Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Update (3/18/13) - Tweak to Sylesti Gene...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 9:20 AM Post #1
@Site_Users,

We have decided to tweak our Sylesti Generator some since we've been reading all sorts of angry posts about outcomes. We reduced the color swings for both the Enhanced and Regular Generators by a little bit.

Please keep in mind that it's never been our goal to frustrate users when generating pets. For lack of a better word, we feel it would be a bit boring after awhile if every pet you generated came out exactly like you wanted.

The reason for the swing is to add some variety to pets and make every pet unique in its own way. Additionally, we like to add the excitement to the generating process for when a generated pet comes out exactly like you want. I like to compare it to Mythical items... if Mythical items dropped from bosses every time, it would take away the excitement and sense of accomplishment that they currently provide. We also wanted that with generated pets.

And lastly, we want to put focus on breeding. Allowing users to generate exact pets will have a negative affect on breeding. The goal is for users to generate a breeding pair where maybe both parents are slightly off... but their offspring will result in what you really wanted.

Hopefully this change will keep the excitement and the need for breeding, but also ease some of your frustrations.
Ruinia
Level 60
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 9:25 AM Post #2
Tbh, I was fine with the past generator rate! But this is okay too! XD
Thanks for the consideration on the change!
Edited By 184 on 3/18/2013 at 9:29 AM.
Chidori
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 109
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 9:25 AM Post #3
I wasn't really ever mad, more like 'Frustrated'. o.e" I feel bad now. TT_TT
But thanks for the changes!
Edited By 1398 on 3/18/2013 at 9:26 AM.
Ruinia
Level 60
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 9:28 AM Post #4
Yeah, the rage thread was like bunch of people telling jokes for me! It's like when people get angry over Angry Bird, noone is angry for real! It's still fun! XDD
But I can see some are frustrated for real too, especially when they can't play that often and gold is a problem for them, I can understand that.
Leen
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 31
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 10:20 AM Post #5
Will this tweak also account to pets which have been generated prior to the change?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 10:23 AM Post #6
@Lenexia,

No. There is no way to do that. It will just be for pets generated from now on.
Leen
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 31
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 10:24 AM Post #7
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/5/2024 at 6:49:37am

@Lenexia,

No. There is no way to do that. It will just be for pets generated from now on.

Aw okay Time to save money, then...
Dragonflaw
Level 60
Threads: 12
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 10:26 AM Post #8
I was fine with the previous regular generator, but having swing on the enhanced generator seemed a bit unfair, considering the amount of work put into obtaining enhanced essences.
Reisari
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 11:30 AM Post #9
I was fine with the previous generator rates, too. I've even gotten some results that I liked better than what I had in mind originally. But there are also times when I really have my heart set on a pet coming out a certain way - mostly when I'm genning them for a character I have in mind. So I like this, too.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 3/18/2013 at 11:41 AM Post #10
I had a mini rant on my iPhone saved, but now I'll just type up a new one here. xD

I had no real issues against any of the generator, despite the swings or the changes. But I had a problem with the word "accomplishment" when it was applied to it.

There's no accomplishment in achieving pure black on the generator. There's no accomplishment in getting a mythical item out of a game. That's luck. Accomplishment can be assumed if you put lots of effort into getting said item (ie running a dungeon 30+ times or saving up the money for an enhanced essence), but it's PURE luck. It wasn't accomplishment that swung the generator 30 points from black to washed out gray, or vice versa. And it wasn't accomplishment that gave people a rare scythe or outfit from beating up 50 or more monsters when others have done the same thing and got zilch for it. It's numbers computed for a tiny rate, at least that's what I think. ono

It can be especially frustrating for people paying $10 a pop towards making enhanced pets. That's a lot to me, ten real life bucks that gamers choose to forfeit. There are some people who spend more than that, but making that money in real life isn't easy, nor getting it converted into online currency. x:

I find it rewarding to put in the effort into getting said enhanced essence if you worked hard to buy one. But I relate to how destructive it is to the effort that was put in if the pet generated was way off from what was originally intended. And breeding takes 2, so even then, that's twice the price and twice the chance to fail. x:

I didn't mean to get mad, but I do think that people who were frustrated with the system weren't thinking it was "accomplishment" to get the pets or the items. Accomplishment is getting the elven councilman robe from the quest -- 100% guarantee when you put in the effort. Luck is getting the essence out of a drop system with low rates, coupled with a swing system on a generator.

Nevertheless, the tweak sounds a little promising.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.