Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 3/10/2023 at 3:00 PM Post #11
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105483&page=1#10
Author: Aelingalathynius
Time Posted: 3/10/2023 at 2:29 PM
Are the artists like, OK? It feels like this revamp is taking a lot longer than usual, with kind of the same "almost done" update for the last few months. I'm sure all of y'all are working hard, but just a bit curious about what's going on.

I've got to agree with ael and cat - the art does look lovely and I'm quite excited to see how good my 6vs will look after regen! However I do think a better gene allocation would be body/head&flower/legs.

But... ~6 of the 18(? I think 18) months of revamp have been 'finishing up' or finishing touches. Are the artists alright? I'm also a little concerned considering fortune week and spring fest are approaching fast - and generally we get new traits then too. I can't help but notice how sparse the new G2 list seems.

All in all, looking forward to the revamp and pass on my well wishes to the artists. =)
Shastasnow
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/10/2023 at 4:18 PM Post #12
Hi,

I feel the draws are great, but maybe the young male should have a wider gate with his front legs to make up for the tightness of the back legs. Could help bring some more weight and energy to the character. The current drawing works well because their is a bit of a curve to the upper spine to help with the neck. The current male baby deer has good weight and I feel the revamp should work to that strength. For the most part I agree with the other comments but I feel the base is just as important. I am in no hurry for the revamp but just my 2 cents.

Thank you,

-Shasta
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 30
Posted: 3/10/2023 at 5:56 PM Post #13
*cautiously approaches the forum*
Hello its me again~

The art looks wonderful, the babies are so cute too <3

I see that a lot is changing with the genes/mutation slots. Some combinations of traits i really like wont be possible anymore. But thats what a revamp is about, change.

Some of the changes will undoubtably feel like a loss to some. So i suppose i will just ask some questions rather than complain.

I see the trend of 3 trait armor slots has been implemented with mutations, curious to see what those will look like : )

Fae dust (current version):

From what i see, there is M1 Fae Rings and M2 Fae Dust - are these two traits a separation of our current fae dust?
Catinheadlights
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 27
Posted: 3/10/2023 at 6:09 PM Post #14
Not a huge deal, but just noticed the gradient on the female's head flower was turned off in this preview ^^;

Also, looking at the bases more closely, the female's flower I think could use shading/highlights with sharper edges, and highlights that are just a bit less opaque, to more closely match the texture of the male's leaves. I will say that since the reshading, the male's leaves look lovely.
Edited By Catinheadlights on 3/10/2023 at 6:10 PM.
Tarotsalt
Level 52
Posted: 3/10/2023 at 6:32 PM Post #15
It looks so good!
Ashes
Level 75
Benevolent Brewer
Posted: 3/11/2023 at 1:57 AM Post #16
Hi!

Took me a while to come up with a response.

I feel there is lack of consistence with the Adult Male as far as ear and head size to the others.

I am not sure what is happening but I agree you guys should take the time you need but can understand the frustrations people are having but this stuff takes time and can only get better with time.

Thanks ^.^

Best wishes
Spaceshiprat
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 3/11/2023 at 2:46 AM Post #17
Well, It can't be surprising it is taking a long time when people are requesting so many small fixes. To resize a part for example, would mean editing, re-uploading and checking for errors like, 40 layers one by one! The result will be stunning though.
Astralcrescent
Level 52
Threads: 18
Posted: 3/11/2023 at 3:38 AM Post #18
Yeah not to chime in like a stooge, but art takes a very. Very. VERY long time. Especially with pet sites with things like genes and apparel. You have to go in and retroactively account for every combination of traits/mutations AND keep an eye on their alpha/color mapping layers and making sure the dynamic color generating is working as intended. We are talking HUNDREDS of layers, here!

Thankfully if the genes and mutations are on separate layers, rebinding the slots shouldn't be too hard.

Once again I offer the disclaimer of I don't know what the back-end here is like (I have noticed the completely different syntax frameworks between profile and forum, tho.... lol...) and am only speaking generically from my own experience as a former volunteer artist for ACertainOtherPetsite and -looks at smudge on hand- FFXI model porter. (It takes a village to get those bones to work.)
Edited By Astralcrescent on 3/11/2023 at 3:39 AM.
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 30
Posted: 3/11/2023 at 7:38 PM Post #19
For anyone who wants to see the previews we have been shown so far, heres some links (so i dont bloat up this thread)
Im linking these only to show progress all in once place and understand that these images are not final and may change in the end : )

The following are from Faelora Revamp Update from 8/30/2022
*Early preview of Wild Spots
*Early preview of Ghost Shroud
*Early preview of a New Gene which was not named
*Early preview of Okapi which was then *updated to look like this
*Early preview of Jurassic

The following are from Faelora Revamp (Final Update) from 12/16/2022
"Adult Female with a slew of Traits"
"Adult Male with a slew of Traits"

The following are from Faelora Revamp Teaser from 2/3/2023
*Preview of Default, Jurassic, Jungle Stripes, Numbat, Wildcat, Dapple, Wild Spots, Ghost Shroud
*Preview of Leaf Impression, Lucky Runes, Valentine Lace, Stripes, Variegated, and Iridescence
*Preview of Fae Wings, Woodland Harness/Bridle, Flowered Vines, Autumn Flower/Cap, Dryad Tail/Headdress, Bone Mask

(Edit: forgot a forum and couple of images.)
Edited By Meeku on 3/11/2023 at 7:50 PM.
Agilupa
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 23
Posted: 3/12/2023 at 6:22 PM Post #20
They're so cool! I'm so excited! Although, I can't help but wonder if Jungle Stripes should stay in G2? it doesn't take up a whole lot of space, and I've always thought of it as akin to Nature Runes somewhat...
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.