Players 2,393 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,247,200 1,865
Generated 656,261 10
Captured 1,190,628 52
Bred 6,400,216 1,803
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Dungeon and Zone Discussion > Vorpar defeated. Now what?
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Karenza
Level 70
High Warlord
Threads: 59
Posted: 3/2/2014 at 1:52 PM Post #11
Thank you, Flute. Now I know I'm not going crazy. XD Which is totally possible, I have a tendency to be quite dense and forget things.

As for the Nightfall Bandit dungeon's puzzle, if you're talking about the slidey puzzle thing, yeah, it's a pain, but if you keep mashing the buttons on it, it'll automatically force you to move on without fighting that particular boss. You have a set number of turns to make to solve it, so you can beat the first dungeon without solving it. I don't remember how many turns it gives you, I've done it so many times now, I can solve it fairly quickly. XD But I was terrible at it at first, many'a times I never solved it and the game force me to move on in my attempts.

The dungeon of the forsaken is nice in that you don't HAVE to solve the swords and shields puzzle, because I have NEVER been able to do that one. Granted, I only tried once, but I got fed up with it in the attempt, and I've never tried again since. And unlike the first dungeon, it's not timed, which I suppose is why it has the option to skip it. XD

Anyways, Vierna will use the mana transfusion every five turns. I think it might be a little longer than five turns the first time she uses it, but after that, it's like clockwork. You'll have time to use two elixirs before she does it again, so you really want to use up all your mana before she does that, such as with the finishing blow skill.

(I actually took note of battling her just now, she transformed for me on turn 14, and then used mana transfusion for the first time on turn 21. After that, it's every five turns.)
Edited By Vevina on 3/2/2014 at 2:18 PM.
Playerxyz
Level 60
Aspiring Gladiator
Threads: 4
Posted: 3/2/2014 at 2:25 PM Post #12
I just come fresh from another attempt, lost again.
I read the hint at the 5-turns in another thread and tried to stick with it, it did not work. just when I thought I got it (and for a moment it started to really look good, she started to finally go down and down)... just then she jumped back up: she used (I probably miscounted or there -IS- a difference every now and then) - she used it on th 6th turn: 5 turns counted, was happy to see that she could not use any mana on the 5th turn, used -then- one of these elixirs and swoosh she jumped back up. log says she used mana transfusion.

I do not get it. this does not feel balanced... this is a lvl 50 dungeon, drops scarce, why is it coded in such a way? why is there no icon to expect her mana transfusion as you have on all other opponens (even the supposedly "higher" vopar)? also no chance to scroll the log up to check and count, it shows you only the log for the current turn...

when I saw her jumping back up to 60something, I gave up. I already used a number of elixirs and to dump more at them at this point made no sense, it would be throwing elixirs into a trash bin.

.....bbbbut: thanks a great lot for the hint about the timed haven dungeon puzzle. finally a dungeon I'll be able to clear...
Edited By Playerxyz on 3/2/2014 at 2:30 PM.
Karenza
Level 70
High Warlord
Posted: 3/2/2014 at 2:48 PM Post #13
Well, as long as I don't skip a beat, using two elixirs as soon as I can after she uses mana transfusion has never failed for me. Timing can be a little tricky to get down if you're not totally familiar with this game's battle system, but if the timing might be off, then it's better to wait to see her use it again than to chance squeezing in another elixir, and then use up that mana as soon as you get it. But from the sounds of it, I think you just plain need better gear, and you should probably stock up on more elixirs. If you're well equipped enough, her healing up won't cost you the match, it'll just make the battle take longer. @.@

As for why the game is coded this way, I couldn't tell you, but I do know that the first and second zones are eventually going to be revamped. I'm not sure what all changes will be made, but I do know that the new battle system has a log you can scroll up and look at your previous turns for.
Playerxyz
Level 60
Aspiring Gladiator
Posted: 3/2/2014 at 3:01 PM Post #14
epic and legendary, fitting to their proficiencies. this is an ok gear for a lvl 50 dungeon. ok for a fight that - regarding gameeplay logics - is supposed to give you even better gear afterwards, for higher opponents.

so instead of counting and risking to miscalculate, better wait for her mana transfusion and use the elixir then... that's probably all I can do at the next attempt. but isn't the transfusion waived by her when there is not enough mana?
that was what I thought what happened... that there was not enough mana at the 5th turn, so it was waived, so I gave the elixirs afterwards... and she drained then.
I probably miscalculated, then, but what happens if you manage to do finishers in time, she finds 0% mana at her transfusion turn? do you see in the log that this was the trasnfusion turn, can you recognize it?
Edited By Playerxyz on 3/2/2014 at 3:03 PM.
Playerxyz
Level 60
Aspiring Gladiator
Posted: 3/2/2014 at 4:35 PM Post #15
DOWN!

DEFEATED, finally!!

can you believe it? I did not count the attempts, but I am trying for a couple of days now.

thanks for the hints regarding her transfusion schedule (it switches inbetween indeed, it was on round 22 and 27 when it started and later she transfused on 48. if she would have sticked to every 5 rounds it would have been 47...)

DOWN, TANGO DOWN, ol' lady!

finally - -

(and ey! even a mythical relic.)

(used almost all my new precious 30 elixirs on that last 2 attempts however)
Karenza
Level 70
High Warlord
Posted: 3/3/2014 at 5:28 PM Post #16
YAY! :D *Squeezy hug, tosses you in the air, throws some confetti* And boy, to get a mythical relic from her on your first victory! It's like the game is apologizing for giving you such a rough time! XD But I'm so glad you managed to do it~! You saved Umbra Forest! :3
Playerxyz
Level 60
Aspiring Gladiator
Posted: 3/3/2014 at 6:07 PM Post #17
:-] you forgot the party music.

(I screened the forum before posting to see whether this forum has issues with links to party beats but it seems not and I hope we can enjoy some nice vibes)

so... fitting to our mood and this forum topic, here are some EPIC BATTLE beats!!

let's start with some rap first

and for the of lovers of techno-like vibes, this is for you

*dances on Viernas grave and invites to join*.
Edited By Playerxyz on 3/3/2014 at 6:08 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.