Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Newbie's Breeding Group
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Moonegazer
Level 40
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 1
Posted: 3/26/2014 at 6:43 PM Post #1
Hello! I would like to start a group featuring players who are new to breeding. I myself am new to the concept, and even with all of the helpful guides, I don't want to just start a breeding project on my own. Unfortunately, I didn't see any groups that could come together and discuss their projects. So I decided to make one myself!
This group is for new breeders to talk about their breeding projects and help each other with them. Here, a person can propose a project, offer an essence or philter, offer to have one of their sylesties breed with another person's, give helpful tips, and more!
If you want to join, simply reply to this thread or PM me. I am very excited to get this group started!
Edited By Moonegazer on 3/26/2014 at 7:15 PM.
Moonegazer
Level 40
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 3/26/2014 at 7:16 PM Post #2
Just a reply to bump the thread up so people will see it.
Moonegazer
Level 40
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 3/27/2014 at 2:43 PM Post #3
Bump.
Klaxas
Level 42
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 3/28/2014 at 12:49 PM Post #4
hey there. i am also new and i dont have any projects yet but i was looking for information on breeding for color.
Moonegazer
Level 40
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 3/28/2014 at 6:46 PM Post #5
Sure! There are two ways to get a certain color. The first way is to breed two parents whose colors mixed together would create the color you want. When sylesties breed, the offspring will have a color that is that is somewhere along the gradient of the parent's colors. For example, if one parent is red and the other is yellow, the child might be red, red-orange, orange, orange-yellow, yellow, etc. You can use this website to find the gradient between colors. You need the number of each color, which can be found by hovering over the color box on the bottom right of a pet's profile page.
The second way is to just use a pet dye, which can be bought in the scale shop.
Klaxas
Level 42
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 3/29/2014 at 1:41 AM Post #6
thats very interesting. i am trying to figure out how to use that to my advantage in breeding.

the system i am more use too from another game basically broke each color down into its RBG numbers and the child always had a value between its parents. so for example if you had

mother R:0 B:50 G:100
and bred her too
Father R:50 B:50 G:50

then the child would be.
R:0-50
B: 50 always
G:50-100

the unrealistic thing about this system is breeding a pure white pet to a pure black pet could literally produce any color you could think of.

the system you are describing for Sylestia should produce more predictable results but may be harder to breed to pure colors (for example pure red is 255-0-0)

is it even possible to breed to a pure color here? and if you use a dye thats not perfect so how likely is it to get something pure.
Moonegazer
Level 40
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 3/29/2014 at 8:27 PM Post #7
That is a very strange system! But I actually don't know how precise or un-precise colors can be. I've looked around on the guides and wiki, but none talk about that. I do know that Mystical and Enhanced Generators are more precise than the Regular Generators. But essences for those are more rare! I think you'll just have to try and hope for the best. ^^;
Klaxas
Level 42
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 3/29/2014 at 8:45 PM Post #8
@Moon

well it may be strange but it was easy to math out and breed towards a color. with this system it doesnt seem possible.

is there a way to find out what the order of dominance is? like which genes and mutations are are dominant over which?

also does anyone know why there is a difference between mutations and genes?
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 48
Posted: 3/30/2014 at 12:30 AM Post #9
The order of dominance is the older the gene the more dominant it is so lets take the Ryori. If we look at the first gene slot we see that the first Gene is Shock runes, so we automatically give Shock runes A.

Then if we scroll down we see that below Shock runes is Marbled so we give Marbled B.

And this goes through the line to Water Tiger (the most recent Gene for Slot G1) and we give it E.

A will always be dominant to E but you could still get a baby with Vis E from parents that had E and any of the above (this would just be rarer).
More can be found here for Dominance and recessive.

To answer your second Question. Genes are determined by the fact that the can only occur within the original design or lines, where as a mutation can occur beyond the lines. Take the Ryori again.
Here is a normal, no Gene or Mutation Ryori.

Now we give him a gene, I chose the Petal markings because they are pretty.

they are only visible within the body(lines) of the Ryori.

Now I will give him a Mutation, I chose the Jesters Crest because they are obnoxiously outside the lines of the Ryori.

and one for Fun to compare

I hope this has helped a bit.
Lechubacabra
Level 28
Threads: 16
Posted: 3/30/2014 at 7:47 AM Post #10
ooh I want to join xD hi.....
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.