Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Winter Festival 2014 - Gingerbread House
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 12/5/2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1
The object of this contest is to create a Gingerbread House using real food! Your gingerbread house must be created by using any type of food. It doesn't necessarily have to be made of gingerbread, graham crackers or any other type of food is fine to use for the construction of your house. You must use real food in this contest, digital entries aren't allowed. :)

Rules

1. When creating your Gingerbread House you must take at least three pictures of the process with your username written on a piece of paper somewhere in the picture. So there is not any confusion, feel free to view the Pumpkin Carving Thread to see what other users did with their pictures.

2. After you're done creating your Gingerbread House come back to this thread and post your pictures all in one post. :)

3. If you have never created a Gingerbread House before here are some handy tutorials to get you started: Link 1 Link 2

4. The due date for this is at the end of the festival which is January 4th at 11:59PM server time.

Prizes

Wow. O_O

So, first off I just want to say how blown away Krin and I are with all the participation that this game had. We couldn't believe that so many people made gingerbread houses! I think this was better than Christmas morning going through this thread and looking at all the awesome houses that everyone created. It was SO tough to narrow down three winners, as in our book everyone here made an awesome house.

Because of the outstanding work that everyone put into their houses we have made the participation prize for this game extra special. :)

And without further ado here are the winners of the Gingerbread House Contest:

1st Place: Absoluteinsanity

Prizes: 2000 Diamonds, Custom 3 Visible Pet or 3-Visible Themed Pet

I just want to say that looking at the process of which you made this house was stunning. We couldn't believe that you went through the effort to create a pasta hardwood floor and even furniture inside! We loved it and thank you for creating and sharing something so awesome with us.

2nd Place: Rixie

Prizes: 1000 Diamonds, 3-Visible Winter Festival Themed Pet

Rixie your gingerbread house looked like something out of a magazine! We couldn't believe how neat and organized everything looked! The place setting for the house was just outstanding...and THAT CHRISTMAS TREE?! Amazing! :D

3rd Place: Kyokai

Prizes: 500 Diamonds, 2-Visible Themed Pet

It is a fricken awesome gingerbread house village. Is there anything else I need to say?

Participation Prizes

Everyone that participated and made a wonderful house to share with our community will receive the following: Winter Festival Basket, 5 Lucky Wheel of Dreams Tickets, Rainbow Minstrel Set.

The Rainbow Minstrel set is a special colored full 2015 January Monthly set. Only the participants of this contest will receive one and it will forever be retired and unobtainable in any other way. It is suppose to be special to show how special it was that all of you put so much time in effort in sharing your wonderful houses with us. Thank you again, words can't express how blown away we were by this contest. :)

As always, for those of you that need to choose their prizes please be patient with me for sending out PMs. Thank you! :)
Edited By Faiona on 1/6/2015 at 5:29 PM.
Silverlunarfox
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/6/2014 at 4:15 AM Post #2
we are about to create a gingerbread house today,
Rixie
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 12/6/2014 at 2:15 PM Post #3
I haven't made a gingerbread house in years... but this sounds fun! Something to do over winter break :)

Due to some family drama, I had less time than I thought I would, so I did not spend as much time on this as I would have liked to. Nonetheless, here is my gingerbread house with a nice pathway, some flower pots, a pond, a christmas tree, and a fence with a gate. There is a vine with either berries or red flowers growing on it crawling up the house, and lots of snow on the ground. Notice the kitty leaving footprints in the snow. :)

I'm not sure why but in preview my image isn't working... here are direct links:

I will try to fix these in a few hours.
Edited By Faiona on 1/5/2015 at 6:55 PM.
Absoluteinsanity
Level 71
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 43
Posted: 12/6/2014 at 3:29 PM Post #4
Disasterhouse 2: Invasion of The Toast

My first attempt at making a food house did not go well, so I scrapped those pictures and tried again. I wanted to enter something I was proud to have made. ^_^;

The ingredients! (Spoilers: toast. All the toast. 1.5 loaves of bread toasted)

Constructed a noodle "hardwood" floor and put up the first wall. The noodles are secured to the base with a super useful water/flour mix that acts as a paste.

Here's a closeup of the floor. They really are noodles, I promise!

Each part of the house made from bread got a dash of pumpkin pie spice before being attached to the base. This pie spice contains powdered ginger. Ginger bread. Heh.

Sculpted a sofa out of a stale loaf of sourdough bread (mixed with a little water). It made my hands smell weird. Also, rosemary Christmas tree! I even sculpted a tiny bread star to go on top of it. c:

Here's a furniture closeup, I've also added a cute little bread end table.
Edit: Forgot to mention, the brown crossed things in the window are whole wheat linguine noodles.

Finished attaching all the walls, and added more furniture. That on the right, my dear friends, is a bread TV. 166 channels, all bread. Why get a flatscreen when you can have a breadscreen?? :D

Quick trip to the kitchen to make a wreath for the front of the house (it needed to cool while I finished other parts of the house): a mixture of butter, corn flakes, green food coloring, and marshmallows. mmmmm yum.

Finished and attached the roof. The front doors are hinged, and can be opened/closed.

A few finishing touches later (the wreath from a few pictures ago, a bean pathway, some broccoli/thyme/rosemary foliage, rice noodle icicles, and a light sprinkle of flour) and the house is complete! Yay!!

Here's a top view. You can also see the furniture through the windows in person, but I couldn't photograph that. :P

Total work time: 6-7 hours. Sorry for the long post .-.
Edited By Absoluteinsanity on 12/10/2014 at 2:17 PM.
Neuonce
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 26
Posted: 12/6/2014 at 4:38 PM Post #5
This is going to be great! I have all day today, so I actually might knock it out today!

I don't have any pictures of me making the dough, but I do have some of cutting and wrapping it up. You'll see what I mean in a second.

The dough after wrapping it up. I'm going to apologize now for having the worst handwriting possible while doing this.

Cutting out the dough!

Here's a picture of the pieces in the oven. They took quite a while to cook, and they smelled HEAVENLY!

Some of the finished walls and the second batch. Once again, I apologize in advance that I don't have any pictures of setting the house up. Mostly because it looked like a horible mess and I was trying to fix it so much that I forgot about pictures. :/

The finished product. Instead of using icing, I ended up using chocolate. This is a very chocolate themed house. I used chocolate covered covered pretzels, the snow is white chocolate, the girl is made of gingerbread and chocolate, and I used heresy kisses and chocolate chips. Hope you guys like it! (It smells like cinnamon and chocolate)
Edited By Howlheart on 12/10/2014 at 4:29 PM.
AaronAmpora
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 148
Posted: 12/6/2014 at 5:01 PM Post #6
I haven't made a gingerbread house in years, but I'm about to go to the store and buy supplies, so hopefully I'll get it done today, if not, then in the next few days~
Absoluteinsanity
Level 71
Gingerbread Architect
Posted: 12/6/2014 at 6:29 PM Post #7
Quick question before I start making mine: Do the materials we use to keep the structure together have to be food as well, or can we use things like toothpicks, glue, tape, etc. as long as they aren't visible?
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 12/6/2014 at 6:42 PM Post #8
As per the contest rules, it has to be made of food items. However, if you want to use some non-food items (like toothpicks) to help keep it from falling over, that's fine.

But it should be very obvious that your house is made from food.
Absoluteinsanity
Level 71
Gingerbread Architect
Posted: 12/6/2014 at 6:45 PM Post #9
Ahhh wonderful, thank you for the quick response! ^_^
1zar1
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 3
Posted: 12/7/2014 at 4:03 PM Post #10
All the progress:

We cut out the pieces, so they were all super wonky, but it's pretty well-disguised under that mountain of icing! :D
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.