Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > 6V Sylvorpa Breeding Project
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Frawn
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 53
Posted: 12/6/2014 at 11:47 AM Post #1
Howdy! I'm Canwang, and I've been a member of this site for a couple of months now. I figured it was about time to say hello to the flourishing community I've seen.

My starter pet is a male Sylvorpa with Tidal Markings and Seashells, and he is my inspiration for a 6v breeding project to produce several genes and mutations that, so far, aren't too common together. My ultimate goal is to produce a Sylesti with Majestic/Tidal Markings/Fiddler Ray/Petal Fins/Splash Wings/Seashells.

Any help, encouragement, or advice in this area is naturally very welcome. Thanks to those who have already granted me breeding rights to further my endeavor. I've been a little slow in trying to break into the social circle on this site, so I'll take what I can get.

As a result of my breeding project so far, I have several Sylvorpas available for sale to interested parties. Please feel free to browse the "For Sale" tabs of my stable as well as my hatchery.

Hello again to those of you out there reading this, and I hope we can be friends!

-Canwang
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 12/6/2014 at 7:34 PM Post #2
Greetings, Canwang, I don't think any of the Sylvorpas in my stables would fit into your project, but you're welcome to look around. I started collecting Sylvorpas that I liked before I had a plan for breeding them, which was a mistake. More than any other Sylesti, Sylvorpas are vulnerable to looking "muddy" if the breeder doesn't plan their crosses very carefully indeed. So I'm kind of taking a break from Sylvorpas for awhile, but I can still make any and all available for breeding. This includes the Tagged ones. It is perfectly OK to breed Tagged to non-Tagged if that gets you the traits and colors you want.

SpaceElf
Frawn
Level 75
High Druid
Posted: 12/7/2014 at 2:41 PM Post #3
Thanks for replying!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "muddy" and "tagged". Could you elaborate for me a little, please?

-Canwang
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 12/7/2014 at 3:48 PM Post #4
"Muddy" is a general art term. It refers to how you can have colors that might look fine by themselves, but if you start blending them, you get dull, uninteresting colors. While this can happen with any species of Sylesti, Sylvorpas have so many different skin patterns that it's especially easy for their colors to end up looking muddy if the breeder doesn't pay careful attention.

"Tagged" is a uniquely Sylestian term. A "Tagged" pet has a Tag on its Pet Lookup. Go to Bunyip's page, here--

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1089905

--scroll down to the Genetics panel, and look on the left side. See where it reads Black Toad Sylvorpa? That's her Tag. Now look at the Next Stable Pet, KleBleVet. She has no Tag, because Bunyip is a Tagged Sylesti, but KleBleVet isn't.

All Tagged Sylesties were either Tamed, that is, found in the wild, or were awarded to someone as a prize. If they were Tamed, their Pet Lookup with show this. If the pet was a prize, its Lookup will say it is an Exclusive Sylesti.

If you breed a Tagged pet to another pet with the exact same Tag, you get a Purebred Sylesti. The only way to tell if a pet is Purebred is to look at its parents and, if necessary, their parents, and their parents, and...

If you find out all of a pet's ancestors were the exact same type of Tagged Sylesti, then that pet is Purebred. Needless to say, most pets in Sylestia are neither Tagged nor Purebred.

Make more sense now? If not, let me know.
Frawn
Level 75
High Druid
Posted: 12/8/2014 at 9:05 AM Post #5
I gotcha. I figured "tagged" had to do with that special trait. Thanks for the pointers, I appreciate your help!

Canwang
Mystrea
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 76
Posted: 12/8/2014 at 11:42 AM Post #6
I have a number of majestic petal splashwings if you are interested. I can put some of them up for sale for you.
Dauntlessscale1
Level 50
Threads: 144
Posted: 12/8/2014 at 12:04 PM Post #7
Dear Canwang,

My Starter pet is also a Sylvorpa. You can breed her with your boy if you want. I think she something you are looking for.

Genes: Tidal Markings (Visible)

Mutations: Splash Wings, and Sea Shells (Both are carried)

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=850266

Picture:
Frawn
Level 75
High Druid
Posted: 12/8/2014 at 7:43 PM Post #8
@Mystrea - Thank you for the offer. I believe I've already bought a few pets from you to get my project going. It has been a big help to me!

@Dauntlessscale1 - I've been breeding to your lovely SwirlLit regularly for over a month now. As we speak even, she's recovering. Thanks for your help!

I appreciate the support, feel free to check in and see what I've managed to come up with. I think I finally have a solid 5 pairs of dedicated mates capable of producing offspring with 4 visible traits for the next stage of the project.

-Canwang
Dauntlessscale1
Level 50
Threads: 144
Posted: 12/8/2014 at 8:18 PM Post #9
Oh, right that's you!

I knew that somebody has been breeding their Sylvorpa with her! But I didn't know who! That's you! Ok, um... Glad to help ^^
Frawn
Level 75
High Druid
Posted: 12/15/2014 at 6:01 PM Post #10
I've started working on some Vis Spark Stripe varieties, Vis Spooky Fog, and some purebred Zombie Sylvorpas. Fun!
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.