Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Irritating Question
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 184
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 12:26 AM Post #1
Please correct me if I'm wrong... The pets that can be found in the first region are the six pets that a new user can pick from to make their starter pet with, right? Which would be Quitari, Zolnixi, Vulnyx, Aurleon, Draeyl, and Sylvorpa. In the second region, the pets that can be captures and found are all those and the Lupora, Faelora, Bulbori, Morkko, and Nytekrie. I believe.

I went through the regions ages ago, but this is what I remember, and I know I ran into Aurleons and Zolnixis in the first region then because I remember trying to catch/managing to catch some of them. Currently, I'm hunting for Zolnixis with visibles of the new Wings genes, and figured the first region would be my best bet because those areas give me the highest chance of running into a Nixis, and therefore the highest chance of running into one with the genes I want. But tonight I have been in all the zones of the Viridian meadows, and haven't seen a single Zolnixi or Aurleon. Just the other four.

Do I just have really super bad luck, or am I remembering wrong, or what? I'm super confused and more than a little irritated about those wasted hours hunting. xD
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 8:21 AM Post #2
That mostly sounds like really bad luck...

But I'm pretty Nixis can be found in Umbra Forest as well... and there you have a chance to get a rare with one vis one carry... I wish you better luck!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 8:57 AM Post #3
It's really hard for me to remember atm because all 3 regions use entirely different code... lol.

But it's very possible that the first region still adheres to weather-related spawns. Zolnixies pretty much only like good weather, so if it was raining or snowing they may have been hiding.

Then again, I may have removed this a long time ago and forgot that I removed it... so it could be wrong. Please correct me or verify me if someone knows for sure lol.
Edited By Krinadon on 2/8/2014 at 8:57 AM.
Kinuna
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 10:07 AM Post #4
I decided to do a little testing, since i gtg to work, and i found a common nixi in fungus grove, when the weather was windy, I suppose this counts as good weather, if its bad weather than perhaps the code was taking out. Otherwise I suppose some further testing would have to be done when its raining, and do some math to compare it to a perfect day.
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 1:22 PM Post #5
The weather was snowing yesterday... It's entirely possible that was my problem. I had no idea weather-related spawns were even a thing, but then I joined in the summer and never really went back after I finished the first region, so unless it was raining I wouldn't have noticed.

Hopefully that's what it was and with the windy weather today I'll have better luck. Thanks, Krin and everyone else!
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 2:05 PM Post #6
To the Generator~

General Information
Zolnixies are the most commonly owned pet in Sylestia. They adapt well to moderate environments and are found in most regions of Sylestia. Zolnixies are diurnal creatures; therefore they only appear in the wild during daytime. When it is raining, snowing, or storming, Zolnixies will seek shelter until the weather clears up.

I remembered getting the info on them before, then I thought about it and remembered that you can get that info at the generator. Happy hunting~
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 2:48 PM Post #7
fyi

Seeing a bunch of nixis (and an occasional aurlie) in Bandit Dungeon during Windy weather c:
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 2/8/2014 at 2:52 PM Post #8
Thanks, everyone! I haven't had a problem finding Nixis today. x3 It must have been a combination of the weather and then, later, that it was night time. Next time I'll pay more attention to the pet information~

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.