Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Dungeon of the Forsaken? Heeelllppp.
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Pandapop
Level 60
Threads: 5
Posted: 5/4/2014 at 11:10 PM Post #1
Dungeon of the Forsaken - Vierna Da'Sheer.

I'm having a really difficult time with this dungeon. I had trouble with the ones before, but nothing a little more leveling couldn't fix... however this time it's different - I can't level any higher. D:

After several unsuccessful attempts to defeat Vierna (from levels 56-58), I took a break to get my pets up to their level cap. I'm following a tank/attack pet guide a user explained to me to the letter, and it's been extremely useful so far. I managed to defeat Vierna, but with my two attack pets down and my tank at less than 600 health. Then BOOM. She comes back as a shade and squishes me like that blood-sucking spider I killed this morning (*shudder*).

I enter the battle with 100% mana (by battling low level enemies first) to start with, and I carry around 20+ Strong Healing Elixir II (heals 1,600), 15+ Standard Healing Elixir II (heals 800) and various Revival Droughts I happen to find while adventuring... not sure where to get the better ones. All I can find are the Revival Drought I that replenishes 20% health and 10% mana to a downed pet (which isn't nearly enough, since she'll just wipe them out again right after during cool-down).

Right off I hit her with finishers, then switch to default attack... use a Standard Healing Elixir II on Data or Papaya, since they have less than 2.5k health, and use the better healing elixir on Gaia when necessary. I try to use an elixir every second turn when cool-down wears off.

So I need some help... what am I doing wrong? I know that Data's armor isn't exactly made for him, but I can't find anything better for his element/profession.

My pets:

GEAR:

STATS:

GEAR:

STATS:

GEAR:

STATS:

Edited By Pandapop on 5/4/2014 at 11:57 PM.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 18
Posted: 5/5/2014 at 12:48 AM Post #2
There are 2 main things I'd suggest:
1. Reset your attackers' stats points and divide some into health, let's say 60 for health and 180 for strength, or 60 for health and 180 for intelligence.
2. Change your pets' gears. I think you don't realiaze that you used wrong relic for your pets.^^; You're supposed to use physical damage relic for air, earth, ice, and magical damage relic for fire, light, and dark.
I''ll give you some of my legendary gears for free (Take it in "Trades" tab). Remember to put them in order I sent you. First three are for Data, 4 and 5 are for Gaia, and last two are for papaya.:)

And this is a strategy I always use to beat Vierna.
1. Turn 1-3: attack him
2. Turn 4: use finishing blow
3. After turn 4, attack him with hotkey 1 and block in next turn until he uses "Mana Transfusion".
4. Repeat 1-3.

Note: Don't use elixir after turn 4! Use it after he uses "Mana Transfusion".

You should be able on defeating him now.^^
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 5/5/2014 at 12:49 AM Post #3
edit: Luga beat me, but I'll leave these here. xD Lemme get you some armor.

First of all, I found some of Vierna's key mechanics if you haven't found them already. c:
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=5984&page=1#2
Author: Draco
Time Posted: 9/16/2013 at 1:18 AM
For Vierna, the key is to not attack [defeat, rather] either of the two zombies accompanying her in the first part of the battle. Save your mana before the battle and Finishing Blow and any attacks on only her. Be careful of Fire proficiency pets since the multi-target damage can defeat the zombies on accident.

For the second part of the battle, she uses Mana Transfusion[?] every 4 or 5 turns [depending on how memory serves] to drain mana and replenish her health. It is important to figure out her attack pattern and use Finishing Blow at the right turn to prevent her from recovering Health. Continue wailing on her following the pattern [using Elixirs as necessary; be careful of using it before a Mana Transfusion turn] and she should go down eventually.

Hope this helps!

Second of all, your builds on your pets look solid.
I would recommend getting level50 armor for Papaya and Data, preferably armor that suits them. Actually, lemme send you stuff I can find that suits them.

Keep in mind from Draco's tip that you shouldn't be killing Vierna's minions. Keep all your attacks (including building up mana and unleashing Finishing Moves) on Vierna, as the first half of the battle should be straightforward. Use your elixirs when your pets get under a certain threshold of HP, like 50% or 70% of their overall HP.

In the second half, you'll have to keep timing in mind, as Shade saps MP and converts into a GIANT chunk of HP every 5-6 turns (it's technically 6, but try and deplete ALL of your MP on the 5th turn or before). Besides that, try and keep the HP of your team intact while unloading attacks on Shade.
Edited By Flute on 5/5/2014 at 12:50 AM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 5/5/2014 at 12:54 AM Post #4
I accidentally sent you a lvl60 armor, but feel free to keep it if you need it. xD

I sent you a myrm armor and an evoker armor, check your trades! hope it helps!
Ashadelmg
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 6
Posted: 5/5/2014 at 1:00 AM Post #5
Someone else may get to this before me, but here's a few things I noticed just gear/talent wise.

1) Your relics aren't correct. Your melee ones have magic damage, your magic ones have physical damage. This pretty much just makes them stat-sticks, as your pet will attack with it's highest damage modifier: physical, or magical. Assassin and Myrmidon are the physical (and you do have them correct, except that your DPS melee is using caster armor), Evoker and Illusionist are the magical.

2) You've punched all of your points into one stat - that's fine for mission pets and possibly glass cannons, but not for a tank that you need to soak damage. Try arranging your tank with roughly a third of the skill up points in Health, a third in Strength, and a third in Agility. Basically, your tank has a truck ton of health, but she's going to get hit, and when she gets hit, she'll get hit very hard. Agility increases their resistance to magic and physical, and gives them dodge, too. For your proficiency points, play around with what feels good. Health can be fine, for the most part.

You may want to look at your DPS pets, as well. I've sunk my own points into the attack stat and dexterity. Additionally, my DPS caster is Light... which provides a little healing every turn. Usually not much, but it can help. My tank is also frost/water... I found it a little better, due to the fairly constant lowered damage taken buff.

Those are my quick points... if you'd like to see my battle party, it's Seera, Yuuso, and Isara in my first tab.
Pandapop
Level 60
Posted: 5/5/2014 at 1:13 AM Post #6
Thank you, everyone. Took me a minute or two to read over what you all said, it's late and my eyes feel like they're buggin' out of my head. x.x;

I reset Gaia's stats and did what Luga and Ashadelmg suggested; splitting up between health/strength/agility. I think I put the gear on the right pets, and I do see what I did wrong now -- no idea why I didn't notice I had magic and physical strengths on the wrong pets... Dx

On a side note, I haven't been attacking her minions. I did that my first time and found that they just keep re-spawning, so it wasn't worth it. I'm going to try this again and see if the new gear and stat changes work better for me.

Also Flute, I sent that lvl60 armor back. xD
Pandapop
Level 60
Posted: 5/5/2014 at 1:25 AM Post #7
I DID IT. I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT. *INHALE*

And since that is now out of my system...

Thank you, everyone, so much! I got it on the first try this time!!

But now a question -- another user tells me that I should be able to get to Ethernia by now. That I didn't have to actually beat this dungeon to continue on. But my map doesn't have Ethernia on it? Just Viridian Meadows, Umbra Forest and Astryl's Vale.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx303/chickinratslol/mapexplore_zps827b0c9e.png

EDIT:

And Jinxie is still telling me that we have to defeat Vierna... at the dungeon. But now when I go back, it says I have so-and-so amount of time before I can enter the dungeon again.
Edited By Pandapop on 5/5/2014 at 1:28 AM.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 5/5/2014 at 1:40 AM Post #8
Congrats, Pandapop! I know you can do it!! =D

If you click Astryl Vale, you should be able to see a castle named Ethernia in the middle.;)

The dungeons are designed can be entered once a day to prevent people spamming mythical gears.^^
Pandapop
Level 60
Posted: 5/5/2014 at 1:45 AM Post #9
When I click on Ethernia, it takes me to the festival zone. Is it supposed to do that? xD
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 5/5/2014 at 1:49 AM Post #10
You should click "Exit Zone" in the festival zone before you can enter Ethernia.:)
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.