Forum Index > News and Announcements > Faelora Revamp Information
Page 3 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zekotan
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/16/2023 at 11:56 PM Post #21
I am super excited about the revamp, but I do have 1 tiny question.

Will the Faes be able to keep their carries?

I am very invested in a few of my Faes carries, but I didn't want to breed them until after the revamp if I could help it, so I'm mainly asking to figure out if I should try to get offspring with the carries so they aren't permanently lost on some of my older themes.
Mysticmother
Level 61
The Perfectionist
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/17/2023 at 9:15 AM Post #22
this might of already been asked somewhere but for the life of me i can't find it, so i apologize if this is the case.
but if a fae was bred with a restricted gene or mut, when they're re-generated with the update do we have the choice to keep that trait or will we lose it?
Lunarmoon04
Level 31
Threads: 7
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 11:44 AM Post #23
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105483&page=1#1
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 3/10/2023 at 1:33 PM

Slowly, but surely, the Faelora Revamp is chugging along and nearing completion. It has been a little bit since our last update, so I wanted to share some more information about the revamp process with everyone. I still cannot provide an actual date of when the revamp will go live, but we are getting closer.

Quick Overview

With the Faelora Revamp, we worked hard to maintain the original feel of both their base artwork as well as many of their Traits. We focused on modernizing the artwork and adding more depth to what was already there. As such, in the end, the core concept remains the same but players should have a lot more customization available to them when designing revamped Faelora.

Utilizing the following color allocations, you can see the difference in bases comparing the Original Adult Male Faelora to the Revamped Adult Male Faelora. As you can see, we have added a lot more depth.

Original: https://krinadon.s-ul.eu/9ssUjG3xbervsk2M
Revamped: https://krinadon.s-ul.eu/xNNLLKX7yCtnVoWh

Regarding their Traits, we have spliced and moved around their Traits to provide better flow and organization. This is one of the main reasons we revamp older species. Below are the new allocations for each Trait Slot:

Gene One: Full Body Patterns and Runes
Gene Two: Accented Body Patterns and Runes
Gene Three: Flower/Tail Patterns and Runes
Mutation One: Leg Vines, Main Body
Mutation Two: Neck Flower, Tails, Effects
Mutation Three: Head Flower/Horns, Head

Full Trait List

Gene One
A - Okapi
B - Antelope
C - Skeleton
D - Jurassic
E - Zebra
F - Jungle Stripes
G - Numbat
H - Wildcat
I - Leaf Veins
+ J - Freckles
+ K - Dapple
+ L - Wild Spots
+ M - Ghost Shroud

Gene Two
A - Nature Runes
B - Leaf Impression
C - Floral Design
D - Lucky Runes
E - Valentine Lace*

Gene Three
A - Spotted Flower
B - Frosted Flower
C - Orchid
D - Diamonds
+ E - Stripes
+ F - Variegated
+ G - Iridescence

Mutation One
A - Fae Wings
B - Woodland Harness
C - Glowing Mushrooms
D - Spooky Branches
E - Jingle Bell Harness
F - Fae Rings
G - Vine Flowers

Mutation Two
A - Glowing Mushroom Flower
B - Autumn Flower
C - Jingle Bell Collar
D - Ghostly Aura
E - Dryad Tail*
F - Fae Dust
G - Lucky Dust*
H - Spring Blossoms*

Mutation Three
A - Glowing Mushroom Cap
B - Autumn Flower Cap
C - Bone Mask
D - Flowered Headdress
E - Dryad Headdress*
F - Woodland Bridle
G - Jingle Bell Bridle
+ H - Flowered Crown

* = Restricted Trait
+ = New Trait

Re-Generation Information

For those who are unaware of what a Re-Generation is, it is when we allow a player to re-allocate an existing pet's colors and/or Trait Points. Traditionally, this has been mostly an all-or-nothing approach for the most part. If a pet is eligible for a Re-Generation, they traditionally have been able to basically select any Trait that was available prior to that specific pet's creation.

However, the Faelora Re-Generation process will work similarly to how the Nytekrie one worked. We will allow players to reallocate Traits on a per-Trait basis. While the specifics have not been finalized yet, as always, we will try and be as lenient as we can to allow players to update their existing pets without feeling like they lost something.

I will also be looking to make some updates to the Re-Generation process, as it was very convoluted last time around.

Themed Designs

As we have done with the last few revamps, we will be updating their Themed Designs to make sure they are correct and look good post Revamp. Once we have finished the first pass, we will make a separate post showcasing what we have selected and open the thread for feedback. We will then make any final adjustments and then fully switch over the Themed Designs.

At that point, players will have the option of freely updating their existing Faelora Themed Pets to the new design, or leaving them as is. This will apply both to Themed Pets and Purebred Offspring.

We are planning to do this process basically exactly how we did the Nytekrie and Lupora as we think it works well.

Final Notes

Please note, not everything is 100% set in stone. we may still change some things. We are still working on last minute artwork changes and still tinkering with layering and the image building code. While I feel pretty confident that what's showcased here is final, anything is still subject to be changed. So please just keep that in mind in case we do end up changing something.

We are almost wrapped up with this project, but there still is a tiny bit more to go. The revamp will also be releasing with a new 6-Trait Restricted Trait Set that we have not showcased yet. As soon as we have more information on the timing of the revamp or other updates, we will be sure to make another announcement.

In the meantime, if you have any feedback to provide, please let us know!
they look amazing
Lunarmoon04
Level 31
Threads: 7
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 11:45 AM Post #24
cool
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 30
Posted: 4/15/2023 at 4:18 AM Post #25
Most recent update about the revamp from Krinadon Via Fortune Event Overview:

"The Faelora Revamp, for real this time, is wrapping up. It will be my focus this week and probably next week. Hopefully, if things stay on schedule, we should be looking at its release late next week or the week after. More details will come as I can provide them."

Which was posted on 4/10/2023 for anyone curious about the status.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.