Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Tips for Newbies
Page 132 1, 2, 3... 131, 132, 133 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Coffeecat12
Level 61
Threads: 3
Posted: 6/26/2023 at 7:19 PM Post #1311
Hello, could someone tell me how you actually get essence through the gameplay? That was listed as one of the ways, but how exactly do you get it?
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Threads: 4
Posted: 6/26/2023 at 7:35 PM Post #1312
If you mean the pet essences used to generate pets, you can get them through battling(The Sylesti species you defeat determines the essence you get if I remember right), nurturing pets(You'd nurture here, at the Nurturing Grounds), and opening satchels, and treasure chests(The mystery ones purchased from that are added to your inventory, if I remember right, and then the ones you encounter at the end of dungeons as a final reward can contain essences as well), but getting essences has a rather low drop chance. Doing this method, you can only get Regular and Enhanced Essences.
Regular Essences allow for two trait points(Meaning one visible or a two-carried pet), and Enhanced Essences allow for four trait points(Meaning two visible, one visible two carried, or four carried).
They can also be bought in the Diamond Shop, or from other users off the Trade Broker, under the Essence section under type.

Edit:
To generate a Sylesti after acquiring an essence, you'd go to the Generator. Click where it says "No Essence Loaded". It'll bring up a screen that will give you the different Essence choices, Divine, Mystical. Enhanced, and Regular. Click the essence type you have out of those four, then scroll through until you find the species that you have an essence for.

Since you have a Qitari as a Starter pet, I'll send you a Qitari essence you can use in the generator. You'll have to accept the trade for it, but after doing so, the essence will have been added to your inventory. To accept a trade, under the trade tab, go to Player Trades.

~

I hope this info helps a bit!
Edited By Draculina on 6/27/2023 at 5:09 AM.
Coffeecat12
Level 61
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 2:27 PM Post #1313
Alright, awesome tysm! This was very helpful. Also a second question if that's alright, are you able to get diamonds in game or only through buying them? ^-^ Ty again!
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 2:42 PM Post #1314
Through the Currency Exchange, you can buy diamonds with gold from other users.
A great way to make gold is to do missions, so here's a guide for them:
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=12841
Coffeecat12
Level 61
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 2:46 PM Post #1315
Ty!
Starlightthestareon
Level 51
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/13/2023 at 5:33 PM Post #1316
I was wondering how do you get tokens?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 7/13/2023 at 7:03 PM Post #1317
assuming you mean Avatar tokens? They're obtained typically as prizes from official festival forum games and from completing the task logs during the four seasonal festivals
Starlightthestareon
Level 51
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/14/2023 at 3:17 AM Post #1318
Oh! Thank you!
Munin
Level 70
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/3/2024 at 1:30 PM Post #1319
Hi!
Im really new and am atm stuck in the Find the hermit quest where one of my pets gets knocked out and since i dont have enough gold to unlock the third pet slot im left with a single one. I see that some potions say "cant be used in battle" but i have some that i could use but they dont show up in my inventory when exploring/am in battle. Am i missing something?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/3/2024 at 4:45 PM Post #1320
Okay let's see:
Potions cannot be used in battle, only from the inventory. They are used for recovery of a conscious pet
Elixirs can be used in battle. They are used for recovery of a conscious pet.
Draughts can be used in battle. They are used to revive an unconscious pet.

For gold, I'd suggest making sure you understand Missions and setting up a squad of dedicated mission pets, at least one for each stat (guide). Mission satchels earned for satisfactory or exceptional completions will get you gold, healing items, gear that you can use or sell, and very rarely pet essences (and doing the missions will additionally get you town reputation points, which make more stuff available in the respective town)

You can also use the zone farming method (pick early area where you can clear enemies in with ease, just run through the place grabbing every chest) which is slow but viable

It's also the last day of Week of Love, so you can still do the early-game accessible daily tasks (nurture 500 pets, freely mail a heart to another player*) for a free heart for task completion, doing nurturing in general (random chance with every nurture that candy heart might drop) and do the Nightfall Bandit Dungeon in region 1 (you get a heart for completing a dungeon)
(* you can potentially organise a trade with another player in gen chat (the "charooms" button in the bottom left, also accessed via this to swap your heart for one of theirs)

Candy hearts are currently going for a minimum of 9k on the trade broker.

(A team of two shadows is a very survuvalist centric team with lowish damage, but I cannot speak on their use or viability especially early on, I've never been much a shadow element person. But I do see Silvia's got some sub-optimal gear, so I can help with that)
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/3/2024 at 4:47 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 131, 132, 133
This Page loaded in 0.019 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.