Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 48
Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:43 PM Post #1
Hi Guys.

Just a bit about the story before I actually get to writing.

First off I want to say Happy Birthday Flute! I hope you had a great day and got some cool pressies.

So this story is a gift to my dear friend Flute, who as a joke last year asked their Secret Santa for a boyfriend. I was not their SS, but I thought why not help this SS out by gifting Flute what she wished. and so Luohs and I created Boyfriend (and Flute).

To whom Flute loved dearly, and many jokes have ensued.

Now Flute knowing I am a writer, asked me, again jokingly, to write her a story of BF, just to get to know the man behind the wolf. And of course, as a writer, how could I refuse.

This has been a long journey for all of us, but now its over.

Thank you,

Willow Darimn.

(This had to be redone, because although I asked for no one to post in the last thread, someone did...*Sigh*)
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:43 PM Post #2
Once upon a time, long before the civilisations we know today, the world was separated into small kingdoms. These kingdoms prospered, due to the old magic that was ever present in their world, magic you will not see today. In one of these kingdoms there lived a prince, handsome and proud. He was loved by all his people, and was famous among all the courtly ladies. But this prince was vain and arrogant of his looks. He kept only the most beautiful women in the land around. Among these women was a princess as beautiful and arrogant as the prince. It was proclaimed that the two would be married, and all were joyful for the two, who seemed so perfect together. But there was one woman whom did not share this joy or love. In the prince's kingdom lived a woman, old, frail and forever unwell. Her entire family had died before her eyes, yet no one paid her, or that fact, any attention. One day she asked the prince for a dime to buy some bread and his bride cussed the woman away, how dare she of all people try to get near the two. The boy so ignorant of the old womans pain and blinded by love ignored this cruelty. That night as the prince and his beloved danced through the halls of his castle a great storm fell upon the kingdom. Thunder and lightning shook the castle, and it was hardly noticed that there was a knock upon the front doors. But as the prince watched a fork of lightning crash to the ground outside, he heard it. A single knock at first, and then another. He and his bride went to the door, standing upon the step soaked and shaking the old woman stood. Again his bride spoke to the woman, "begone you old woman, can you see we are not a charity. Why do you not bother your own kind."
The old lady just stood at the door, ignoring the girls harsh words. As the prince's bride went to close the door upon the old woman she spoke. "You who are beautiful of looks but ugly of heart, kind to yourself but cruel to others. So you shall suffer a fate worse than death, forever alone, you shall be as cold on the outside as you are on the inside." And as she spoke the girl began to turn to stone. First her fingers hardened and grayed then as the girl screamed the magic spread up her arms and across her body. The prince watched on paralysed by fear as his beloved turned to stone. As the last breath escaped the girls mouth the woman turned upon the prince.
"Stay back you witch. How could you do that to my beloved?" The prince fell back in fear of the old woman.
"You whom put on a loving face, beloved by all but shallow in truth. You do not see the pain and suffering of those around you, I curse you to forever see the suffering of other and to be helpless to offer comfort. You shall live as long as she stands unbroken, in a form that better fits your true self."
And as these words left the old woman's lips the prince fell onto all fours, pain shattered through his body as he began to change into a beast of unrecognisable form. The witch stood before the snarling beast and spoke again. "When you learn the true beauty of the world and learn to love another for what they are and not how they look I shall return you from this horror."
The beast pounced at the witch blinded by hatred and fear, but before he could reach her both she and the statue vanished.

Without an heir to the throne, the people left, and the lands were recaptured by the wild. The castle stood abandoned, and haunted by the beast. Forgotten and alone he wallowed in his self pity and hatred towards the witch. The world moved on and over time the lands beyond the forests began to clamour with human life again. Farmers and their families settled and sowed the lands, ever watchful of the forest but living without fear of the mysteries that lived within. Small villages were erected and life thrived. And one day a farmer and his wife were visited by an elderly woman. The couple had been without child, and could not conceive. The woman gave the two a blue bell flower she said grew in the darkest parts of the forest where the old magic still played, and told the two to make a tea from the petals and a child would come to them. The farmer and his wife did as the elderly woman instructed and in no time a beautiful little girl was born, the couple named her Belle. The couple celebrated their child's birth and all was well in their home. But as the years past the happiness faded as the farmers wife fell ill. The farmer searched all over for the elderly woman to seek her help like he had the five years before, but he could not find her anywhere, and all that he talked to had never seen nor heard of her before. The farmer mourned his wife's passing and on the eve after her death the little girl Belle prayed to the stars asking them why they had taken her mother. As she cried at the window an elderly woman passed by.
"Child why do you cry to the stars?" the woman asked.
"Because they have stolen my mother away, and I fear they will steal my father too, he is lost in mourning and we starve because of it." Belle replied.
"Ohh child, the stars did not take your mother to hurt you. Sometimes we must leave this world, but it does not mean we are gone forever. Your mother is sitting up in the heavens watching over you. She is testing to see if you will be brave and strong in this dark hour. Can you be brave for your mother, and help your father?" the woman said reassuringly.
"If mother wishes it, I shall be strong," Belle said rubbing he tears from her eyes.
"Your mother would be proud to hear you say that my child. I have something for you so that you may be guided in your journey," the woman pulled out a small broach, in the shape of a star, glistening in the twilight, "now child go to sleep, your work will be hard, but should you prosper you shall be rewarded greatly."
Belle did as the elderly lady said, and over the years she grew up to be kind and hard working, an obedient young lady to her father, who fell out of his slump and remembered his duties.
Some many years after the death of the farmers wife, he and some of the other farmers decided to take their stock to a market beyond the forest. With goodbyes the men went upon their journey. On their return from the markets, a terrible storm, the likes of not seen in the lands for many ages, Attacked the travelling caravan, and Belle's father was separated from the rest of the farmers. He wandered for days in the forest, until he came across an old ruined castle. The farmer entered the grounds of the castle and fell upon a beautiful pond, water crystal clear. Parched and wary from his travels, the farmer took a drink from the pond and lay down to sleep. But his sleep was disturbed by the howl of a foul beast. The beast growled at the farmer, "for ruining my beautiful water with your filthy hands, human you will die." The farmer pleaded with the beast, for his daughter waited for him at home. The farmer offered the beast the picture as hoping that the Beast would see reason. The beast looked upon the picture and turned to the Farmer, "I shall spare your life for your daughters."
The beast then grabbed the farmer and dragged him into the castle, to a mirror wall.
Growling at the farmer to think of his home, the beast threw the farmer at the mirror. But instead of hitting broken glass, the farmer fell into a meadow of wild flowers, like the ones next to his house. Looking about, he realised that these were the flowers from his home. He ran up to the door and banged upon it calling out Belle's name. She came to the door in tears.
"Ohh father you are alive! When the caravan returned without you I feared you were dead," Belle cried into her fathers shoulder.
"Belle I am sorry," her father cried, "I have made a pact with the devil. I was lost in the forest and came upon a hideous beast that lived within a castle. For him to spare my life, I had to promise him you." Belle's father cried out.
"If you do not find the castle by the next full moon he will find us and kill us."
"But father the next full moon is tomorrow night, how will I find this castle," Belle exclaimed in fear. She would do anything for her father even if it meant trading her life for his. The farmer tried to remember how he had gotten to the castle, the two of them made a map of where they thought she would have to go. The next morning at dawn Belle took one of the horses and rode into the forest. Though she followed her fathers map by dusk she was no closer to finding the castle than she was to falling upon a mountain of gold. But Belle would not give up, her fathers life depended upon it. As the sun set and the stars slowly came out Belle began to lose hope, but a flicker of light ahead of her made her look up. Ahead marked upon a tree was a glowing star, just like her broach and beyond that a second and a third. Belle persuaded her horse to follow the glowing markings, remembering what the elderly woman had told her so many years ago. She followed the marks for what felt like an hour, but as suddenly as they had appeared they disappeared. A cloud had blocked the stars from the sky and hidden Belle's path from her. Just as she thought it could get no worse a shadow from behind spooked the horse. Belle looked back to see a wolf padding in from behind a tree, and then another and another. The wolves growled and then howled and Belle urged her horse into a gallop. But the horse was big and the forest enclosed around them. Suddenly Belle was knocked off the horse by a low hanging branch, she fell to the forest floor and the wolves circled in on her. Belle believed this was the end, that she had let her father down by not finding the castle. But before the first wolf could charge her, a large beast crashed into the wolf. The beast growled at the wolves, whom scattered before their foe. The beast then turned to Belle.
"Well this is not the castle, but you are close enough child. What is your name?" the beast asked Belle.
"My name is Belle and I have come to take my fathers place in your castle. What should I call you?" she said bravely, though she was very frightened.
"You may call me Beast, for that is a name I deserve. Come Belle, it is not safe here," the Beast said. He held out his arm for Belle to hold onto, "I shall not harm you while you stay in my keep, so there is no need to fear me."
They walked in the darkness towards his castle in silence, Belle stumbled along behind the Beast careful not to let go of his arm, nor pull on his hairs as she tripped over the forest floor. Finally, after what felt like an age of walking, they came out into a clearing and Belle laid her eyes upon the Beast's castle. She was so shocked by the beauty of it that she let go of Beast and stared at it. He continued to walk towards the front gate.
Looking back towards Belle he said, "If you stay there the wolves will get you," a hint of tease on his voice.
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:44 PM Post #3
Flute awoke with a start, why, when she was stressed, did she dream of that story. When she was little and had nightmares her mother would tell her the story of Beauty and the Beast. Not the conventional one, nor the Disney one, but another that had supposedly been passed down from her grandmother to her mother when she was young. Flute could remember every line and often in her dreams when Belle spoke, she sounded like Flute's mother. Flute had been having the dream more often since leaving home to go to College. She had just finished her first semester, and although she loved being on her own in the big city, she did very much miss her small home town. But now was not the time to be worrying about home. Flute looked at her alarm clock, at least this mornings dream had woken her up just before her alarm went off. Flute got up and showered, today was the first day at her new job. Flute had attempted to get a job at a small coffee shop, where her friend Rose worked, but the coffee shop had not been searching for new staff. Flute had been bitterly disappointed until she noticed that next door to the coffee shop was a gorgeous antique store. And the owner happened to be on the search for a new store help. Flute was really excited, she had walked past the store many times, ogling the gorgeous jewelry in the window, but had never dared set foot in the store. Today, she would not only step inside the gorgeous little shop, but she would start her first serious job there.

Flute sat at a table near the coffee shop door and waited for her iced tea and poppyseed muffin. She could not believe how busy she had been this morning, Although the store itself was not busy, Flute had been on her feet all morning shifting boxes and arranging items. The waitress brought her order over, at least for the next twenty minutes she could relax away from the shop. But before she could actually relax her phone went off. Flute looked at the number, but didn't recognise it from her contacts.
"Hello?" Flute said cautiously.
"Ohh Flute, honey it is so good to hear your voice. I have been trying to work out this confounded phone for the last week," Flutes mother's voice called through the phone.
"Hi mum," Flute sighed. It had been a while since she heard her mothers voice.
"So honey how were your exams? Hows the apartment? And the weather?"
"Mum! Please, don't bombard me with questions. The exams went well, but I wont get results until the next semester begins." Flute exclaimed.
She knew that the move had been difficult for her mother. They had always spent a lot of time together. Unfortunately this meant that when Flute was away her mother worried. Flute had to answer at least ten more questions before her mother settled down. It seemed that Flute's mother was not the only one missing her. Flute could hear her puppy in the background whimpering for his owner.
"I am really sorry that your apartment doesn't allow pets, your baby misses you, more than I do, I think."
Flute could hear her mother giggling at the comment on the other end of the line. Distracted by her mothers giggling, Flute knocked some papers off the table. As she picked them up, one of the papers sliced across her finger.
"Ouch!"
"What dear, what happened?" her mother sounded worried.
"Nothing mum, just got a paper cut. Damn its bleeding," Flute grabbed the napkin from beside her muffin, and wrapped it around her finger.
"Sweet heart, do you have a bandi handy?"
Flute rolled her eyes, "mum, I am not seven any more, I will get a plaster for it later."
"Of course you are not, its just hard you not being here any more," Flute's mother sniffed.
"I know mum, look I have to go. I have to get back to work. how about I come home for a bit through the break?" Flute hated to lie to her mother, but if she didn't get off the phone, Flute would never be able to enjoy her, now ten minutes of peace.

Re-energised from her break, Flute set about doing some afternoon arranging for the store. When the owner had said that it was a breezy job she had not been kidding. Of the total seven people that had actually walked into the store, Flute had served three. The others had just been browsing. Currently there was one other person in the store, a woman with long dark purple hair. She was wearing a chequered tank top with a giant skull print on the front, and her jeans were tattered and had giant holes around the knees. She wore a key chain connected to her pocket that had small skulls and a vial of green smoke locked onto it. Flute thought she seemed a bit out of place in the antique store, but she seemed to be happy browsing the necklaces Flute had laid out this morning. Flute herself was setting up a stand of broaches, when a broach with a sharp corner sliced across her paper cut.
"Ouch!" Flute had forgotten to get a band aid on it in the end. The broach had re-opened the paper cut.
"Ohh dear, that looks painful," The purple haired girl had come over to see if Flute was okay.
"You should really get something to cover that," she said as she pulled a band aid from her pocket and handed it to Flute.
"Thank you," Flute said, she felt bad for judging the girls look earlier.
"You are new here, right? I haven't seen you in the store before."
Flute looked puzzled at the girl, "ahh, yeah. Today is my first day. My name's Flute."
"Ohh that's so cool. I'm Willow, and I'm a bit of a regular. You never know what sort of treasures you will find in an antique store," Willow reached out a hand to shake Flute's. With her other hand she picked up the broach that Flute had dropped. It had a small splash of Flute's blood on it, which Willow wiped away with a handkerchief she pulled from her pocket, Flute wondered if it was a Mary Poppen's Pocket.
"Treasures like this," Willow said handing the broach to Flute, who looked at it properly for the first time. It was shaped like a star, obviously one of the points had nicked her, with a small blue gem in the centre. Flute thought it looked a lot like the broach she had always envisioned Belle having, but that was silly. She did have to admit, it was a beautiful broach, if she had been a customer she would have bought it herself. But she could tell that Willow was thinking the same thing. Saying goodbye to Willow, and the broach, which the purple haired girl had indeed bought, Flute went back to her afternoon work.

Opening the door to her apartment, Flute immediately made a b-line for the couch. She had never imagined that working in an antique store would be so tiring, and yet there she was absolutely knackered. Unfortunately for her, the peace and quiet of her home was interrupted by banging at the door. Flute sighed and got up, if this was another bloody pamphlet person she was going to throw them down the stairs. Flute snickered at the idea, and opened her door expecting to have papers thrust in her face. Instead two giggling girls pushed past her and into her place. Luckily she did actually know them, her two best friends Rose and Savy.
"Geez Flute, could you have taken any longer to open the door," Savy said as she plopped herself down on the couch, dropping a bag behind her leg, just out of Flute's view.
"Did you forget we were coming over to celebrate your new job tonight?" Rose smiled as she saw Flute's confused expression.
"Ohh, snap, I had totally forgotten about tonight," Flute sighed. Today had been such a new experience for her that she had forgotten that the three had organised to have a girls night in tonight.
Rose grinned, "we knew that you would, that's why we decided to change things up a bit."
Flute felt a knot build in her chest, when Savy and Rose changed plans it usually meant trouble for Flute. Savy pulled the bag out from hiding and put it on the coffee table.
"Savy and I did a bit of shopping today, and we got you some gifts," Rose said, the grin still on her face. She reached into the bag and pulled out a parcel. Handing it to Flute she reached back in the bag and pulled out another parcel. Savy reached in and grabbed the third and final package from the bag. Unwrapping her package, Rose pulled out a gorgeous lavender coloured dress. The dress was strapless with a laced heart shaped bodice and ribbon belt that separated the bodice from a feather skirt. But Flute was far to distracted by the length of the dress to make a comment about the feathers. It was the shortest dress Flute had ever seen, she was damn sure that it would not much pass Rose's thighs. But Rose did not seem too bothered with the length, as she jumped up and scuffled off into Flute's bathroom. Minutes later Rose re-emerged from the bathroom, and confirmed Flute's prediction. Luckily Rose had the legs to pull off such a dress, Flute stared down at her package, all that more afraid of what awaited her. Savy got up and without opening her package walked to the bathroom. When she re-emerged she was in a curve hugging colour blocked dress. Again strapless, which Flute assumed hers would be too, but it had a deep green bodice and a blue skirt. The two colours were separated by a thick black belt. Hers was much longer than Rose's, reaching down to her knees. This lightened Flute's hopes that hers may have been long too.
"Are you going to open your present," Rose exclaimed, "I picked it out especially for you."
Flute's hands shook ever so slightly as she unwrapped her package, images of hot pinks and short strapless dresses flew through her mind. But she was quite surprised to find, that when she unwrapped her dress it was plain black, and even had sleeves. It had a wavy ribbed pattern and looked very classy.
"Not what you were expecting?" Savy laughed, apparently Flute had been cringing as she had taken apart the paper wrapping.
"I think its gorgeous," Flute said looking up at her friends.
"Well go try it on then," Rose said as she pushed Flute into the bathroom.
After a few minutes Savy and Rose heard a cry come from the bathroom.
"I cannot wear this it has holes in it. See!" Flute stormed out of the bathroom.
The dress had a low scoopneck and two oval holes, one on either side of Flutes rib cage.
"Not to mention its too short!" Flute scowled at her knees, which she could see due to the fact that the dress stopped about an inch above them.
"Why do I even need a dress like this, when am I ever going to use it?" she huffed at Rose.
"Tonight." Rose said with a wink.
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:44 PM Post #4
Flute felt really uncomfortable walking into the Club, she was not a social bunny like her friends and to be honest she felt that the dress Rose had given her was ten inches to short. Flute attempted to pull the dress over her butt for the tenth time since getting out of the taxi, a habit she was sure would become routine that night. Rose and Savy grabbed her arms and pulled her over to the bar. They ordered some drinks, while Flute stood there staring around.
"Flute find us a high table, with some chairs," Rose said to Flute while she handed the man behind the counter some money for the drinks. Flute walked away into the crowd trying to find a place for the three to congregate while they drank. Unfortunately for Flute, the only free table she could find was right beside the speaker system by the dance floor. Savy and Rose were ecstatic that they had gotten a spot so close to the floor. The two of them seemed so comfortable dancing to the music and pushing off the flirtatious men who came near to their table, Flute was too shy to talk to anyone and she hated club music. They spent the night chatting and occasionally dancing, always close to their table so they could keep claim over it.
"This is why we need a man to come clubbing with!" Rose said as they shooed another bunch away from the table, again.
"They could hold our purses and our tables. We wouldn't have to drink our drinks before we went out to dance," she sighed.
"Speaking of drinks," Savy butt in, "Flute its your turn to shout, I will have the same as last time, Rose?"
"Mhm, I think I will have what you had, Savy, it looked better than my drink." Rose pushed aside her finished bottle with a hint of disgust, "do not trust that bar tender when he says he knows what is good, Flute. He is totally full of it."
Flute reluctantly left the safety of her friends, and wandered off into the crowds back to the bar.
As she got close to the bar she noticed the rapid decrease in people, apparently the dance floor was the place to be. There was only one other person at the bar, sitting on a stool at the bar was a man. Not the primpy dressed up men that Flute had seen dancing around and hitting on all the girls in the club. In fact Flute felt that this guy did not belong in the club at all. He was just sitting there not even paying attention to the music, just sipping his beer. He was wearing denim jeans, and Flute could see the holes in the knees and the dirt that covered them. He was wearing a mauve V-neck T-shirt and a holy black jersey over top of it. The sleeves were rolled up and Flute could see cuts and scar on his skin. She saw the glint of a silver chain around his neck, travelling down his neck line and disappearing below his T-shirt. Flute could also see the definition of abs under his jersey. She imagined he was one of the men who was working cutting the trees on the hill, that would explain the ruggedness that oozed off of him. She jerked her eyes away, 'not good to gawk at such things, people might think I'm a pervert'. As soon as she thought that, she went back to checking him out. Adding to her fantasy that he worked in the lumber industry Flute could tell he was outside a lot, he had a nice tan that, under the light of the club, looked almost golden. But Flute knew that was the trick of the light, she looked down at her hands and they looked a slightly paler gold to his. He had Raven hair, that was scruffily bunched in a pony tail that fell past his shoulder blades. And strangely the tips of his hair had been dyed soft blue. Flute couldn't talk much though, as soon as she had left for collage she had dyed her hair silver blue, sick of her natural colour. Flute could not see his face, as he was sitting facing away from her. Finally reaching the bar she sat at a stool two down from him and waited for the bar tender to notice she was there. While sitting waiting for the bar tender, she inspected the guy some more. She noticed he wore a signet ring on his left thumb, but she could not see initials or a crest in the Club light. She shifted a bit closer to see if she could recognise anything on the ring, and its owner turned to face her. Flute was looking into the most gorgeous blue eyes she had ever seen, the iris' were a fluid blue that almost seemed to change colour like a running river would. But there was a harsh intensity that came from them, as though staring into a wild animal's that was cornered and ready to attack. She forced her eyes to release their stare, shifting her vision to his mouth. It was curled into a grin, or a snarl, Flute could not tell, but for a moment she wanted to lean in and steal a kiss from them. Luckily her body would not move let alone on her command. Suddenly she realised his lips were moving, he was talking. Flute finally in control of her body turned to look behind her, but there was no one there. So who was he talking to? Realising, a bit late, that he was talking to her she only caught the end of what he was saying.
"I'm sorry, pardon?" Flute said blushing for being so stupid.
"I said is there any particular reason you are staring at me?" he repeated, and again Flute was mesmerised, his voice was like boiling liquid being poured over her body, and yet it was like having ice pressed against her skin, she didn't know whether to shiver or fan herself.
"I.. uh" Flute stuttered, 'damn my shyness. Screw it I am talking to him if it kills me!'
"I was not staring at you, I was just examining your drink. What is it?"
"I'm drinking a Guinness, I don't think you would like it though," he said with a harsh tone.
'YOU FOOL, of all the things you could say, What is your drink? Seriously child,' Flute knew she was bad at talking to guys but that just took the cake. Determined to talk to this stranger Flute focused.
"And how do you know what I would like? I may be an avid Guinness drinker, for all you know," because arguing was going to work so well?
"Fine, you are an avid Guinness drinker, that does not know what Guinness looks like, what ever pleases you." He turned his body away and took a swig of his Guinness. He was obviously not interested in arguing, Flute sighed, she didn't want to argue either.
"Ohh, uhh. My name is Flute. What's yours?" Flute smiled, more at herself rather than to be friendly. A name was a good start to this new conversation. The man turned around on his stool to fully face Flute, 'Man I bet he's tall too', and gave her the once over. Flute suddenly felt very uncovered in her short dress, she tried to pull it over her legs more.
"Listen kid, why don't you go try hit on one of those sleaze bags out there, rather than waste my time with your pathetic efforts." The words cut into Flute like a knife stabbing, she had worked up the confidence to talk to him and was abused like that.
"I was just trying to be nice, sorry you are such an ass." Flute got up from her stool so roughly she knocked it over. The bar tender looked over and noticed she was there, finally, but Flute was not in the mood to drink any more.
"Maybe I will go out there and hit on one of them, at least they know how to talk nicely to a lady," Flute started to storm off in the direction of the dance floor, "ohh and FYI not every one is confident to talk to others, I was really trying to be nice to you!" with that she sped away from the bar. Flute got half way to the dance floor before she realised she had meant to get drinks for her friends too. She turned around hoping that he had left so she would not look like an idiot for forgetting, but he was still sitting there, watching her walk off. She could not go back to the bar with him there, but she could not go back to her friends empty handed. Flute decided the lesser of the two evils was her friends, she would make something up about the drinks. Back at the table Rose and Savy gave Flute confused looks.
"Couldn't you find the bar?" Rose joked.
"Ugh the bar tender was not around, and I need to go to the ladies room, but I have no idea where it is?" Flute lied, but as she said that she really did feel like she needed to go. Savy looked across the dance floor, and pointed to the other side.
"The toilets are on the other side of the dance floor."
"Seriously, are there none on this side, how am I supposed to get through that?" Flute looked at the raging mass of people between herself and the ladies room. Savy grabbed her hand.
"Its ok Flute we shall go through together, I need to go too. Rose look after the table," and with that Savy pulled Flute into the surge of sweaty bodies. The two of them weaved themselves through the people, never letting go of one another, and finally reached the toilets. As always in a club there was a bit of a queue for the ladies rooms, Flute stood in the line wondering why Clubs didn't just make more toilets for girls than boys. After a little wait they got into the toilets, and were ready to brave their way back through the dance floor and over to Rose. The two set off into the abyss, what Flute had decided to call every dance floor from now on. But as they wound their way through the crowds, the beat changed and the atmosphere around them became even more intense. Flute could not believe it could get any more hectic, but she was wrong. Suddenly an arm wound itself around Flute's waist, and she lost he grip on Savy. Cut off from her friend, Flute was pulled, by the arm, across the dance floor. Flute turned around to see her assailant but he took it that she wanted to get even closer and pulled her in tight. Flute could feel him breathing on her neck, and she was trying not to panic.
"Babe you're one hell of a thief. You stole my heart from across the room." Flute would have laughed at the lame pick-up line if she had not been so frightened at that moment.
"I'm Ren, lets get out of this crowd, eh?" the guy whispered in her ear, well at least Flute was sure he was aiming for her ear. In actual fact he spoke into her eye, and she could smell the alcohol on his breath. Pulling back from him, Flute shook her head, not wanting to breath in. The guy, Ren, did not take the hint and pulled her back in. He was far stronger than her, even as drunk as he was. Flute struggled a bit more but Ren grabbed her arm and started to squeeze. Flute cried out in pain, a boy had once done something similar to her at school, a chinese burn, and Flute had never forgotten the pain of that. One minute Ren was all over her trying to pull her over to a dark corner, then the next he had been pulled off her by someone else. Flute sighed in relief as he let go of her arm, she could see the bruises his fingers had made on her skin. Then her hand was taken by another, and she was pulled back as her attacker lunged at her and her saviour. Flute looked up and realised instantly who was protecting her, but she was utterly confused. Why was the rude jerk from the bar now between her and the crazy drunk guy? The two of them were also talking, Flute decided to get her hearing tested when she go home.
"Hey man! Can't you see I was dancing with her," Ren slurred out, pretty well for his level of intoxication.
"That's what you call dancing, ha! All I saw was some drunk idiot hurting my girl," the bar jerk responded. Flute tried to pull her hand away, how dare he say that she was his. But she stopped when he looked back at her pleadingly. That moment was a bad decision, as soon as he took his eyes of the other guy, Ren swung a punch at the two of them. Flute screamed as he came in contact with Bar Jerk's, as Flute had named him since he had not shared that information with her, right shoulder. Flute could feel the impact as Bar Jerk was holding her with his right hand. A jarring flew up Flute's arm, but she was sure that was nothing compared to what he was feeling. Bar Jerk wobbled back pulling Flute even further behind him, protecting her as Ren took another swing. This time Ren was not as fortunate with his attack, and missed Bar Jerk, who took the opportunity to grab Ren's throat with his left hand. Bar Jerk pulled Ren in close and whispered something in his ear, then flung him backwards a few steps. Bar Jerk then turned around and pulled Flute through the crowd, back to the other side.
"Jesus I didn't think you would actually go and do it. When I said go find a sleazy guy to hit on I was not being serious." Bar Jerk said as they walked.
"I didn't mean for that to happen," Flute grumbled, on the verge of tears. She had not had a very good night so far.
"Well lets get you out of here, I think that is enough for one night." Bar Jerk sighed as they stepped out of the crowds.
"FLUTE!!" Savy shouted as she half tackled half hugged Flute, "Don't ever let go of me again. I thought some crazy dude would molest you!"
Savy had obviously not seen Bar Jerk yet, she was fully focused on Flute. Flute shuffled her head in Bar Jerk's direction, and Savy finally noticed him.
"Ohh, hi, sorry I didn't see you there," Savy said going a bit red with embarrassment.
"Don't worry about it, I was just going to get, uhh, Flute a taxi." Bar Jerk said looking towards the exit.
"Ohh good idea, I think its time to leave, there was apparently a fight over near the toilets just moments ago. I will get Rose, and meet you outside, okay," Savy said as she wandered off to collect Rose. Flute looked back into the crowds, news traveled fast through the throng of people. But before she could say anything back, Bar Jerk was pulling her to the exit.
"Hey, I can walk by myself, you don't need to drag me out," Flute exclaimed, beginning to get annoyed with his attitude. One minute he was cold and nasty, the next all protective and caring.
"Ha. You know, I'm pretty sure you have yet to thank me for getting you out of that situation back there," he turned and looked back towards Flute, as if expecting her to say it right then.
"I would, but I don't know your name. How am I supposed to thank someone when they wont even share their name with me?" Flute suggested, raising an eyebrow.
Bar Jerk looked away from Flute, ignoring her question, and ignoring her previous request to let her go.
"Thank you for saving me," Flute said, adding in a hushed tone, "Bar Jerk."
Either he did not hear the last remark, or he was ignoring it, but Flute was sure she saw him nod in acceptance of her apology.
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:45 PM Post #5
As the two of them stepped outside, a chilling wind ripped across the street. Flute shivered, and was about to say something, but she walked into Bar Jerk who had suddenly stopped walking. He was staring up at the sky with a distasteful look on his face. Flute moved around him and looked up. All she could see was the sky, and the dark clouds slowly creeping across the moons surface.
"Huh, I thought the weather forecast had said it was going to be clear tonight, I guess it was wrong." Flute said turning to face Bar jerk. But she couldn't, he had gone. Flute looked down the street, but there was no sign of him. Flute felt another shiver run up her spine, but this one was not because of the wind. Savy and Rose walked out of the bar at that moment, giggling together. Savy looked at Flute then looked around.
"Hey what happened to that cute guy you were with, I was telling Rose all about him, she didn't believe that our plan had worked," Savy exclaimed still searching the streets.
"Ohh you totally made him up to get me out of the Club. It's cold out here, I want to go back inside and order a taxi from the bar," Rose said as she tried to turn back into the club.
"I'm not going back in there, I think I will walk home. See you guys later," Flute said, waving to her friends, she started to walk down the street in the direction of her apartment.
"Call me when you get home!" Savy shouted down the street. Although they got Flute in trouble often they were both really good friends and always looked out for her. They even tried to get her out of her hermit comfort zone, which non of her other "Friends" had ever done. Flute was half way down the street before she noticed she was being followed, behind her was a large dark dog. The dog was not full black, Flute could see that he had a lighter shade, in the clouded night it looked dark grey, through his coat and had lighter back fur than the raven of his body coat. He was a few paces behind and was limping slightly. Flute, although keen on animals, sped up to a fast walk, the best she could do in heals but as she turned the corner the dog did not follow. Instead Flute heard the shouting of a group of drunk men. They sounded really angry and Flute could hear them swearing about the fact that they would never go to that bar again. Panicked, all Flute could do was cross the road to be as far away from them as she could get. Unfortunately, Lady Luck was not on Flute's side, as just as she stepped up onto the pathway the men came tumbling around the corner, and lo and behold one of them happened to be the sleazy Ren that had caused her trouble in the club to begin with. Flute didn't care why they had been kicked out of the club, she just did not want them to see her. She walked in the shadows of the buildings, finally thankful for her dress, if she had been wearing what either Savy or Rose had she would have been surely noticed. The boys got ahead of her on the opposite side of the road, without noticing her. Flute sighed, she really just wanted to get to her apartment, lock the door and forget about tonight. After the guys had left Flute's sight she crossed back onto the right side of the road, and took off her heals so she could move faster. She walked past a few alcoves, and suddenly had the feeling she was being followed again.
"Are your legs tired, babe? Because you have been running trough my mind."
Flute turned abruptly and found Ren standing behind her eyeing her up as though she was a piece of candy.
"What the.. Where did you..?" Flute spluttered, how did he get behind her.
"I saw you cross the road, didn't want you to feel embarrassed in front of my friends." Ren said moving towards Flute. He seemed far more sober than he had been in the club. Flute took a step back, nervously pulling at her dress.
Ren looked up, and scanned the streets, "So hun where is your Boyfriend?"
"He was not my Boyfriend." Flute shot, then covered her mouth. Ren had a sickly sweet smile covering his face.
"Ohh no, not your boyfriend, I thought as much." Ren took two steps and caught Flute's wrist, Flute cried out as Ren's rough hands slid over the bruises he had given her earlier. As Flute struggled to loosen his grasp on her hand, the two heard a growling from behind Ren. He turned to see the black dog that had been following Flute just before, snarling at the two of them. Ren took a step backwards, squeezing Flute's wrist more as he stepped. Flute let out a little cry and the dog growled at Ren, who loosened his grip, but didn't let go of her. Taking one more step, Ren moved Flute between himself and the gnashing teeth. The dog however had other plans and lunged at the two, teeth clamping on the arm that had been holding Flute. Flute was thrown at the wall by the impact of the two and saw black.
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:45 PM Post #6
Belle hurried forwards to catch up with him. They entered the gates of the castle, and Belle saw that although the castle was beautiful, it was also in a state of dis-repair. There were rocks along the path that had either fallen from the wall that surrounded the castle, or off the castle itself.
"There are a few rules for you to obey while you stay here. The first is never leave the castle grounds. This forest still holds some of the old magic in it and wolves would be the least of your problem."
Belle shuffled closer to Beast to hear the rest of the rules. She was given free reign of the grounds and the lower levels, but under no circumstances was she allowed into the higher wings, especially the right tower, without the Beast. She did not need to worry about food or clothing, Beast apparently had servants that would do the cooking and acquire cloths for her.
"And most importantly, do not touch or move any of my relics, they are all very powerful and must stay where they are placed." Beast finished.
"Now it is late, I shall show you the castle and grounds tomorrow, but for now I shall take you to your bedroom."
The Beast took Belle through the castle, up the main stairs and down a corridor to what was to be her permanent residence. He then left Belle to rest for the night. Belle lay on the bed, but no matter how much she tried she could not fall asleep. Belle kept thinking of her father, and the terrible events of the day, but most especially Belle thought of the castle and Beast. He had said he would do her no harm, but why did he want her, Belle could not understand his reason for demanding her. Belle awoke the next morning, as the birds began their morning hymn, not remembering when she had gotten to sleep, nor the nightmares that had taunted her. Still tired she got up and found that a bath had been drawn for her and new cloths were sitting on a chair for her. The water was warm and smelled of roses and thyme, and as Belle lay in it, she could feel the weight of stress fly off her shoulders. Belle got dressed in the cloths laid out for her, surprised that the dress and shoes fit so well, she did a turn in a mirror, feeling as though nothing could go wrong. Belle then left her room in search of the kitchen for something to eat. She had, after all not eaten since the morning before. Walking down the stairs in the great hall, Belle heard a noise. It was the sound of small girls giggling, and it was coming from behind a door directly across the hall. Belle peaked through the door, careful not to scare who ever was making the giggling sound, but she found herself in a greenhouse, filled with the most beautiful flowers, and a pond in the middle of the room with a small fountain in the centre. Though she searched all around Belle could find no one else in the room. Confused she turned to leave, and heard the giggling and a splash come from the pond. She walked over quietly to examine the pond, and from behind her came a voice.
"Faeries are sneaky little creatures, harmless but sneaky."
Belle jumped with fright and turned to face the Beast.
"Faeries? But faeries are not real," Belle began to say, when she was suddenly splashed from behind, a small gasp escaped into the air. Belle turned again to face the pond, but still could see no one or thing that could have splashed her. Beast chuckled, and spoke in a language Belle had never heard before. A small head popped up from below the surface of the pond, and then another, no bigger than a thimble. Followed by the heads were tiny wee torsos, wings fluttering behind to keep them up, and tail fins, like the ones Belle had read of in stories of mermaids. Belle stifled a gasp, as the two faeries fluttered above the water for a couple of seconds then splashed back into the water, giggling all the while.
"They are very real. But humans are cruel and hurt faeries, so they try to stay hidden. These two I found trapped in a net down by the sea, they cannot fly long distances as one's wing was broken. Now they live here, playing around in the pond and keeping these flowers beautiful," Beast said, and Belle could hear the affection in his voice.
"They are not the only fae creatures that live with me. You should be careful, though, some of my other residents are more spiteful then these two."
Beast walked out of the greenhouse, Belle followed but turned back to see the two faerie heads watching them from the water. True to his word the beast showed Belle around the castle and its grounds. At first Belle was surprised at how big the gardens were compared to the rest of the castle, but on her third day in the castle the beast took her up to one of the towers of the left wing of the castle, through a window she could see her whole surroundings. The castle itself was huge, but as Belle had noticed, a lot of it was in ruins. A lot of the castle was cut off due to destruction, and Bell could see that there had been attempts to stop the corrosion from spreading.
"I know there is not much to do here, but maybe your time will be more enjoyable with this," Beast said as Belle turned back to face the door they had come to. Beast opened the door in front of the two and walked into a giant library. Belle was amazed at the size of the room, she would have never guessed from the ground floors that the wings could hold this much space. As for the books, Belle had never seen so many books in her life. But the books were not the only objects in the room. Against a wall there stood a giant ornate painting. As Belle walked up to the painting she could see a field of wild flowers and small cottages that reminded her of home. Belle, who missed her father dearly, wondered how he coped without her. She had thought to ask Beast if she could write him, but worried Beast would be angered by this. As she stared at the painting it started to change. From the rolling flower meadows to the interior of a cottage that looked identical to her own, there was a man sitting in the middle of the room, hunched over.
"Father! But how?" Belle exclaimed as the man coughed getting up and Belle recognised her father. She turned to the Beast, he had shown her many strange and magical things, but she could not believe this was real.
"This is one of three magical mirrors. Two reside in the castle, and one was smashed and only shards remain," Beast said walking towards Belle.
"What do the mirrors do?" Belle asked, still not sure what she was looking at.
"This one shows the viewer what they wish the most, the second can transport a person wherever they desire. Of the third, I do not know the power of it when it was whole, but if one were to have a shard they could communicate with any other who possessed a shard."
Belle looked back to the mirror, the mirror did indeed show her what she wished the most, her home and father.
"I know that you miss your father, your life, so I decided, you may visit this library at any time you like. I wish I could do more."
Beast walked towards the door, stopping just as he got to it, "I am sorry," he said as he left the room.
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:46 PM Post #7
Flute awoke with a start, and then regretted it. Her head was abuzz with pain and when she leaned over she felt a sharp throb in her shoulder. Sitting up she looked into the mirror and saw how bad she looked. There was a graze on her left cheek and the sleeve on her right arm had been ripped to expose her shoulder, which was all kinds of purples, reds and blacks. Flute had not taken her make up off when she had gotten home and it was smudged all over her face. She looked down at her wrist to see the chinese burn bruises then sharply looked back at the mirror. Looking around Flute started to panic, she did not own a wall mirror, let alone have one in her room. Where on earth was she? The room looked old, and there was dust almost everywhere, except the bed, which had fresh sheets. There was a door on the other side of the room, Flute forced herself to get up and limped over to the door. It was not locked, but definitely needed a good oiling as it creaked like bloody murder when she opened it. Luckily, it seemed, no one was home. Flute stepped out into a dark corridor, unable to find a light switch it remained dark as she wandered about. Where ever she was, it was old and in some state of dis-repair. The carpet was worn, in some places so much so that the wood underneath showed in large patches. Along the walls, framed in molded wood, were the tattered remains of paintings, so far gone Flute could not recognise the material in any of them. The corridor finally opened up to a main stairwell, lit by a giant candle chandelier. Flute could not believe the size of it, she was sure that in its day, this place would have been amazing. Like with the corridor the stairs looked worse for ware, but Flute did not really pay attention the them. Her attention was on the wall across from the stairs, or there in lack of wall. A tree had fallen through the wall, letting in the wild outside. Roots of other trees and moss covered the floor and the exposure of wind and rain had all but ruined what remained down there.
"Where the heck am I?" Flute muttered to herself.
A snuffle beside her leg startled Flute. Laying at the top of the stairs was the large dog that had been following her before. Under the flicker of the light she could make it out better than she could on the street. The dog looked like a cross between a German Shepherd and a wolf. It had a black body, with almost plum coloured markings, and its mane was navy blue with cyan flecks. Flute had never seen a dog with those colourings before.
"And I suppose you brought me here?" Flute said sarcastically.
The dogs ear flickered as Flute spoke, but other than that it paid no attention to her. Flute stepped cautiously down the stairs, wary of the age and stability of the stairs. She wanted to get out of the rotting building before anything bad happened. At the bottom of the stairs, she looked back up, the dog had not moved from the top but it was now looking at her, with fluid blue eyes that she felt had looked over her prior that night.
"Well I am going now. You can tell your master that it was very, ahh, nice of them to look after me." Flute felt crazy talking to a dog, "Unless you want to tell me how to get out of here."
Figures, the dog didn't speak. Flute wondered why she thought she'd get a response from it anyway. The dog stood up and stretched, and Flute saw a glint of gold around its neck, a collar perhaps. It padded down the stairs, and sat next to Flute, as if waiting for her to leave. Flute could see on the collar an emblem with ivy and the initials BF engraved on it. So BF was either the dogs initials or the initials of its master.
"BF?" Flute asked cautiously.
The dog perked at the sound, obviously its name. Then it trotted off towards a set of doors across from the stairs. Nudging the doors open, BF trotted outside. All Flute could do was follow, in the hopes that this was the exit and not the way further into this desolate castle. Flute found herself outside, it was still dark, but Flute could see the slow grey of light that heralded the dawn.
Flute wasn't sure what it wanted from her.
"I cannot steal a car," she laughed when he pawed at the door.
BF barked at the door. Flute sighed mumbling that the car was probably locked any way. She was surprised to find that, not only was the door unlocked, but when she looked over to the wheel the keys were in the engine. BF hopped up into the passenger chair, and whined at Flute.
"Ahh, I don't think so, I am not getting in the drivers seat," Flute shook her head as BF nudged the wheel.
"Geez. Fine, but when we crash, I am blaming you!" Flute growled as she shut the passenger door and walked around to the drivers side. Flute had only driven a few times back home, and had never actually gone for her licence. This suited her well in the new city, as rentals with garages were well beyond her price range, and anything worth visiting was either a short walk or bus trip away. Hopping behind the wheel, Flute nervously turned the car on. This was ridiculous, she was stealing a car from a stranger that had brought her home and tended her wounds. But at the same time, they had taken her, and that made Flute a bit uncomfortable. They could have taken her to the ER, or the police, they didn't need to take her all the way out to where she now drove from.

Flute got the car back to her apartment safely, it helped that it was still too early for the roads to be busy. As she parked the car on the side of the road she realised that she hadn't left any forwarding details at the place. How was she going to get the owner of the dog and car to pick them up.
"Well whose dumb idea was this, eh?" she grumbled as she opened the apartment complex door with BF in tow. There was a package in her mail slot, so Flute grabbed it and headed up the stairs to her place. As she got to the door she opened the package. There was a letter and a small blue box in the package. The letter read:
'As a sigh of friendship, I thought I would give you this. I hope this lights the way on your journey. ~ Willow'
Willow, as in the purple haired girl at the store. Flute wondered how she had found out where Flute lived. Starting to think that this night was full of creepy events she opened the box to see the broach that Willow had bought in the store earlier.
"What the?" Flute mumbled out loud as she picked the gift up.
"Its a broach, geez have you never seen a broach before," A voice behind her growled. It was the voice of the jerk from the bar. Whirling around, there was no one behind Flute except the dog.
"Are you stalking me? I will call the cops," Flute called into the hallway hoping that her threat would scare him off, where ever he was.
"Ohh please, you were the one who asked me to get YOU home," the voice growled again.
Flute looked down at BF, the dog had just spoken to her.
"Di..Di..Did you just speak?" Flute stuttered, stepping backwards into her apartment as she did.
BF looked up in surprise, as if he hadn't realised she had heard him.
"Wait, you can understand me! How?" The dog barked at Flute, who screamed and slammed the door. There was a freaking talking dog outside her door. On the other side of the door she could hear him pawing against the door.
"Wait, please I won't hurt you. Plea.." the end of the sentence turned into howling. Flute had taken a few steps backwards and tripped over her sofa, dropping the broach in the process. Looking at the broach, and then at the door, Flute picked the broach up then put it down. Every time she had it in her hand she could understand the dog, when she was not in contact with it she couldn't. Picking the broach up one last time she edged over to the door.
"Shut up, if you wake my neighbours we are both screwed!" She growled through the door at BF.
"If I let you in will you promise not to make any more loud noises?"
"Yes." BF huffed on the other side of the door.
Flute opened the door for BF, who trotted inside and sat down beside the couch, quiet at last.
"So you can hear me?" BF dove right in.
"Uhh, apparently. But only when I am holding this," Flute held out the broach.
"And where did you get that?" BF growled at the broach as if it would jump out of Flute's hand and bite him.
"It was an item in the store where I work. But a lady bought it today," Flute said, looking at the broach.
"Why can you talk?" She asked BF, "Dogs can't talk, so am I going crazy?"
"I'm not a dog," BF said, as that whole sentence was going to clear everything up. Flute looked at him in dis belief.
"I am a man. I was just cursed to take the form of a dog, of sorts," BF looked at his tail as it wagged.
"Ohh right, I am supposed to believe that? So how come you sound like a guy I met earlier?" Flute was sure that she was going crazy, the crack in her head must have been more serious than she had realised.
"That would be because that man was me. I am only allowed to return to my human form on a clear night under the full moon."
"Ohh so like reverse werewolf, right I think I am going to call the ER." Flute walked over to her phone.
"No! Wait" BF barked, "the woman who bought the broach, if I am correct, she can corroborate my story."
"Fine I wont call the ER till I find her, and so help me if I have brain damage you are dead!" Flute growled as she stomped off to her bedroom to get some sleep.

It was mid day before Flute and BF found Willow. She had been just about to go ask her boss if she knew where Willow would be when she saw the purple haired girl sitting in one of the outdoor seats of the coffee shop.
"Ohh Flute, hi," She waved as Flute and BF walked over to her.
"I see you got my gift, I just felt that it would be better on you," Willow laughed pointing to the broach that was pinned to Flutes jersey.
"Hey Flute, I see you managed to get home all right last night," Rose came out of the store with an Iced drink for Willow.
"I hope you let Savy know you were okay, she was so worried about you!" Rose eyed Flute, who after getting home had totally forgotten to let Savy know she was fine.
"And who is this handsome devil?" Rose said crouching down to pat BF, who made some snide comment about becoming a real devil if she touched him again.
"BF?" Rose read on his collar, "Ohh Flute, when we said you needed to get a boyfriend we did mean a human bf."
"Ha she is funny, I like her," BF chuckled.
"What No!" Flute snapped at BF, then looking at Rose and Willow, she continued, "I didn't name him, he came with that. I am looking after him for a friend."
Rose chuckled and went back inside, Flute felt as though she had not been convincing enough. Remembering why the two were there, Flute turned to Willow.
"You gave this to me? How did you know where I lived?"
"I asked your boss, said we had bumped into each other and I had accidentally picked something of yours up." Willow winked, she was better at lying than Flute was apparently.
Rose came back out with an Iced coffee for Flute and a Mocha for herself, "Ahh break time."
"Ohh that's pretty, Flute. Did you get it from the store?" Rose was pointing at the broach.
"Yes, Willow bought it for me as a gift."
"Ohh thats cool, I didn't even know you two knew each other, can I have a look at it?" Rose asked. Flute felt defensive about the broach, what if Rose could hear BF too. But then at least Flute would know she was not going crazy. She unpinned it and handed it to Rose, tentatively.
"Wow the details are amazing, all the little ridges and pasterns on the star, and the gem, I bet that's blue topaz," Either BF wasn't talking or Rose couldn't hear him like Flute could. She looked down at him, who was looking back to her inquisitively. Nodding her head slightly, BF began to growl quietly, Flute guessed this was what was heard when he was talking to her. But to Flute's relief Rose didn't react. Flute didn't know why she was happy that Rose couldn't hear BF, but she realised that although she thought she was going crazy, it was her crazy thing.
"Can I have a look, I did some rare stone studies at school?" Willow asked Rose, who nodded and handed the stone over. BF's growls got louder and more rapid. Willow smirked at the him.
"Seems like he doesn't want me messing around with your star," She chuckled handing the broach back to Flute.
"Keen eye Rose, it was blue topaz, the clearest one I have ever seen," Willow turned back to Rose.
"So about what we were talking about earlier, I can have it made for you in about a week's time, depending on the size."
Flute looked at the two confused. Rose explained, Willow owned a carving store, and was making a custom bird bath for Rose's mother, who was having a birthday soon.
"Yeah I can carve stone, wood and I even tried my hand at metal works, though I am not so good at the latter to be honest." Willow blushed modestly.
""If you want you can come around and check the store out, Rose was going to come over after her shift," Willow invited.
Figuring it was a better place to ask about the broach, Flute agreed, and herself, Willow and BF set off to Willow's shop, leaving Rose to finish off her shift with directions to the store. It wasn't too far away. Willow chatted about what had gotten her into the craft on the way, and about how she had originally studied to be an archaeologist, but had not been to good at the technical science part of the job. Flute was about to pluck up the courage to ask about the broach as they walked through the door when Willow interrupted her. "You know that broach, I looked it up, and it has magical abilities. Google didn't say what the abilities were, but wouldn't that be cool if it could turn you invisible, or give you telekinesis."
Well that answered Flute's question, sort of.
"You believe in magic?" Flute queried, not wanting to sound like a cynic.
"I believe that once, the world was full of magic, but that through technology, science and people wasting it, there is not much left in the world," Willow sighed, heavily, anyway, what do you think of the store. Some of these are commissions and some were just me messing about trying to get compositions."
Flute had to admit, that as much as she was not a statue person, Willow did a good job. The two were talking about a small deer creature, Willow called a kirin, when she stopped and stared at an empty space.
"Everything okay?" Flute asked, Willow had a look on her face, half way between fear and anger. Snapping out of her moment Willow looked at Flute with a bit of confusion.
"Ohh yes, one of my staff must have misplaced an important work. At least I hope they did not sell it. The customer was paying a lot for it." Willow glared back at the empty space, as though she was hunting the statue that had been there.
"Well anyway, it was nice to see you again, and maybe we can hang out later. I really should go find that work," Willow said, near shooing Flute and BF out the store.
"Well at least you know YOUR not crazy." BF said, looking back at the shop.
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:46 PM Post #8
While Belle was getting used to the castle and the company of the Beast and his companions, her father had persuaded the entire village that she had been kidnapped by a hideous beast. All of the young men had decided to hunt the beast and kill it, as young men strove for glory and what better way than to save a damsel in distress. One stood out more eager than the rest, a young man named Erin. Erin had known Belle since they were little, and had always imagined marrying her, but Belle had never seemed interested in the idea of marriage. Now Erin felt that if he could save Belle from the horrid beast, she would finally see him as the suitor he so desired to be. Erin had gathered a group of men to help him against the ferocious creature, and the band headed off in search for the castle of the Beast. However, Belle did not feel like she was a captive for a monster. After the Beast had showed her the library with the magic mirror, the two had gotten along well. Belle still missed her home, but she was beginning to see that the Beast was a caring creature. A lot of the companions he allowed live at the castle were creatures injured by humans. Belle had help him nurse a unicorn foul, whose mother was killed and de-horned by hunters, and had learned how to live off the forest by a tree nymph who had been taken from her home and sold to a spoiled rich child, who had tortured her for fun. These creatures, that had been hurt so bad by humans, felt safe around the Beast. The two often chatted, Belle would tell him about the stories in the books she was reading, and Beast would sit and listen. One night he even told her about the curse that had transformed him, and his wishes to overcome the spell. The Beast had long since forgiven the witch, and realised that his poisonous attitude had deserved the fate it caused. But he hoped that since, he had grown and learned from this. Belle wanted to help but she didn't know how to break such a curse. Belle had decided to do something nice for Beast, to thank him for the kindness he had not only shown her, but that he had shown all the creatures that had happened upon his home. A small feast had been prepared in one of the castles gardens, and Belle planned to give the Beast her broach as a gift, to help him on his journey, as it had helped her. But as the party sat down to eat, the men from the village stormed the walls.
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:47 PM Post #9
It had been a month since Flute had met BF, he had decided to move himself into her home, and occupy most of her lounge. Savy and Rose liked the idea of Flute having a protective pet in her home, never mind the fact that the apartment didn't allow pets. Flute kept reminding herself that he wasn't a pet, but a man cursed in this form. He had promised her that when the next full moon arose that he would, in his human form, explain everything to her. As it happened, the next full moon was tonight. Flute was nervous about what would happen. The last time she had encountered him in his human form, the two had not gotten along. Flute wanted to know, why after their rude meeting, was BF sticking to her like glue. But right now she had a more pressing matter at hand, men's shopping. The one thing BF had told Flute was that when he did transform, unfortunately, his cloths disappeared, so when he turned back into a human tonight, he would be stark naked. So it had been up to Flute to go and get him some cloths to wear. She had been fine in the pants isle, denim jeans, she had gotten a few sizes not knowing the right fit, and had gotten some T-shirts and a jersey similar to what he has been wearing on the night they met. However now she was stuck in the underwear isle, and panicking.
Was BF a boxers or briefs, or a commando guy. Picking up a pack of briefs, Flute went bright red. She couldn't do this, getting underwear was personal. Looking about Flute decided to get some help from a staff member that was wandering about. The woman came over and helped Flute select some underwear, "her boyfriend would be very happy with". Flute turned an even brighter shade of red at this comment. How every she was happy to have that part of her shopping over. Now she needed to get to her evening classes at the university.

It was late before Flute got home. The Lecturer had run over time and then she had had to wait for Savy to finish a tutorial group, as Savy had let Flute store her shopping in Savy's car. At Least BF couldn't get mad about Flute walking home alone tonight. The moon had just peaked out from behind a solo cloud as she got to the apartment. Getting to the door she could hear talking coming from inside.
"Yeah I know its not safe for her to be alone, but it's not like I can go everywhere with her,"
Flute wondered who BF was talking to and about.
"Well I am not the one who got her involved... Well yes I did that, but could I have just left... ohh its useless arguing with you. Look she will be home any minute and then it will be all out on the table. You just keep an eye out for HER!" BF growled the last word.
Flute waited a few minutes before opening the door, she didn't want it to seem like she was listening in, even if she was. Standing in her living room, towel rapped around his waist, was the human BF. As soon as she opened the door she flung the bags of cloths at him and shooed him off to the bedroom to change. She didn't miss the chance to confirm her earlier peeping that he had a nice set of abs, but she wasn't going to admit it out loud. Minutes later, a fully dressed BF walked out of the bedroom. Flute noticed that he had the necklace and ring he had been wearing in the bar.
"The jewelery gets turned into my collar," BF said, noticing Flute staring at his ring. Flute feeling more brave than she had done in the bar decided to give BF the once over that he had given her. Though to her dismay she felt more like she was ogling him rather than giving him the piercing look he had given her. She had done well clothing wise, though she doubted there was an outfit that did not suit him. BF had snatched one of her more plain hair bands and had pulled his long hair off his face, though Flute thought he had looked better in the ponytail.
"So where do we begin?" she asked tentatively, realising he was watching her watching him.
"Ask anything you want, if I can I will answer." Blunt as ever, Flute realised that when he was in his dog form his voice did not force the tingle up her spine that his human form did.
"Why did the witch curse you?" Flute decided to start at the beginning and work her way out, she hoped that the night would stay clear enough for them to get through everything.
"Long ago, and yes before you ask the curse stopped me from ageing, I was a young and dumb noble," BF sighed as if reaching back that far hurt, "I did some stupid things and fell in what I though was love with a really bad woman."
Flute stood there listening to BF re-tell the fairy tale she had heard as a kid, with a few differences here and there.
"The witch was trying to save me from the path I was going down. Or at least that's what she has told me when we have encountered each other since," Talking about the witch was a tender topic for BF, unlike the beast in Flutes story BF had not yet forgiven her.
"So to break the curse, what, you have to find true love?" Flute was quoting from every fairy tale that had ever been written.
"I am pretty sure that I have to find someone who can love me for me and vice versa." BF looked at the floor, so pretty much after all the years of being trapped in this form he still didn't know how to break the curse. Flute sighed. "So BF are your initials, I presume that I am not privy to your full name?" she asked hopefully.
BF chuckled, "What is it with you and names?"
"Well you know its easier to talk to someone when you know their name."
"For now I don't want you to know, I don't want you searching my past out. Promise me you wont?" BF had that same pleading look he had when he had been holding her back from Ren.
"I promise," Flute mentally crossed her fingers, BF was leaving out important information and she would hunt for it, "what happened that night after I got knocked out?"
"Ohh," BF turned a little red, "well I ripped into that guy for a bit, and then the moon came out from behind those clouds."
"Please tell me that your car was just around the corner and you got a set of cloths from it," Flute didn't know if she wanted to really know.
"I didn't run around naked with you, if that's what you are asking. I took his pants and jacket." BF went quiet. Flute was a little shocked by what she had just heard. Thankful he hadn't walked about naked with her, but as much as she wanted the other guy to deserve being beaten and robbed, he didn't.
"I used your phone to call an ambulance for him, so I am sure he is fine now."
She had wanted to put this next question off for a bit longer, but she couldn't think of anything else to ask and after that she couldn't understand why he took her.
"So if you called an ambulance, why didn't you leave me too? Why did you even look out for me in the club?" Flute felt her voice raise but she didn't mean to sound angry.
"You remember what you said to me in the Club, no one has ever talked to me like that."
Flute waited for the rest of his answer, but the two stood there in silence. Finally breaking the silence BF spoke.
"I don't know, you intrigued me, and I felt this need to protect you. To be honest you did need it, that guy was a sleaze bag." BF raised his voice in defense, "Please can we not talk about it. How about we go out, I can treat you to a Guinness," he smirked, obviously trying to lighten the mood.
Flute nodded in defeat, then realised that she had forgotten to buy him shoes.
"I have a pair in my car, I will run down and get them." Flute had been staring at BF's feet, it wasn't like he could read minds. While he was getting his shoes from the car that Flute had never actually returned, not that it needed to go back, she went and changed into a fresh shirt and primped. Racking her brain over what she had learned so far, there was one thing that was bothering her. In the fairy tale, the old lady had turned the princess to stone, BF never actually said what happened to his lady friend. And the fact that he had encountered the witch, what sounded like a few times since, did that mean she was still present. She would have to ask him about those, but she didn't want to set off another awkward moment between the two. BF returned with shoes and a jacket. He had also tied his hair up, giving Flute back her head band.
"So, are you taking me anywhere in particular?" Flute asked.
"Well before you got home, that chick, Willow rang and invited you to a little bar," BF smiled, "I know I shouldn't have answered the phone. But it's fine, I said I was your room mate, so she invited me too."
Flute smiled back, wary. Either Willow had rung before the conversation that Flute over heard or she was the other person on the end of the line. Flute would call her out on that at this bar they were going to.
"And just to be on the safe side, I think I will drive this time," BF chuckled.

The bar Willow had invited them to was small, and full of students. Being a campus bar it was more like a little cottage turned restaurant bar. Flute really liked it, the music wasn't obnoxiously loud and the people weren't screaming and dancing around like mad men. She had wished Savy and Rose would take her to places like this more often, she could handle going out if it were this. Spotting Willow at the bar, it wasn't easyy to miss her with her purple hair and black skull dress, that Flute was sure was actually a long T-shirt, with a belt high on her waist, Flute and BF made their way over to her.
"You made it!" She hugged Flute as if they were bff that hadn't seen each other in an age, "And I see you brought a friend, I'm Willow." The girl was fearless, BF was giving her the deadliest glare Flute had ever seen, and Willow was either oblivious of it or didn't care, as she stuck her hand out to greet BF. To Flute's surprise, BF took Willow's hand and grumbled a nice to meet you, avoiding the name thing again.
"So Flute, you left the cute puppy at home. Pity." If Flute had thought that BF's glare before was ferocious, it just got notched up an ounce more with him blushing at that comment. But even with daggers in his eyes, Flute noticed that the girl behind the bar was smiling at him and others were watching the group. Now Flute was beginning to understand his sour mood at the club, if she had people ogling over her the way they ogled him she would put off the same sort of shield.
"Hun how bout you get us some drinks," Willow waved BF off to the bartender and pulled Flute to a booth. This was actually to Flute's favour as she wanted to confront Willow without BF.
"I didn't know you had a flat mate, and a handsome one at that," Willow said laughing.
"I think you know he is not my flat mate," Flute said with a serious tone.
"Ehh," Willow still had her innocent as ever smile, but her eyes played a different tune.
"You know who he is, and I know who you are. He told me everything," Flute bluffed.
"Hun you need to practice yer poker face, he didn't tell you anything, and that's what's bothering you." Willow sighed, "leave it up to men to explain things."
"So tell me what I need to know?" Flute got hopeful, maybe Willow would answer her questions.
"Well you know who I am. And you know who he is... for the most part. But there is another in this equation." Willow had stopped smiling.
"His old lover," Flute felt like this conversation was not moving fast enough, BF would be here soon with the drinks and Flute knew that Willow would shut up when that happened.
"She wasn't his lover, she was a monster. A demon that preyed on men and stole their love. You know that she still has a hold on his heart, that's why he is what he is. I tried to help, but there is only so much magic that can keep a woman like her at bay. And I am sure you have noticed but magic is a bit of a rare thing these days."
"So why am I part of this?" The question Flute wanted answered the most.
"Because you are... About time, geez and I thought you would have difficulty getting away from that bar with all the ladies flocking about," Flute almost swore out loud. Great timing BF! Plopping down beside Flute, BF sighed heavily, before distributing the drinks out. BF had ordered for himself a lemonade, Willow a vodka, lemon and lime, and for Flute, a half pint of Guinness. Flute took one sip of the Guinness, BF watching her the whole time, and struggled to swallow the disgusting beverage. BF laughed and took the Guinness, passing Flute the lemonade.
"Next time you tell me what you really want to drink, okay?" He chuckled wiping some of the froth off Flute's lip. Willow sat quietly, smirking on the other side of the booth. This did not last long, she had an act to keep up. Willow chatted about the most mundane things, the weather, which had been miserable the last week and was surprisingly nice tonight, and the increase of customers at her store. Flute only paid the chatter half her attention, BF seemed more talkative at least. His sour glare had cooled and the two were having an in-depth discussion about statues. Willow was saying something about a theft in the store and BF was questioning the sanity of a statue thief. Flute just couldn't get what Willow had been about to say out of her head. Looking up at the suddenly quiet pair, Flute realised someone had asked her a question.
"Pardon?" Flute blushed.
"She did that to me when we first met too," BF pointed out, making Flute blush even harder.
"I asked if you wanted to dance?" Willow replied.
Before Flute could answer, Willow stood up and pulled the two to the small dance floor, then disappeared into the arms of a stranger. Flute was a terrible dancer, she had always felt like she had two left feet. But BF took her hand reassuringly and pulled her in close. At least the song was a slow one, so the two could dance close without it looking weird.
"I hope you are having a good night," BF whispered in her ear. Flute was sure that with him being this close he would have felt the tingle that slid up her spine, but if he did, he took no notice of it. The two danced in silence for a few more minutes, but the silence was broken when Willow came hurrying back to the two.
"Well I don't know about you guys but I think we should call it a night," There was an urgency in her voice. BF grunted in agreement and the three left the bar. Outside, Flute could see dark clouds creeping rapidly across the sky. BF handed Flute the keys, If we get pulled over I will explain that I accidentally had too much to drink, don't worry," he reassured her.
"Just don't drive like the maniac you did last time."
Easier said than done, but luck was on their side as Flute encountered little traffic and no cops on their way home.
"Remind me next time to teach you how to drive," BF said getting out of the car and hurrying into the apartment block. Getting into the apartment, BF told Flute to cover her eyes. Flute glimpsed through the window, the clouds reach the moon, before she did as she was told.
"Don't open your eyes till I say, okay," BF ordered.
A few moments later Flute heard a bark. Taking her hands away from her eyes she saw clothing flung everywhere. There was a shirt over the back of the chair and shoes flung into the kitchen. Flute couldn't see any pants about the place. Picking up her broach and pinning it to her chest she turned to BF.
"Sorry about the mess, I didn't want your money to go to waste," BF grumbled and padded over to the couch, "sorry about the pants and stuff."
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:47 PM Post #10
Flute had a sleepless night, every time she felt herself dozing off, she would have nightmares. Flute didn't even remember what the nightmares were about. Statues stalking her in a forest, and gun shots, were fragments of what she did remember. She had set her alarm early, and headed to university, claiming to the sleepy BF that she had an assignment she wanted to get started on early. In fact she was going to research as much as she could off of what little information she had been given the night before. First she searched the internet on noble families in the area with the same insignia that was on BF's ring, to no avail. Then she searched through some paper records of old castles. She found one reference to the castle BF had been living in, but it was not a great lead. It did give her dates, however, so Flute went hunting for a book that had the families from those dates. The librarian was very helpful, every time Flute asked for help on a book or letters she would find them in minutes. She had actually gotten very interested in what Flute was doing and Flute noticed she was all but ignoring everyone else.
"So how long have you worked in the library?" Flute asked, flipping pages of an old register for the region.
"I am pretty new at the job," The librarian laughed, "Is it obvious?"
"No, I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you here before, but then again its not like I am a regular."
Something about the attention that the librarian was giving her was making Flute uncomfortable.
"I'm Lily, by the way." Apparently she wasn't fussed about the people waiting at the counter trying to get books out. Looking up at the noise that was being made at the counter, Flute was sure she heard Lily swear under her breath, before the librarian got up to do her job. Flute sighed in relief. She had just found a reference to an old painting that had been in the house. The painting had been of the owners. The reference photo had no names, but Flute recognised BF from the painting. As she had figured, nothing looked bad on him, including the lady attached to his arm. Looking closer at the woman, Flute froze. Ripping the page from the book, carefully, Flute packed all her stuff up and went to leave. But the person that had been in that picture was watching her like a hawk. Flute smiled and waved at Lily before she headed into the bathroom. Grabbing her phone from her bag Flute dialed home, hoping that BF would be close to the answer machine. As it was Willow answered.
"Residence of Flute, how may I direct your call," Willow had a ridiculous phone operator voice on.
"Willow, what are you doing at my house, how did you get in?" Flute whispered.
"I am having a chat with the man of the house, and come on Flute I'm a witch, I think I can get into a locked house."
"Do you often go to my house when I am not there?"
"... No.. Flute why are you whispering?" Willow asked, Flute had not expected to talk to anyone and Willow picking up had been a huge distraction.
"Shoot, look I think I am in trouble," Flute whispered more urgently, she had now been in the toilets for a while.
"Uhh huh, why?" Willow's voice sounded suspicious and Flute could hear BF grumbling in the background for Willow to put the phone to speaker. Flute hoped that she hadn't.
"I was looking for information on BF, seeing as he told me nothing," Flute began but was interrupted by an angry growl on the other end of the phone.
"You did what! After I asked you not to, do promises mean nothing to people these days?" BF was spitting tacks through the phone.
"Look, shut up and let me finish, you can scold me later. I found a photo of one of the paintings in your house. And the woman in the painting, the one around your arm, she is here!" Flute's whisper had gotten louder.
"What do you mean 'Here'. Where?" BF asked.
"Here as in here at the library, here as in guarding the exit. Here as in she is freaking me out!" Flute frantically announced.
"Flute go hide in the library, we will be there shortly," BF growled.
"No, don't hide. She will think its a game. Go to the most public and busy part of the library and stay there," Willow countered BF's strategy.
That was easier said than done, when Flute left the toilets the library was near deserted. There were a bunch of boys on the computers plugged into some online game, and a student furiously jotting down notes as he read and listened to music, but everyone else had vanished, including Lily. Flute cautioned her way to the door, if she could get out of the library she could get to Willow and BF faster. Just as she got to the doors Lily reappeared behind her.
"Leaving so soon, did you find what you needed?" She asked, though Flute could feel the tension in her voice as she pretended to be sincere.
"Ohh no, I got a phone call from work. They are flat out and need me to come in for an early shift." Flute hoped she fell for it. But the grin on Lily's face told Flute, she didn't.
"Your job. Ohh you mean that run down antique store, I highly doubt that its buy enough to warrant you going in early. Especially on a day you don't even work."
This freaked Flute out more than the fact that Willow could get into her house with out her knowing it.
"No, I think you found something important, I think you found something related to me." Lily sneered at Flute.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.