM Post #116
I just want to say how much I appreciate all the hard work that was put into these. I feel like there is a lot of undeserved meanness going on in this thread. ..imho, these turned out absolutely amazing! Yes, the are a few traits I likely will not be putting on a qit of my design anytime soon, but there are also traits on puffs (my fave species) that I avoid like the plague. Doesn't mean they are not good traits. It doesn't mean the art is bad. It means in my personal taste, I don't like those traits. Just like how I can't stand griffi, but most people seem to love them.

I'm normally not one to respond to a thread like this, but I honestly have been reading through here and just wanted to give my own pat on the back to the artists. So much hard work was put into these and it is obvious. They have personally gone from a "meh" species to one of my faves. I even bought a brand new stable dedicated to them, an honor that previously only puffs got from me. Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work on them to krin, fai, and the artists.

-returns to my stalking corner-
Edited By Lostwords13 on 1/19/2015 at 8:43 PM.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 1/19/2015 at 10:21 PM Post #117
lol to the post above of "Can't stand griffi":
*covers all 669 of her griffi's ears* shh! They'll hear you!!

Anyways. I'm posting (again), to sum up all my thoughtsies. I really love this site, which should be evident by how active I am. As I said, I think the qitari redesign / redraw on a whole was super successful. It's true, I am no longer that big of a fan of Icicle Mane and some of the other traits I previously loved.. However, there are traits I previously could not stand that I now love. Like Fire Mane. (ha, traded Ice for FIRE!) But seriously, as was said: you can't please everyone. And it's the same with the traits! They will not all work perfect with each and every other trait. The more the variety, the more chances for the design to look wonky or not be perfect.

To me, this was such a success. I liked the qitari before, but now I want them to be on my team and go adventuring with me and stuff! I love how much is going on with the new qitari. Yes, the wings are small to hold up a horsey... Doesn't bother me at all; I'm decent at suspending reality (I love the Qitari-esque mount on WoW, which flies like Santa's reindeer on a cloud).

To be honest, I'm just super excited that you guys reworked the female. So I'm happy she matches better.

I would like to add: I also really appreciate you guys explaining how things have worked. Like how the effects for the scales, body, and mane are all separate. Or about the box the artists are confined to because of programming and code and stuff. I think for a lot of us, our criticism might be a bit in ignorance because we don't know these things (or at least I didn't know them). Of course, I'm not asking that you guys explain all your reasons behind the choices which are made, but I love getting behind-the-scenes info like that. So thank you again, admins and artists.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 1/20/2015 at 8:27 PM Post #118
I never cared for qitari, but with this update they look so great!
If I weren't already swamped with projects, I'd be sorely tempted to generate a few sets.

Really great update, I can see you've learned a lot after the Vulnyx fiasco and done everything right this time around. :D
Sphinxfire21
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 8
Posted: 1/22/2015 at 3:20 AM Post #119
Okay, I hope no one takes this the wrong way, and I don't mean to offend, but I really, really, really do not like the Female Qitari Revamp. At first I didn't like both, but I thought I would let it sink in. The adult male actually grew on me and now I think he is super awesome. Not so with the female. It almost makes me want to release all of my Qitari's and not deal with it. The baby's I am not too keen on, but I can deal since they are only babies for 3 days. I did go and try out the preview generator to see what I can work with and this is what I came up with. (BUT I am sad that I don't like the female this much because ALL of those new genes/mutations ARE AMAZING!). I just wanted to give a little of my input, I kind of feel a lot of people (and this may NOT be the case) might not want to give any negative reviews because we all love the Sylestia community and don't want to hurt feelings or feel like they could open themselves to negative comments in return (this is, in fact, why I didn't want to say anything).

I just wanted to get my vote out there in case this isn't just me. Keep up the great work!!!!

Thank you,

SphinxFire

PS:
See this! This is AMAZING! I love it!
Edited By Sphinxfire21 on 1/22/2015 at 3:24 AM.
TeaTimeJess
Level 60
Threads: 16
Posted: 1/25/2015 at 10:59 PM Post #120
ahhh so good ; 0;
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.