Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Artwork Trades > SD's art & commissions! (hi im n...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Strangirdanger
Level 75
Threads: 4
Posted: 3/11/2023 at 9:46 PM Post #1
Hey everyone, I'm a little new to posting here, but I thought I'd go for it, and with summer coming fast I figured there should be plenty of time for me to practice a bit (a lot) during my three months of boredom. I'm comfortable with pretty much anything, be it animals, humans, plants, objects, and full landscapes/scenes. For people, my most familiar style is anime/manga (my first serious drawing style), but I'm also capable of drawing realistic, cartoon, or just tell me if there's a particular way in which you would like me to draw, and I'll do it!
This is also in part a kind of intro for me into the world of business in art. I've been thinking for years now about actually opening a shop, but I figured I could try out with something more like this first. (Also, I am in need of more vinethorn stuff.)
Anyway, enough of my rambling. Here's some of the digital art I've done so far (I can do several other mediums though):
A - Depths (2023)

B - Pen/ink (2022)

C - Hunter (TOH fanart) (2023)

D - Amity (TOH fanart) (2023)

E - more experimenting with digital art (second painting on Photoshop) (2023)

F - OC Character Design (2023)

G - first digital art piece (2022)

Timeframe:
Depending on the request and time of year, the amount of time any piece might take will vary. For example, a digital art 3000x3000 character piece can take 2-7 days, while a more refined scene (usually 2160x3840, but other sizes can be requested) can take up to 2 months.
for some examples (refer to the pieces I mentioned above)
pieces like A, C, and D took only one or two days to finish, whereas B and G took one week during the summer (which could easily be 3-5 weeks otherwise). E took about 3 weeks, with around an average of 1-2 hours a week, while F took about 3 weeks, with 3 hours per week. Keep in mind that it will vary quite a bit depending on if I have any other work to do!

Pricing:
I accept gold/diamonds mainly, but I'm open to any trades/offers, as long as you think they are worth as much!
For digital art, prices will vary depending on size and subject.
for some examples (again refer to the pictures)
a 3000x3000 (square, but high res) character like C and D might be around 30K gold or 30 diamonds
a 2160x3840 (still high res) scene like E and G would be roughly 90K or 90 diamonds
a pen and ink sketch will have a starting value of 25K or 25 diamonds, but can vary based on size (default is 9x12 in)
(The down payment for anything is 10K or 10 diamonds)

The exception is if its anything TOH (the owl house) themed, because why not! The discount is 50% on anything.

I will send updates and the final piece through PM at major points in the art process (first sketch, drafts, before final details, etc.), so you can check up and give feedback or ask for changes if you wish!

You can use the final piece(s) for anything, like pfps, though a small credit would be nice ^-^
Edited By Strangirdanger on 3/24/2023 at 9:13 PM.
Unstaeble
Level 75
Stoneheart Savior
Threads: 138
Posted: 3/17/2023 at 2:16 PM Post #2
Hello and welcome! :o I absolutely love your art and would love to get a couple of commissions from you of these characters
( Dimitri - Cypress - Eva ). I can PM any unwatermarked referenced as well as discuss any extra details, clothing, etc that you might need ^^

I really like the sketchy colored style you have in F, would you be able to do something like that with existing characters? /genq
I would be willing to do 200k per piece because with how talented you are the time you put in I think your art is worth a lot more (I also have access to finding a lot of vinethorn gear that I would also be able to send regardless, feel free to just let me know what set(s) you need!)

Completely unrelated, always nice to see another TOH fan :D
Strangirdanger
Level 75
Posted: 3/17/2023 at 11:12 PM Post #3
Hello! I would love to draw Dimitri, Cypress, and Eva. For style, I can absolutely do it in the same style as in F. Would you prefer I add some color to the characters as well, or leave it in greyscale?
For the characters, you can let me know if you want multiple characters in one piece or on their own or both and all that, and any other prefs.
For pricing, I appreciate your offer a lot (every penny (gold) counts), and I do need a few pieces of vinethorn (getting some of it isn't the hardest thing, but getting the right pieces is); only enough for my main party. Mainly, as of now, I still need a few relics (warden, reaver, and stormcaller), and 2 of each for bracers (just as a list of what I am currently trying to get in general, I'm happy with whatever works best for you).

Also, thank you for the kind words, they mean a lot. ^-^ glad to meet another TOH fan too \o/
Unstaeble
Level 75
Stoneheart Savior
Threads: 138
Posted: 3/18/2023 at 11:55 AM Post #4
Color would be great if it works ^^ I'd prefer them drawn in with their Fantasy AU designs unless you see something you would like to draw instead, feel free to ask!

Dimitri and Eva are sisters and Dimitri and Cypress are partners so if you have an idea for doing multiple poses with either of those you're welcome to do so, otherwise individual pieces work too (whatever is easiest for you to do). There should be some descriptions of personality on their profile but I don't remember if any are outdated. Some other little ideas/lore (not required): Dimitri has a frog named Speckles that could be drawn with him, Eva likes sunflowers and also likes to look for little trinkets for her girlfriend as a gift, Cypress has no clue what fashion is and mostly just wears black/white flowy shirts with whatever (100% legally aquired) jeweled earrings he has

I've been sick this week so I haven't had a chance to do my temple runs yet and I tend to get a good chunk of vinethorn from it so I can send any I find that match to what you still need! Feel free to either send back or sell whatever you might not need as I don't use it anymore now that my prim sets are maxed ^^

Of course! Always amazing to see new artists and players :D
Strangirdanger
Level 75
Posted: 3/18/2023 at 4:25 PM Post #5
Fantasy AU designs and yes color gotcha ;)

Thanks for letting me know about the lore and the relationships ^-^ I can do multiple poses/characters in each piece; I'll sketch a few (2-4) thumbnails, and you can choose which ones you want. I'm always open to feedback, so if you like a sketch but want to add, tweak, take out, or change anything that works too.

Thank you so much for the gear! this helps me a lot ^-^
I'm sorry to hear you've been sick lately, hope you get better soon!
Crystalgh0st9
Level 73
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 16
Posted: 3/23/2023 at 2:07 PM Post #6
hihi !!! super interested in your commissions if they're still open!!

do you have any examples of characters in the style of B or is that mostly just for scenes?
(if not, im super interested in the F style as well!)

let me know /nf /norush <333
Strangirdanger
Level 75
Posted: 3/23/2023 at 9:06 PM Post #7
Hello!

For B, I'm afraid I do not have any drawings in that style, since that piece is pen and ink on paper, but I can do characters in the same style if you want!

I am also able to use digital art to the same effect as in B, which would basically be F without shading (just an outline).
Reneerenee16
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 127
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 12:16 PM Post #8
For a piece like C or D Would I be able to commission a piece of my lovely baby here? If you don't draw dragons or critters than I'd also love your interpretation of him as a human(oid). He's very Spirited and playful personality wise, while still a tad introverted. As a baby here he's be about 8 y/o as a humn(oid) if that matters.
If colors are hard to make out in any way I can also show a picture or what he looks like as an adult.

Strangirdanger
Level 75
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 9:12 PM Post #9
Hello! I'd be happy to draw him. Unfortunately, at the moment I am a little bit busy with personal stuff, so it might take 1-2 before I can properly begin. Otherwise, that all sounds good! I am able to draw dragons (though it may take a bit longer since I am more experienced with drawing humans/humanoids), and if there's any other preferences you have, feel free to let me know!
Reneerenee16
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 127
Posted: 3/25/2023 at 9:20 PM Post #10
Honestly if you'd be willing to try both humanoid and dragon i'm more than willing to pay the second 30k for the second version for a 60k total with very possible tip after completion. however since you are busy I am also willing to wait as long as need be if you are willing to maybe do both versions (separate pieces, same style - or one piece, artists choice.)

If it helps with outfit ideas for him also, I do have his outfit plan which you can use or base off of for a humanoid version of him. His personality is very playful and a bit mischievous so any pose or ideas with that in mind would be fine. If I were to sum him up, he's a giant toddler who loves to get into everything lol.
Edited By Reneerenee16 on 7/11/2023 at 10:20 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.