Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > How to get past the undead in Faerina...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Nightclaw
Level 52
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/25/2014 at 2:42 PM Post #1
For reference, I'm using these two pets:

http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=7
http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=61

And they keep on getting knocked out. -.- Anyone know any strategies I can use to win against them?
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/25/2014 at 7:42 PM Post #2
With the title of the thread cut off, I'm not quite certain where in the storyline you're stuck. Can you pick up a third team member yet? That would be really helpful. Check the plaza at the Sanctuary of Saerielle. A good bit of your pets' armor is rather low level. Increasing the level of the gear should help. They could also need more specific types of gear. What proficiency trees are your pets in?
Nightclaw
Level 52
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/26/2014 at 7:25 AM Post #3
Oh, sorry. I'm trying to get past Faerina's Shrine, and I can't yet get the third party slot unlocked, at the moment. Sweet's proficiency tree is in Fire, and all of her points are in health. My other pet's tree is also in fire, and his points are 3 for health and 2 for Dexterity, with Fireball learned.
Sonatine
Level 69
Snow Wars Mastermind
Threads: 19
Posted: 1/26/2014 at 12:47 PM Post #4
The fire proficiency is focused on magic damage, but it seems to me that your pets are more concentrated in strength (though that could be the gear they're using). Focus on either intelligence or strength; it's useless to invest in both since they can only inflict one type of damage. If you choose to focus one of them in strength, it might be wise to switch their proficiency tree to something physically based, like earth, wind, or ice. It's also worth noting that Mango's evoker relic, while usually a good type of relic for a fire proficiency pet, does physical damage. Maybe see if you can find one that does magic damage instead.

Which one is your active pet? The active pet is targeted most in battle by far, so you want to make sure that pet has plenty of HP (and maybe some agility, if that suits your fancy). The other pet(s) in the party are not targeted nearly as much, so they can afford to have less HP/bulk and more offensive power. What seems to work for a lot of people here (myself included) is a tank/canon setup. The tank is the active pet with plenty of HP (proficiency points especially), with some leftover level-up points in agility and/or the attacking stat of choice. The canons are the pets to the sides of the tank. Their proficiency points along with many (at least half; I like to use around three quarters) of their level up points are focused in their attacking stat of choice, with the rest in health and/or dexterity (though I deviate from this for my shadow proficiency pets and give them agility instead of health).

Hopefully this will be helpful to you without being too redundant or wordy.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/26/2014 at 2:09 PM Post #5
I think Sonatine gave some excellent advice there.

I'm going to copy paste this from another thread. It's how to select gear for your pets. What Sonatine referred to as cannons is what I called non-tanking pets below.

non-tanking magical damage based pets - Evoker (Intelligence/Dexterity) - magical damage relic

non-tanking physical damage based pets - Myrmidon (Strength/Dexterity) - physical damage relic

tanking magical damage based pets - Illusionist (Intelligence/Agility) - magical damage relic

tanking physical damage based pets - Assassin (Strength/Agility) - physical damage relic

So for fire proficiency pets you would want all Evoker gear and to be sure that the relic they have only does magical damage. I do think that making a tank would be helpful as well. I've heard that water and shadow are currently the best types of tanks for the levels we're at.

I personally prefer putting at least five proficiency points of health into even cannons for the extra survivability with boss fights. I've been wanting to hear from others what they like to do with proficiencies. There seems to be at least a little bit of flexibility in what you can do.
Edited By Savynn on 1/26/2014 at 2:17 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.