Players 2,371 350
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,251,830 1,159
Generated 656,350 34
Captured 1,190,833 51
Bred 6,404,552 1,074
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > General Chat with Krinadon!
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 3/11/2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1
/please support this screenshotter by giving her profile views~/
/just kidding, but go ahead anyways ;w;/

TL;DR will be written at the end.

TL;DR:
Krin (I think, not sure) was looking into what some users were waiting in particular to be added to the site.
Users (albeit few) commented bank and pet-buying NPC are features that want to be added in particular.
Krin plans (and has already been working on) revamping the generator page, among other pet features
Krin asked about how festivals fared as "temporary" content fillers in place of exploration content.
Users (albeit few) commented mixed reviews: some love festivals, some see it as somewhat stressful.
Krin also intends to improve the exploration feature of the site with "improved combat/pet progression/better and more equipment, more quests/tasks/events/world bosses/fun and challenging dungeons/gathering/crafting/quest chains, along with avatar skills/classes".
Avatar progression may be based around the idea of having "paths to progress" and "levels" with "perks/bonuses". Possible classes can be "breeder, crafting, adventurer, etc" and allude to being flexible so one can "master all of them."

I might have missed some key points (I forget some patches of log when I screenshot since the log always moves down when someone speaks x: ), but that's most of it. I just wanted to share it with you guys.

I guess anyone can put comments towards all of it. And know that Krin is alive and well. /o/
Edited By Flute on 3/11/2014 at 8:11 PM.
Roguew
Level 60
The Whimsical
Threads: 17
Posted: 3/11/2014 at 8:23 PM Post #2
Thanks for taking a screenshot, Flute! Now I kind of want to message Krin with a lot of ideas... except I can't think of any right now. XD

I'm personally a big fan of festivals. They're about the only thing that gets me out exploring right now. Otherwise I just work on breeding projects. Also, more than anything I love the festival themed pets. (more breeding projects! XD)
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 3/11/2014 at 8:58 PM Post #3
I for one love the Festivals too. I think they are great fun and I enjoy all the games and content. I really like all the new ideas in the works, and I look forward to seeing them all develop. I'm on everyday, but right now festivals are what get me most active on the site. I am looking forward to the festival of Fortune!

Thanks for the info, Flute <3
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 3/11/2014 at 9:22 PM Post #4
Thanks for posting that. I'm excited for the pet related upgrades... but I am super excited about more content!

And I agree with much of what was said about the festivals, they are a lot of fun...Especially love the themed pets and the dynamic events... but the amount of limited time stuff released can be a bit overwhelming for people who want feel compelled to do it all.
HibernusMortis
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 7
Posted: 3/12/2014 at 12:47 PM Post #5
Thank you Flute for thinking of and posting this! And thanks to Krin for asking for players opinions/ideas. :)

I myself am more of an explore/grind person..so any new area content I think would be great, although I do really like the ideas of a bank and a pet buying NPC. Also looking forward to the crafting aspect to come about some day.
One of these days I plan on getting more seriously into breeding though. Just need to get myself focuse on a couple species though, and straighten up my stables quite a bit :P I have quite a mixture of a little of everything right now.

And of course the festivals are always awesome! The Fall Festival is what really got me back into playing the game in full force, after a few months of lagging and falling behind. :) It's great to see how the activity in chat and all picks up during those times.
MourningLily
Level 65
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 59
Posted: 3/12/2014 at 11:38 PM Post #6
Thanks for posting this Flute! I am little disappointed that I missed the chat and wanted to add my two cents - for whatever they are worth..

I for one LOVE the festivals. They are my favorite game content and where I spend most of my money and login time. Yes there is a lot to do in a limited amount of time, but that is what keeps me engaged and interested.

As for things, I'd like to see implemented....

I have noticed that on this game that the market for pets isn't good and there is a very low probability of being able to sell any offspring. Which translates to a glut of pets flooding the 'market.' There is always a bit of a demand with a new species/gene release but even that seems to die out fairly quickly. The only pets that hold any resale or breeding value are the 5/6 V pets, tagged festival pets, and wheel pets. Which basically means that during non-festival times there is very little draw or motivation to grind/capture/quest - at least for me. And I would only presume to speak for myself.

It'd be nifty if there were some rare tagged pets to be captured during non-festival time OR a way to breed and have tagged pets spontaneously appear in the offspring egg - maybe even with genes or mutations that aren't available to be generated? Or rare fighting bonuses - like a 50% chance of a 1 hit kill or a 25% chance of spontaneously healing itself during battle. Traits/genes/mutations that can only very very rarely be passed onto bred offspring and not available to generate, thus making them even more desirable. Little things like this would really jump start breeding and offspring sales I would think? Of course I am not a coder and have no idea if something like this would even be possible to implement or how difficult it might be to add to a pre-existing breeding model/program?

I'd love to see something a little different done with the feeding. A way to feed them weekly instead of daily, maybe? You miss a day or two and they are all starving. And once pets are starving it's a pain to have to hand click each one to feed it out of starving mode just so you can breed without having to go back and forth from the generator page and your stables - breeding and feeding as you go. It makes for slow going lol. Even when I go through and restock the food in all my stables that starving icon doesn't seem to go away until I hand feed each one. But, maybe I am too new though and there is already a way to do this and I just haven't figured it out yet?

This might seem like a strange request but a fishing game/hunting game would be a neat addition. It could go under the games section. Buy a pole/bow or find one while questing. Buy worms/arrows like we do traps. Catch food to feed to our pets instead of just shelling out treasure to feed them. Every once in a while find chests with items/avatar gear/philters/etc

When the stables are redone it'd be neat if there was a way to name the stables and tabs and to be able to move the stable icons around. I like to keep my stables in a specific order and with each new festival and new pets I have to reorganize and move a lot of my pets around to different stables so that they are in the order that is easiest for me to find them. Course if we could name them, then I suppose that wouldn't be such a large issue.

That's all for now off the top of my head. Sorry for the super long post lol. This probably wasn't the correct area to post this and if you'd like me to delete it, I can.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 3/13/2014 at 6:44 PM Post #7
Pinging those who previously posted, if they were interested. ;w;

General update from Fai and Krin about the festival this weekend! c:

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.