Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Update (3/18/13) - Tweak to Sylesti Gene...
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 11:55 AM Post #11
@Flute,

You are correct. Accomplishment is the wrong word.

But it's hard to have games without the random aspect to it. Even down to the combat is random to a degree. Without the random factor, games would be dry and mundane (at least in my opinion). If you always know what the result of an action will be, it diminishes that sense of adventure that I love games so much for. It's one thing I dislike so much about World of Warcraft, for example. You can calculate so much and the game just becomes a numbers game, which takes the fun out of it.

So while it is not an accomplishment to get lucky, it is exciting. Playing Jinxie's Jamboree and winning the jackpot is obviously 100% random, but incredibly exciting when it happens. If the game was structured to say... reward you with 1,000G after playing 100 times, it would be incredibly boring. It would feel like a dull, tedious task to reach the next 1,000G.

Does that make more sense? :\
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 12:09 PM Post #12
While I've done my fair share of ranting at the "Generators: Before and After" thread, I wouldn't say I was ever actually ANGRY. xD It was all in good fun. I agree that the luck of it makes it more exciting! But I appreciate the tweaks none the less.
Mylia
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 1:59 PM Post #13
That's awesome news!
And sorry if I went all "I HATE THIS GENERATOR", it's just really hard for me to get money here, since I can't spend much time on the comp, especially on my own, because it's just a fail and I don't have money to fix it/buy another ^^"
You guys are really awesome and work really hard to make this game truly enjoyable and are totally listening to the players, even if you doesn't post everywhere, you check everywhere to see if there's something you can change to better and it's really great!

Never take my "little rages" as something bad, it's there, then it's gone
I'm just like that, but I never hate for real and would still have used the generator
But it's just so great to hear it'll have less change to change from light blue to "pink" <3
Sheechwan
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 150
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 2:51 PM Post #14

I like this update as much as not, I love to be ranting when it
goes a bit bad and just go craze when it does with those Normal
Essence, even if it's sad when the Enhanced get a too big swing... owo
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 3/24/2013 at 7:56 PM Post #15
This boy.....

Ughh...........

He is supposed to be PURE black and not ark gray.... Also, his color 2 is supposed to be PURPLE!!!
Daevoted
Level 60
Threads: 13
Posted: 3/29/2013 at 3:27 PM Post #16
I wasn't fine with the old generator, but I wasn't part of, it would appear as how people are talking in this thread, this lynch mob of haters . I wasn't fine because 'swing of colors' should never mean 'it's just going to gray out whatever color you choose'. there wasn't a range. It was just dulling- and the 'random' was how much it was going to dull.

Haven't tried it out since the tweak, and been holding on to some essence, because graying colors do nothing for me. Maybe I'll give it a go now! =)
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.