Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/16/2013 at 12:02 PM Post #1
@Site_Users,

We would like to announce our next major feature: Avatar Style Unlocks.

In addition to the actual feature, this will also involve re-designing the Avatar page and the Wardrobe page. It is our goal to increase efficiency and user-friendliness.

Earning Account Points
You will basically earn points for playing the game. You will be able to earn points from Battling, Nurturing, Breeding, Quests, Mini Games, and Missions. Point values will vary depending on the the task. Points values are not finalized yet, so we won't announce them until the feature is implemented.

Unlocking Styles
Every locked style will cost a certain amount of Account Points to unlock. Once it's unlocked, you can permanently use it. Different types will cost different amounts. So for example, unlocking a Hair style will cost more points than an Ear style.

For those who want a style immediately, all styles will be purchasable for diamonds as well. So you can either save up Account Points and purchase a style or spend Diamonds and purchase it immediately.

Other Changes
In order to accommodate for the new system, the Avatar Page will be redesigned. We hope the new layout will be more efficient and more user friendly.

We also plan on altering the Wardrobe page to its final state. Up until now, it has just been a temporary hold for avatar items. We are still working out how the final Wardrobe will work, so we can't offer any specifics at this time.

Laslty, we will add a little more customization to Avatars by allowing colorable facial features (which atm, are all locked).

Future Additions
We plan on adding many more styles to Avatars over the course of time. We haven't added any up to this point because there isn't a system to accommodate it yet.

Wardrobe Changes
We have finished outlining the changes to the Wardrobe. The new Wardrobe will be divided into 3 sections: Colors, Styles, and Outfits.

Avatar Colors: This will basically work the same way as it does on the Avatar Page. You'll be able to choose your colors for each Avatar component.

Avatar Styles: This again will basically work the same way as it does on the Avatar Page. The major difference is that you will now be able to preview locked Styles in addition to having the option to purchase locked Styles.

Avatar Outfits: This will be entirely new. Similar to Styles, this will list all Avatar Items in-game by category. Items you do not own will be preview-able. All Avatar Items will then start going to your Inventory where you can Use them (which will add it to your Wardrobe). Once an item has been added to your Wardrobe, you can opt to remove it if you wish to trade/sell it.

Avatar Presets: Similar to the Party Manager, you will be able to save Avatar Presets. An Avatar Preset will save all current colors, styles, and outfits. There will be a limit to how many Presets each user can save, however, you will have the option to purchase more up to an infinite amount.

Please post any questions or comments below.
Edited By 1 on 3/25/2013 at 4:47 PM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 3/16/2013 at 12:05 PM Post #2
This is an amazing idea! I can't wait to earn points and stuff!
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 3/16/2013 at 12:07 PM Post #3
Wonderful! I love the idea of being able to access features by either Diamonds or Account Points.
Jewce
Level 60
Threads: 2
Posted: 3/16/2013 at 12:10 PM Post #4
when the account points are made available, will people who have played through a majority of the game be assigned points that they would have gotten if the points system had been implemented form the start? or would they have to start collecting points from scratch?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/16/2013 at 12:14 PM Post #5
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/5/2024 at 12:47:39pm

when the account points are made available, will people who have played through a majority of the game be assigned points that they would have gotten if the points system had been implemented form the start? or would they have to start collecting points from scratch?

@Jewce,

The system will start from scratch, unfortunately.
Reisari
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 3/16/2013 at 12:19 PM Post #6
I love everything I've heard so far - earning points by playing the game, and buying styles through diamonds for those of us who are to impatient to wait until they save up the points (like me sometimes XD ). I'm really looking forward to seeing this system implimented so I can start saving up points!
Lehana
Level 60
The Whimsical
Threads: 48
Posted: 3/16/2013 at 12:28 PM Post #7
Oooh this sounds really exciting. I can't wait to see it implemented!
Lilaclipgloss
Level 60
Threads: 23
Posted: 3/16/2013 at 12:33 PM Post #8
I am extremely excited about this!
TeacupBetta
Level 56
Threads: 21
Posted: 3/16/2013 at 1:02 PM Post #9
WANT
NEED
MUST HAVE

YAY!
Chidori
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 109
Posted: 3/16/2013 at 1:02 PM Post #10
Would it be weird to say I love you guys? XD 'Cause, I do. A LOT.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.