Players 2,295 397
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,268,857 2,365
Generated 656,515 8
Captured 1,192,327 512
Bred 6,419,920 1,845
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Player Introductions > Hi!
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Ladylulu
Level 46
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 10
Posted: 6/1/2023 at 11:16 PM Post #1
Hi everyone! My name is Lulu and Im new here. So excited to play!

I love all things animal, so when I heard about this game I knew I would love it.

Things I enjoy: fairytales, animals, summer, writing, chocolate, fantasy, music, reading

Things I dont enjoy: mushrooms, heights, mean people, spiders

Fun facts about me: I play the violin, I am currently writing a book, I love squishmallows

Im actually a little worried about starting this game, because it looks really confusing.

Bye!
Edited By Ladylulu on 6/1/2023 at 11:25 PM.
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Threads: 4
Posted: 6/2/2023 at 12:42 AM Post #2
Hello and welcome to the site Lulu! I have a little guide I keep saved for new players, and since you seem a bit worried about the site confusing you, I'll post the guide here for you! ^-^

~

Some Tips and Info:

- As a newer player, don't buy or breed too many pets immediately. Buying and breeding pets is great, but your stable space is limited until you buy more stable tabs or stables. If you run out of space for pets, you'll end up having your pets released, which costs Diamonds for them to be reclaimed(50 Diamonds to be exact).
It's best to be careful about the pets you get until you have enough gold coming in to buy extra space.
Stable tabs are bought with gold, each stable has 1 tab, and then 7 more can be purchased for increasing amounts of gold.
Stables are bought for Diamonds.
You can buy a new stable at any time.

- Always do the missions that are available in Esior's Haven, and when you reach Umbra Forest, the Sanctuary of Saerielle. This will help you get a steady income of gold.
Missions are matched to either Health, Strength, Intelligence, Agility, or Dexterity so make sure you use a pet with the matching stat, or else you may fail the mission. And also make sure that depending on the mission level, the pet is strong enough to complete that mission. Even with the matching stat, a pet can fail the mission if the stat isn't high enough either due to being too low of level or not having good gear.
You'll also receive mission satchels(The amount you get depends on how well you did on the mission), which can contain more gold, potions, elixirs, revival draughts, pet gear, and even pet essences(Which are used to generate pets you design, kinda like your starter pet), which can all be very helpful to you.
You can unlock up to 6 mission slots.

- As you progress, make sure you buy all the party pet slots for your pets. It'll allow you to have three active party pets at a time which will help make battles easier.
You buy the second slot in here in Esior's Haven(Clickable ink) in the Sylesti Plaza, and the third slot here Sanctuary of Saerielle(Clickable link) in the Plaza.

- When equipping gear on your pets, make sure the gear matches the stats of your pets. Such as pets with strength and agility, having gear that has high strength and agility, and not high intelligence and dexterity, if that makes sense.
Epic rarity gear and above is typically the best route to go once you're able.
I'd suggest looking at the player guides forum(Linked later in this post), since I'm not the best at explaining equipment, and I know there are guides that can explain far better than I can.

- As your pets level up, make sure you assign all their proficiency points. Pets get 1 point at level 0, then gain more at levels 30, 60, 65, 70, and 75, if I remember correctly.

- If you're struggling with any parts of the game, look in the Player Guides(This is a clickable link to that forum) forums. There are lots of guides in this forum section that can help a lot if you're stuck, need some help, or just need a better understanding of something in the game.

- To post a clickable link if you ever need to, use the blue URL button in the forums and PMs to do so.
The easiest way to do this is to copy and paste the link you're trying to post, highlight it, then click the button, and it'll instantly put the brackets around the link for you.
It would look like this, minus the periods in the brackets I used to keep the example from turning into a link;
[url.]https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2808307[/url.]

- To post an image if you need to, in the forums or PM, press the blue IMG button. An easy way to do this is to copy the image address, paste it, highlight it, then press the button, and it'll immediately put the brackets around the image for you.
To adjust the image size, add at the end of the address (&size=250)*This is typically the standard size*, or whatever size you need the image to be.

Like this(The (&size=250) in bold for clarification);

https://www.sylestia.com/image_builder_pet.php?species=qitari&gender=male&E=4&gd1=NN&gd2=NN&gd3=NN&md1=MM&md2=NN&md3=HH&ec=010300&c1=50514F&c2=070808&c3=7B0808&c4=070808&c5=7B0808&gd1c=5c2767&gd2c=ea265d&gd3c=bcf055&md1c=700302&md2c=b268bc&md3c=790507&ac=304366&ac2=304366&maturity=648&costume=companion_yuletide_corgi_rudolph&unconscious=&size=500&owned=1(&size=250)

With the IMG brackets, it would look like this, excluding the periods used to keep the brackets visible;

[img.]https://www.sylestia.com/image_builder_pet.php?species=qitari&gender=male&E=4&gd1=NN&gd2=NN&gd3=NN&md1=MM&md2=NN&md3=HH&ec=010300&c1=50514F&c2=070808&c3=7B0808&c4=070808&c5=7B0808&gd1c=5c2767&gd2c=ea265d&gd3c=bcf055&md1c=700302&md2c=b268bc&md3c=790507&ac=304366&ac2=304366&maturity=648&costume=companion_yuletide_corgi_rudolph&unconscious=&size=500&owned=1(&size=250)[/img.]

- When you're responding to someone in the forums, hit the blue @ at the bottom of their post, it'll ping them and notify them you responded to them.

- If you need a pet genetically tested(This will show if it has carried or hidden traits that can't be seen elsewise, or reveal mutations before the pet is an adolescent, or reveal mutations that are carried or have hidden traits), look in Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services(Clickable link) forum.
Many users, including myself, offer free testing to those who don't have Exceptional Genetic Test Kits.

- You can buy Diamonds(The site's premium currency), on the Currency Exchange(Clickable link), for gold that you may have saved up. Diamonds can be used to buy stables and other Diamonds Shop items. Elsewise, Diamonds can bought with real money, here:
Diamond Shop

- You can buy an array of different items for gold off the Trade Broker(Clickable link). So if you're ever looking for something you may need, such as gear, pet dyes, genetic mutators, avatar items, etc, you can look there.

- Pet rarity. As you progress through the game, you'll come across different rarities of Sylestis. Here's a mini guide on the rarity and the traps needed for each rarity:

The color of the stars on a pet represents the rarity of the pet you're encountering and how many trait points it has.

One thing to note is how trait points work, a carried trait is worth 1 trait point while a visible trait is worth 2 trait points.

Common/Grey/White Stars: No trait points.

Uncommon/Green Stars: 1 trait point. Can be only 1 carried trait.

Rare/Blue Stars: 2 trait points. Can be either 2 carried traits, or 1 visible.

Epic/Purple Stars: 4 trait points. Can be 2 visible, 4 carried, or 1 visible and 2 carried.

Legendary/Orange/Yellow Stars: 6 trait points. Can be 3 visible, 2 visible and 2 carried, 1 visible and 4 carried, or 6 carried.

Mythical/Red Stars: 8 trait points. Can be 4 visible, 3 visible and 2 carried, or 2 visible and 4 carried.

Outside of the Lost Grove(The current endgame content), the only way to trap a Legendary or Mythical Pet in battle is with a Masterful Snare Trap, which can be purchased from the diamond shop, from other users on the trade broker, or earned through the Seasonal Festival(Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter) task of catching 50 themed pets. Masterful Snare Traps immediately catch the pet it's used on.

Any traps from the areas outside of the Lost Grove can fail when attempting to use them to catch a pet. This may lead to multiple traps used or a pet running away from the battle to avoid being caught. So, if you're trying to catch a pet, and it suddenly disappears from the battle but is not in your stables, that means it ran away.
I remember reading that the lower you make a pet's health, the higher your chance you have of catching it.

Common pets can be caught with any type of trap.

Uncommon pets need a Lesser Snare Trap at least to catch it. Standard and Strong Snare Traps can be used for them as well.

Rare pets need a Standard Snare Trap at least to catch it. Strong Snare Traps can be used on them as well.

Epic pets need a Strong Snare trap to catch them.

You can use a Masterful Snare Trap on any rarity outside of Legendary and Mythical, but they're rarely worth using on anything below that rarity unless it's a valuable themed pet.

In the Lost Grove, the traps you use are effective based on the pet's health. The higher rarity of the trap, the less health you need lower from the pet to attempt to catch them. Though it can still take multiple attempts to catch the pet, but unlike in the other areas of the game, it can't run away.
Also, the higher rarity a pet is in the Lost Grove, the stronger it is. So, don't be too surprised if you get killed by a higher rarity pet, especially while still starting out in the Lost Grove.
You can also use Masterful Snare Traps in the Lost Grove.

~

I went ahead and sent you some spare avatar items! To use them, go to your inventory(Under your account tab), click one item at a time, then press the "Use Item" button that'll have lit up blue. It would have been previously been greyed out before clicking the item.
Then after that, you can go to your Wardrobe(Also under the account tab), and sort through the items to figure out what you'd want to wear. ^-^
Edited By Draculina on 6/2/2023 at 12:43 AM.
Ladylulu
Level 46
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/2/2023 at 12:45 AM Post #3
Wow! Thank you so much!

I do have a few questions though... would you be willing to answer them?

And thank you for the items! That was really nice.
Edited By Ladylulu on 6/2/2023 at 12:49 AM.
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Posted: 6/2/2023 at 12:49 AM Post #4
You're welcome, and I'd be happy to answer the questions if I can. ^^
Ladylulu
Level 46
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/2/2023 at 12:56 AM Post #5
How do you get tokens? I looked in the shop and wanted to buy outfits, but couldnt because I dont have tokens.

Also, how can I add a sylesti to my party?
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Posted: 6/2/2023 at 1:10 AM Post #6
Peerless Avatar tokens can be obtained in a few different ways. They can be won in Official Site Games(Clickable Link) from the final round in Pick a Door(Which isn't currently active and depends on the door you pick), from completing the entire current list of Spring Fest Tasks(Clickable Link), and can be bought from other users for gold off the Trade Broker(Clickable Link) under the Badges and Tokens section when selecting the item type.

You can buy outfits off the trade broker for gold, so you could look through all the different avatar item sections and see if one of those items may be one you want for yourself once you have some gold saved.

If you mean, how to purchase a party spot, since you're in the first section in the game, you'd go to Esior's Haven(Clickable Link), then to the Sylesti Plaza. There'll be an option there to buy a party pet slot.

If you mean how to add a pet to your party, this is how:

Under your explore tab, press the tab that says Party.
It'll take you here: https://www.sylestia.com/explore/party/

After that, you'll see your three party slots, or at least three boxes that say something along the lines of Party Slot 1, or Party Slot 2.
Fair warning though, while you automatically have your first slot, you have to unlock the second and third. You unlock the second in Viridian Meadows in the town Esior's Haven, at the Sylesti Plaza. You unlock the third after you reach Umbra Forest in the Sanctuary of Saerielle, in the Plaza.

To add a pet to your party, look at the selections you're provided.

Under the first tab that says "Select or load a preset", you'll see a second tab with your stable's name. Across from that tab, you'll see a tab with the first Sylesti in that stable's name. Press that tab, and look and scroll through it until you've found the pet you want to add to your party, and click their name.
After doing that, next to the tab you just selected your Sylesti from, there's a green plus sign, .
Press that sign, and it'll add the pet to your party.
After that, press the button that'll have lit up green that says "Set Party". That'll save your selections and your party will have been updated for you to use with the added pet/pets.

To take a pet out of your party, hit the red minus sign next to their image in the party set you see, and it'll take them out. You would then follow the steps previously listed to add another Sylesti in place of them to your party.
You'd once again have to hit the "Set Party" button to save your selections.

~

I hope this explains. ^-^
Edited By Draculina on 6/2/2023 at 1:23 AM.
Ladylulu
Level 46
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/2/2023 at 1:16 AM Post #7
Oh my gosh!

You have been so helpful, thanks for taking the time to make sure Im comfortable playing this game. I appreciate your help so much!
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Posted: 6/2/2023 at 1:24 AM Post #8
You're welcome. ^-^
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 96
Posted: 6/2/2023 at 1:38 PM Post #9
Hello and welcome to Sylestia. I hope you enjoy your stay and have plenty of good times. ^-^
Ladylulu
Level 46
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/3/2023 at 5:35 PM Post #10
Thanks!

Do you have any tips for me?
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.