Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Winter Festival 2014 - Gingerbread House
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Neomewclone
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 22
Posted: 12/22/2014 at 1:50 PM Post #51
This is the gingerbread house me, my boyfriend and my little brother made this weekend.

Random bowl of dough

Roof panels, baked.

All pieces + some extra gingerbread men

Starting to come together

Roof, complete with chocolate panels and snow icing

Fence, trees and a door

Finishing touches :)
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 12/22/2014 at 2:27 PM Post #52
I finally got around to making my house! This was the first time I have ever made one, so It's a little messy. I'm proud of it, though. :D

Step 1: Gather the premade ingredients! Haha..Hey, I said it was my first time! >w>;

Step 2: Struggle for an embarrassingly long time to assemble the walls and roof.

Step 3: Eat most of your decorations, then haphazardly glue the remaining pieces to the house.

Step 4: Add finishing touches, plus a gingerbread man that is definitely way too big to fit through that door.

Step 5: DESTROY [Attack on Titan theme plays dramatically in the distance]

Some detail shots:
1 2 3
Bmrbgttyjjl
Level 64
The Perfectionist
Threads: 86
Posted: 12/25/2014 at 12:05 AM Post #53
I was lazy and did the box kind >.<

The start stuff:

The Bread broken to glue together:

The House glued together:

Two Angles of it Decorated:

And the whole little village my sisters and I made (No user in this pic cause you couldn't see it if I had it in there):
Talyn
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 181
Posted: 12/25/2014 at 12:57 AM Post #54

Okay... So... Had my mom bake use a loaf of bread so I could make a house out of the crust. Made out of home made bread, white cheddar cheese-its, cheddar cheese-whiz, ritz crackers, cheese sticks, and pretzel rods. XD A house my allergen ridden family can eat! XD
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 12/25/2014 at 2:10 AM Post #55
Kudos to people who were able to use gingerbread. I'm lacking both that as well as marshmallows. So very make-shift, but also very fun! ^.^

Ingredients:
Also used:
- a dried fruit banana as the door
- honey nut cheerios for the ground.
- Note: The rice cake is called 'Crunchy Rice Rollers.' Found them in the back of the pantry. Actually pretty good as it turns out!

Nutella Prep work. With Honey Roof.

Added a banana dried fruit door following the ricecake lead to be healthy.
Chocolate chips adorn the roof.

Overheadview with name. The road is made of honey. Lined by smarties.
Cheerios for the ground and windows.

Done:

Alternate view:

sorry my name didn't get in every picture. Was a sweet and messy adventure.
Edited By Taptothebeat on 12/25/2014 at 2:13 AM.
SheVampire
Level 72
Sylestiologist
Threads: 274
Posted: 12/25/2014 at 7:15 PM Post #56
My Hello Kitty Sugar Cookie house...

Getting it built

Decorated a bit

Then the Christmas Tree fell on top of Hello Kitty, lol

Kitteh eating the Sugar Cookie House

Another Pic of the kitteh that ruined Hello Kitty's sugar cookie house...just because.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 12/27/2014 at 4:30 PM Post #57
Our family never did gingerbread houses before, but we organized an afternoon for my sisters and I to do this and everyone had a great time. (I think you may have started a new Christmas eve family tradition!)

Here is mine; nothing too fancy, but I'm really proud of it for a first try!

ColonelHazard
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 35
Posted: 12/28/2014 at 2:08 PM Post #58
Okay, so I really wanted to do this with real gingerbread, but the first 5 days of the fest I was on a trip with my partner, and then Christmas happened, and now I'm off to Barcelona with my family tomorrow, so things got a bit creative.... In the 2 days I had to shop, I could not for the life of me find a gingerbread house kit (Scotland hates gingerbread, apparently -- why did I have to move somewhere that doesn't have gingerbread?), or any cookie cutters for the house shapes. I didn't have time to bake, anyway, with everything being so busy! So tonight after packing my suitcase I got together everything I could find in the house that might work to construct a "gingerbread" house:

You can see from left: chocolate christmas characters, macarons, goji berries, brandy butter (what I used instead of icing because I didn't have the ingredients to make any), buttermints, dates, chocolate, tangerines, broken up cookies from the hotel I stayed in last week, chocolate chips, chocolate bars, speculoos cookies (a dutch spice cookie that is similar enough to gingerbread -- strangely I can find these without issue), candles, matchmaker sticks, sugar, and more chocolate.

Construction begins! I put everything down on a cookie sheet, and used brandy butter to help hold cookies in place as I built a structure similar to a house of cards.

Above is the final basic structure -- now for decorations!

Finished! The window is a buttermint, so when you shine light from behind, it looks like it's a warm glow from inside. Unfortunately this didn't photograph well on my phone, so I don't have any pictures of it in action. There's matchmaker stick siding on the top floor of the house, a chocolate bar chimney with a crushed macaron coming out of it as smoke, macaron trees or lollipops (whatever they look like to you!), crumbled cookie stone pathway, a date rock, a tangerine segment fireplace, sugar snow on everything, and a little santa, decorated tree, and snowman!

Another view because I'm actually pretty proud of what I managed to come up with in an hour from just snacks that were lying around the house! Whew, now maybe I will have the time to colour the colouring page before I go to bed and leave for my trip in the morning :D
Motacilla
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 2
Posted: 12/31/2014 at 11:25 AM Post #59
Me and my brother made our first gingerbread house this year! Turned out rather fine, if I do say so myself. (:
Brother's design, my icing. Minimalism was intentional.

Parts before baking:

'Stained glass' windows:

Assembled:

Ta-da:
Edited By Motacilla on 12/31/2014 at 1:32 PM.
Allis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 38
Posted: 1/1/2015 at 11:18 PM Post #60
I had sugar cookie mix, 2 candycanes, a pack of gummy bears, a slice of pumpkin pie, and half a bag of marshmallows. The results, my amazing candy tower with gummi bear crenellations:

The ground is made of pumpkin pie, with melted marshmallows on top and a light dusting of sugar. The structure is made of sugar cookies, held together by melted marshmallows. The outside has been coated in melty marshmallow and rolled in crushed blue candy cane and crushed cereal for color. Homemade rock candy was slapped on with melty marshmallow for decoration, and gummy bears were included for color contrast <3
Edited By Faiona on 1/5/2015 at 7:01 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.