Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > The School (Magic/Fantasy)
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Waternixie
Level 63
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 25
Posted: 11/8/2014 at 2:54 AM Post #1
Now then, because the last description sucked, let's restart.

Mistress Araina's School for Monsters and Other Fantastical and Magical Creatures (M.A.S.M.O.F.M.C.), is a boarding school dedicated to educating and housing magical, mystical, and supernatural creatures of all types. It ranges from grade 6 to grade 16 and has a very unique set-up. What grade is not based on what age you are, but rather, your intellect. Before each school year you must come in and take a placement exam. How you score on the exam will determine where you are placed. It does not matter what age you are as long as you have at least a grade 6 intellect. You cannot graduate until you pass the final exam taken at the end of year 16. The exam will not cover only year 16, but the curriculum from all 10 years.

This school teaches "normal" classes such as Math(s), Science(s), History(s), Physical Education, et cetera, et cetera, but also has specialty classes such as Charms and Spells, Extensive Physical Education, Combat, Element Control, et cetera, et cetera. You are required to take at least 2 specialty classes and 3 "normal" classes. Including the listed specialty classes there are 14, 12 normal ones not including the subsections of Science and Math (Algebra, Biology, History of Empires). The difference between the subsections of Math and Science and Math and Science is that in, for example, Science, you cover everything, but briefly and not as in detail as if you took the subsection. The subsection class focuses on that one area. Each grade is split into four groups to make it easier to teach. The groups are: Tails, Legs, Wings, and Fins. What group you are in does not pertain to your monster form.

Pets are allowed at M.A.S.M.O.F.M.C., but they cannot be too large to house in your dorm or the stable. You may not reveal your monster form to anyone, but you may tell people if you wish to. The dorms are not co-ed and are 4 floors each. Each dorm room has two residents. You may not be a creature with no magical power to apply. Humans with an supernatural ability (mind-reading, telekinesis) are allowed.

Teachers

Mistress Araina-Waternixie

Subject(s): Element Control-Water
Creature type: Powerful lamia with the ability to summon rain
Appearance: Dark chocolate brown hair(looks black) going to shoulders, Dark blue eyes with flecks of forest green, pale skin, nails always painted, always wears blouse and pencil skirt with navy sandals
Personality: Often caught deep in thought, never tells secrets, very understanding (unless she has no good reason to be), loves banana bread, headmistress of The School.

Profesor Mophen-Bmrbgttyjjl

Subject(s): Transformation, Element Control-Fire, Extensive Physical Education, Combat, All classes for Wings
Creature type: Fire demon, takes form of flaming blue wolf in monster form
Appearance:
Personality: Rarely smiles, tough, a monster of few words

Professor Morina(prefers to be called Miss Witch)-Snowflakesurfer
Subject(s): All Classes for Legs, Charms and Spells, Element Control- Wind, Potions And Elixirs, Hypnotism
Creature Type: Witch
Appearance:
Personality: Childish, easily excited, clumsy, smart, a bit scatter-brained, loves cats and candy

Everen-Waternixie
Subject(s): Element Control-Earth, Golem Making, All classes for Tails, Herbology
Creature Type: Chimera
Appearance:
Personality: Serious, loves earth, very raggedy and dirty, rarely speaks much

Professor Mixevana (prefers Mixie the Nixie)-Waternixie
Subject(s): Element Control-Water, All classes for Fins, Beast Taming, Alchemy
Creature Type: Water Nixie
Appearance:
(wears translucent light blue shift, eyes are cerulean)
Personality: Worry-wart, loves plants and animals, has multiple pets of land, air, and water, vegetarian, talented with magic, extremely intelligent, polite

Application Form

If you wish to enroll in the school, ping Waternixie with this application filled in:

Name:
Appearance (picture or description):
Personality:
Classes(at least 2 specialty and 3 normal):
Pet(if you have one):
Weapon(if taking Combat, P.E., or Extensive P.E.):
Club(optional):
Edited By Waternixie on 12/15/2014 at 8:20 PM.
Waternixie
Level 63
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 11/9/2014 at 3:57 PM Post #2
Classes

Specialty
Herbology
Combat
Extensive Physical Education
Element Control-Fire
Element Control-Water
Element Control-Wind
Element Control-Earth
Charms and Spells
Transformation
Hypnotism
Alchemy
Golem Making
Beast Taming
Potions and Elixirs

Normal
History
Math
Science
Art
Algebra
Geometry
Biology
History of Empires
Folklore, Legends, and Myths
Ceramics
Physical Education
Ancient Runes

Clubs (two max.)

Swim Club
Debate Club
Charms and Spells Club
Rune Club
Aquatic Creature Club
Soaring High Club (for winged and flying creatures)
Hooves Club (for equestrian creatures)
Green Thumb Club (take a wild guess)

Schedule (same every day unless something special)
Breakfast
Normal Classes-if you don't take one of the classes, during that period, you have free time
Specialty Classes- same
Clubs-Swim Club, Debate Club, Green Thumb Club, Rune Club
Lunch
Clubs-Aquatic Creature Club, Charms and Spells Club, Soaring High Club, Hooves Club
Free Time-1 hour
Dinner
Free Time-2 hours
Curfew/Lights Out/Sleep

School Rules (the ones that haven't already been said)
No skipping class
No missing curfew
In free time you can go anywhere non-restricted within the fifteen-mile radius of the school as long as you make it back in time for your next activity
Don't miss meals
No going in restricted areas
Don't hurt each other badly

RP Rules
Keep swearing to a minimum.
No super graphic stuff
PM me if you want to quit.
As many characters as you can handle
No "only one" monsters ex: landon, cerberus, just monsters that there are only one of
Three posts per day
No God-modding

Campus
Within the fifteen-mile radius of the actual school (school grounds) there is a forest, multiple lakes, rivers, and lagoons, a meadow, part of a desert, and all of this is surrounded by a circle of HUGE mountains, which is where you can find some snow. At the school there is a pool, a large library, a gymnasium, a training gym, an art room, a music room, non co-ed dorms, a greenhouse, the clubhouses, the teachers dorms in separate parapets, and the main classrooms.

Yell at me through a PM about how horribly I'm setting this up if you want to, just make sure you tell me what's wrong. I've never started or participated in one before.

Edited By Waternixie on 12/11/2014 at 12:47 AM.
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 11/20/2014 at 1:50 PM Post #3
that look fun ^-^

Name: Lilou
Year:10 (?)
Creature Type : sphinx

Appearance :

Personality: She don't like stay in the same place to much so she know all the school very well. If it rain or snow she looks at the sky until the sun returns.

Classes:
normal
Art
Ancient Runes
specialty
Charms and Spells
Transformation

Club: Soaring High Club
Edited By Cian on 11/22/2014 at 10:01 AM.
Snowflakesurfer
Level 0
Threads: 1
Posted: 11/21/2014 at 6:07 PM Post #4
Name: Amelia(Nickname is Amy)
Year: (13)
Creature Type: Dragon
Appearance:
Personality: Quiet to most people, but talks to her friends(doesn't have many, though). She loves to read, and really wants to get a great education. She doesn't like social media much, but she will text. When she's reading, it's like she's in another world, not noticing anything, and stopping her is like waking someone from a deep sleep.
Classes(at least 2 specialty and 3 normal): Algebra; History of Empires; Folklore, Legends, and Myths; Ancient Runes; Herbology; Element Control-Earth; Potions and Elixirs.
Pet: Grey Cat
Weapon: None
Club(optional): Debate Club; Charms and Spells Club(If I can only be in one, It'd be Charms and Spells Club).

I'll also be Professor Morina!
Edited By Snowflakesurfer on 11/26/2014 at 5:27 PM.
Waternixie
Level 63
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 11/21/2014 at 6:29 PM Post #5
I"M GOING INTO OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MANY PEOPLE AND SUBMISSIONS! YAYYYYYYYYY! At least, so many compared to how this has been out for a few weeks and these are the first ones posted.
Waternixie
Level 63
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 11/21/2014 at 6:37 PM Post #6
The year section means which year you are in. For example:

Stuff
Year: 12 (she is in 12th grade at this school)
Other Stuff

You also need a description or picture of her appearance. A picture/description of her creature form would be helpful as well, not neccasary, but an example of what could happen.

You: I transform into my creature form, a dragon.
Me: I run outside and see a dragon. Color: unknown. Size: unknown. Fancy stuff on it: unknown.
Bmrbgttyjjl
Level 64
The Perfectionist
Threads: 86
Posted: 11/21/2014 at 11:38 PM Post #7
Name: Aeronwen
Year: Oooo. So many years um let's go with 11th
Creature Type: Naiad
Personality: Likes to keep to her self, Seems booky, Doesn't open up easily and because of that doesn't have any friends, She talks to herself a lot without eve thinking, Has a low self esteem because of how different she is from other Naiads which made her the target of pranksters. (I'll make it a better once I RPG with her a bit.)
Classes: (Couldn't decide >.< Plus it kind of fits in with my character to have a ton of classes)
Normal:
Art
Science (Physics if that's allowed)
Ancient Runes
Algebra
Ceramics

Specialty:
Charms and Spells
Combat
Herbology
Alchemy
Potions and Elixirs

Pet: A pure white fox

His name's Iroh (Yes I love Avatar!)

Weapon: Magic and her Dao Sword (It's basically a sword that can be split into two).
Club:
Charms and Spells Club
Rune Club
Other: Didn't know where to put this but she was born special while all the other magic gifted naiad children were able to control water she could control dark mater (Hence why she's interested in physics)
Edited By Bmrbgttyjjl on 11/23/2014 at 8:44 AM.
Snowflakesurfer
Level 0
Threads: 1
Posted: 11/22/2014 at 8:30 AM Post #8
Hey, I was wondering if I could be a teacher too. I don't want to give up my original character, so I would like to know if I could have a second character, please. If you could let me know I would very much appreciate it!
Desiree
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 20
Posted: 11/22/2014 at 10:22 AM Post #9
Name: Maia
Year: 13
Creature Type (picture optional): Feathered Winged Dragon

Personality: Strong, sarcastic, protective, hot-tempered, strong, doesn't prefer to be around others
Classes(at least 2 specialty and 3 normal):
Normal
Ancient Runes
P.E.
Specialty
Combat
Element Control-Earth
Pet(if you have one): Doesn't prefer animals
Weapon(if taking Combat, P.E., or Extensive P.E.): A scythe.
Club(optional): None

Erm, I hope I signed up right... This sounds super fun!
Jadelion
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Threads: 35
Posted: 11/22/2014 at 11:40 AM Post #10
Name: Evelyn
Year: 8
Creature Type (picture optional): (Just the size of a really large wolf

Personality: clever, cunning, can be a smart alex, nosy, cheerful most of the time
Classes(at least 2 specialty and 3 normal): Biology, Ancient Runes, Folklore, Legends, and Myths, Beast Taming, Potions and Elixirs, Herbology
Pet(if you have one):
Weapon(if taking Combat, P.E., or Extensive P.E.):
Club(optional): Rune Club
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.