Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > 1/9/2015 - Qitari Revamp is Almost Here!
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 8:46 AM Post #1
As the title states, the Qitari revamp is almost ready to be released! While an exact date and time isn't set yet, it will be soon. We are currently in the process of uploading all of the remaining files among some other tweaks.

In total, the new Qitari is our greatest 'creation' yet. Here is a screenshot comparing the original Qitari's PSD file with the new one's PSD file. Specifically, the new Adult Female is comprised of over 350 individual png files. By comparison, the entire original Qitari (both Adults and both Hatchlings combined) are less files than just the new Adult Female. Additionally, the new Qitari has 37 individual layers in the image builder. Most species average 15 or less.

The Qitari in total have been about a 100-150 work-hour project. Nothing was done without immense consideration. To say that the Qitari was a mammoth project would be an understatement lol. So, with that in mind...

Fair warning: Quite a bit will be changing with how the Qitari works. I will try to explain what's changing below. All changes were done with careful consideration and ultimately were decided on because we felt it was the right decision for the species and its artwork moving forward. We are more than aware that the changes will affect already created Qitari and will accommodate as best as we can.

Firstly, we will be swapping 5 of the 6 trait slots for Qitari. Gene 2 will be moved to Gene 3 and vice versa. For Mutations, Mutation 3 is moving to 1, Mutation 1 is moving to 2, and Mutation 2 is then moving to 3. For the moved traits, already created Qitari will have their corresponding trait colors swapped as well. In other words, your pets will NOT be visually affected by this change!

For Genes, the following changes will occur:

Zebra Stripes: Renamed to Okapi. Visually though, unchanged.
Leopard Spots: Renamed to Leopard. Added a second color of Color 2 to the trait.
Quagga: Will look pretty different. Uses Gene Color and Color 2 instead of Color 3.
Lucky Runes: No longer two separate colors. Should be easier to work with.
Tiger Stripes: Renamed to Tiger. Uses Gene Color and Color 2 instead of Color 3.
Turtle Shell: Swapped the colors. Works better with the Eye Color as the design instead of the fade.

For Mutations, the following changes will occur:

Western Saddle: No longer uses Color 2. Stands out a lot more against the body.
Circus Wear: Feather on the head had its colors changed. Stands out a lot more against the head.
Warhorse Armor: No longer uses Eye Color. Should be easier to work with.
Nightmare Armor: Color 1 on the Saddle replaced with a lighter Mutation color. Matches other Saddle Mutations.
Icicle Mane: Uses Color 3 now instead of Mutation Color. Matches all other Manes.
Demon Wings: Uses Mutation Color instead of Color 1 on webbing. Uses Eye Color instead of Mutation Color on runes.
Stardust Wings: Uses Mutation Color on the outside part and Eye Color on the inside part/sparkles.

Please note, we are 100% planning on implementing "Gene Accent" and "Mutation Accent" color slots to pets with the release of the new Generator. These colors will replace a lot of the clashing colors used on all of our species' genes and mutations to greatly improve your ability to customize traits. The Qitari is no exception. So in some cases where we removed colors on traits, they will most likely return with the addition of the accent colors.

Lastly. We are obviously anticipating that some of you may not be happy with the color changes or design changes. We understand that. But also please understand our position. As the owners and creators of Sylestia, it's our job to implement changes that we feel will improve Sylestia for the future. All of the above changes, including the revamping of the Qitari itself, were done with that as our main goal. Sylestia is a living, breathing game. It will always be growing and changing.

So while some changes may be hard to swallow for some of your specific pets (although I really don't think that will be the case), please keep in mind that the changes were done for the benefit of Sylestia moving forward and for the long term. Additionally, it is also one of the reasons that Pet Dyes are quite easily obtainable (if you do not already have stacks of them) and they can be used an unlimited amount of times on any and all pets. Situations like these are a great excuse to use those hoarded Pet Dyes.

We hope everyone is as excited as we are! We will announce a launch date of the revamp as soon as possible.
Entr0py
Level 75
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 178
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 8:47 AM Post #2
wow great job!
Kirasmala
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 147
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 8:50 AM Post #3
Awesome!
Barcode454
Level 61
Mojo Master
Threads: 246
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 8:51 AM Post #4
Yay thanks! I'm worried about my quagga colors but we shall see how it works out.
Zaynah
Level 75
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 49
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 8:53 AM Post #5
Can't wait!
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 8:58 AM Post #6
*stares nervously at her turtle shell ponies**

well...okay if you say they're gonna fine then, sure.

also i am curious about the nebula stuff and shiny scale stuff...ohh...
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 1/9/2015 at 8:59 AM.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 9:03 AM Post #7
now i'm no longer sure if my design for love week will still work :P

will the new design come out befor love week? if so i could still chance the colors so they do work^^
Penn
Level 60
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 10
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 9:07 AM Post #8
If you guys make me wait with bated breath much longer I'm going to suffocate! xD

But yeah, good job team!
Edited By Penn on 1/9/2015 at 9:07 AM.
Desiree
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 20
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 9:11 AM Post #9
Yay! I cant wait for the revamp! ^^
Great work! I cant wait to see my babies in this wonderful form!
BeingWeirdisCool77
Level 57
Threads: 12
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 9:12 AM Post #10
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=21330&page=1#8
Author: Penn
Time Posted: 1/9/2015 at 9:07 AM
If you guys make me wait with bated breath much longer I'm going to suffocate! xD

But yeah, good job team!
Exactly! You are doing a great job though! So glad that I don't have to wait too much longer! So Excited!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.