Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Winter Festival 2014 - Gingerbread House
Page 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 1/2/2015 at 10:56 AM Post #61

This was my first time building a gingerbread (or... graham cracker) house, and it was way more fun then I ever suspected. :D Thanks, Faiona, this was a fantastic idea!
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 1/3/2015 at 2:02 PM Post #62
Okay, it's fiiinally done. :D After not one but *two* cat attacks, my gingerbread house has been through a lot. It's messier than I would have liked, but this was my first time ever trying to make royal icing from scratch and it came out a bit more.. drippy than I had ever imagined it would be. XD

Here's the front:

Here's the side, with my name. :) It's a bit hard to see but the house has red vine runners, window boxes, and jolly rancher windowpanes. My name is made out of red vines, lemon drops, and a candy corn.

Detail shots:

Marsh Morkko, the Morkko Snowmanbear! Marsh Morkko is made out of marshmellows, red vines, a peppermint, and snow caps. He has a shiny present, which is a wrapped bullion cube, with tiny bits of marshmellow as ribbon.

This is the front door. It's a door-eo. This is door #2. The cat attacked and ripped off the first door! :o Next to the door is the cookie tree sitting in an icing snowbank.

This poor snowman has been here since the start of winter, and now he's melting! Melted snowman made of microwaved marshmellow, gum drop hat, candy corn nose, red vine eyes and snow cap buttons.

The M&M bushes are in full bloom this time of year. :D

Progress shots:

The walls and windows being constructed:

Early Marsh Morkko. RIP Door #1. This was pre cat-attack one. XP
Edited By Zelly on 1/3/2015 at 2:04 PM.
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 101
Posted: 1/3/2015 at 7:11 PM Post #63
So in 2013 I spent way to much time making an elaborate gingerbread house for my family for christmas. I was so proud! How ever I made one huge oversight.. I live in Australia and our christmas day is usually 40+ degrees Celsius. Before we even got to my mums house it had began to melt and to my dismay the roof collapsed.... So this year I figured I'd try cake ! Which I found is hard to get it to stand up lol... So here is my entry the cake brick house ! I made it from scratch and the eggs even came from my own chickens :D! I took alot of picture but I'll post major steps if I need more let me know.

The Inside couch and tree:

All done now:

Ice pond and Mr snowman outside!

Edited By Amirell on 1/3/2015 at 7:18 PM.
Sunspirits
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/3/2015 at 7:16 PM Post #64
K gonna put up these 2 for now, gotta get the final pic finished haha.

Totally a mansion...

....and the final masterpiece...
Edited By Sunspirits on 1/4/2015 at 2:50 PM.
Thrackerzod
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 12
Posted: 1/4/2015 at 12:17 AM Post #65
Ok mine's kind of pathetic and I apologize for that...I did what I could with what I had and while not allowed to unwrap and ruin perfectly good caramel squares if I wasn't about to eat them. It collapsed many times during the building process because wrappers are slippery. The roof is bread covered in honey with misty mints and a gummy animal 'chimney'

Dark
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 306
Posted: 1/4/2015 at 12:58 AM Post #66
So I made my gingerbread house from scratch.. but it kept breaking and eventually landed itself in the trash. Then gingerbread house kits went on sale for cheaper than I could scratch make one! So here is attempt #2. Everything except for the gingerbread house itself and the white icing is homemade by me. (so the green icing on the trees was homemade) and it is 100% edible.!!

Making the fondant for the snowman and tree bases

the rose is chocolate and corn syrup. gum text helps fondant hold a stiff shape

Things are getting a lil bit messy!

Food coloring painted on, mini Oreos for the path and sides of the roof

All done!

here is a close up

Side view
Echosparks19932
Level 56
Fright Master
Threads: 27
Posted: 1/4/2015 at 5:33 AM Post #67
SORRY FOR NOT PUTTING MY NAME I FORGOT ;-;
This turned out meh anyway. ~Note- its a Pre-built house you just decorate it.-
Some of the pictures are blurry because i was taking them with my phone and I had icing all over my hand...

And yes. Those are school desks - yes. I did this at school. -.-

The tree took longer than the house to decorate.

Had to use the board that went under the house to smooth the icing.

The jelly beans did not come with the set - "Jelly beans sold separately" :3

It took soooo long to cover my little snowman with icing. I may have eaten some ^.^ Oops!

As you can see the house didn't last very long - it got eaten. The black jelly beans on the snowman are supposed to be a hat.

Ps. This gingerbread house has been eaten by my spanish class and @hemmons all that is left is half a wall.
Elleshie
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 46
Posted: 1/4/2015 at 6:02 AM Post #68
At first I wasn't going to participate in this contest but then I saw everybody else's entries and it looked like so much fun that I had to join in. My house isn't all that great because I built it from whatever I found in the kitchen but I did have fun.

First materials for the house:

Construction begins layering bread and cookies:

Basic structure is done and I added a cookie as a door:

The roof has cookie tiles:

And a chimney made of gumdrops:

A path of cookies, a garden of gumdrops and a pile of wood made of licorice:

Two views of the completed house:

Keanai
Level 66
The Hallowed
Threads: 71
Posted: 1/4/2015 at 4:11 PM Post #69
...This really did happen. I promise you xD.

Last picture was made a bit later, when I lost my third picture. It's one of each of my materials for the most part :D (I used 3 packs of poptarts) Imgur also wouldn't let me rotate, so upside down it is xD

LacunaTrickster
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 24
Posted: 1/4/2015 at 5:43 PM Post #70
Someone wanted a ginger bread house so i went to their house and made a Tardis!

The template

Rolling out the dough and cutting it

Baked peices

Assembly

Icing

Final detail pictures.

My friend liked it but made me take it home since i worked so hard on it lol. It is the Dr. Who Tardis with tiny 11th doctor(Matt Smith) , two weeping angels that were quickly eaten.One side features Bad Wolf graffiti the other side has a time crack.There are windows and the police callbox sign. I made royal icing to coat it all. luckily it was enough.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.