Players 2,371 350
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,251,830 1,159
Generated 656,350 34
Captured 1,190,833 51
Bred 6,404,552 1,074
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Vierna Da'Sheer?
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 26
Posted: 1/18/2014 at 6:02 PM Post #1
Any tips on how to Defeat Vierna Da'Sheer?
She's been kicking my butt for the past couple weeks and no matter the strategy I've tried, Elixers, Potions, Specializing stats in specifics, she kills off my pets quite quickly. Even at level 60.

Any specific strategy other than use Items to restore pets?
She appears to have soldiers at her sides but no matter how many I kill they seem to be limitless.
Edited By Animela on 1/18/2014 at 6:02 PM.
Donmino
Level 70
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 1/18/2014 at 6:31 PM Post #2
One of the biggest tips: don't kill her undead. Leave them there. Fire proficiency pets are dangerous because of this :O They might kill the undead accidentally. Killing them only powers her up, making her harder and harder to kill.

When part two of the battle hits, make certain to use your mana before she does her transfusion thing :O! There's a pattern to it, so count how many moves there are between the transfusions and use your the turn before.

Summary: Don't kill zombies, and don't let her drain your mana.
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/18/2014 at 6:48 PM Post #3
Oh gee no wonder. XD
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.
I'll probably try again in an hour.
Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 17
Posted: 1/22/2014 at 5:36 AM Post #4
What was previously posted... I made that mistake, and was getting hit for a max of 10-12k in the end. @.@

Then I learned not to kill the undead, and never lost again.
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/22/2014 at 5:41 AM Post #5
Yeah I know what you mean. I can get past her now but that Shade is being a butt.
Does the Mana transfusion thing about every 3-4 turns from what I've seen but the other attacks hit too hard that I can't really get an edge on it. Going to have to do mass runs on Missions and hope for higher elixers than I can buy because what I -can- buy isn't giving enough juice to keep up with the health demands at all.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/22/2014 at 2:26 PM Post #6
I was looking at your party and there's gear issues that if those are fixed you'd probably have an easier time. I can either message you if you'd like or you can tell me what proficiencies your pets are supposed to be here.

Also, it can be a bit time consuming but here's a tip to help with Vierna Da'Sheer. Go into Aryth's Spire before the fight to find one of the random elixirs that you can drink. They'll help give a boost for the fight. With my team I still might use I think three or four Strong Restore Elixir IIIs. I'm careful to use these when she's not going to do transfusion.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can get Strong Restore Elixir III's randomly from legendary lvl 50 mission satchels and from Ethernia's Town Hall for 1,800 gold if you're trusted.
Edited By Savynn on 1/22/2014 at 2:46 PM.
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/22/2014 at 3:42 PM Post #7
Well I was going with the set-up my aunt had recommended. I chose the pets myself but I may have to switch them. I know Neritha is wearing some armor not recommended for her and there may be other mixups due to either the information getting stuck on the page and not being able to see what I'm clicking or just getting stuck in general. My Un-named Draeyl is set to fire but it's easy enough to just switch to "A" attacks instead of the "1" keystroke attacks for him to avoid killing undead in the first round.
Other than that though the set-up has gotten me through the game more quickly than my Husband's choice of set-up.

INTELLIGENCE - Chosen Pet: http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=394363
Level-Ups:
1 Point per level to Health
3 Points per level to Intelligence
(Example: Level 55 gets 55 points to Health, and 165 points to Intelligence)

Proficiencies:
Fire Proficiency Tree > 10 points on Intelligence (Levels 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50)
Light Proficiency Tree > 2 points on Intelligence (Levels 55 and 60)

Equipment:
Recommend Evoker, Illusionist, or Crusader.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEALTH - Chosen Pet: http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=394051
Level-Ups:
1 Point per level to Agility
3 Points per level to Health
(Example: Level 55 gets 55 points to Agility, and 165 points to Health)

Proficiencies:
Shadow Proficiency Tree > 10 points on Health (Levels 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50)
Earth Proficiency Tree > 2 points on Health (Levels 55 and 60)

Equipment:
Recommend Warden or Disciple.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STRENGTH - Chosen Pet: http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=394051
Level-Ups:
1 Point per level to Health
3 Points per level to Strength
(Example: Level 55 gets 55 points to Health, and 165 points to Strength)

Proficiencies:
Air Proficiency Tree > 10 points on Strength (Levels 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50)
Water Proficiency Tree > 2 points on Strength (Levels 55 and 60)

Equipment:
Recommend Myrmidon, Assassin, or Crusader.

As for more Elixers I've already gotten 32 of the little vials out of of satchels already but I'm pretty sure I'd like to have more on hand. I can't get them from Ethernia yet because I haven't been able to grind for Trusted quite yet. I'm still labeled as Indifferent.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/23/2014 at 12:50 AM Post #8
I wouldn't call myself an expert but I will tell you what has worked for me.

First of all for this fight I would recommend either bringing a different pet than your fire pet or changing it temporarily to a light proficiency pet since fire and light pets would use the same equipment. I personally go in with a shadow/light/wind combination but any type of pet where you can use it's normal main attack for the first round would probably be helpful. A Fireball does considerable more damage the Focused Attack but it's not being able to be used. A light pet's Beam would also do considerable more damage. Beam also has the added bonus of being capable of restoring health to your party. Still, the fight can be done with a fire pet. I've brought mine along when I forget to change out occasionally.

My main concern when I looked at your team was the type of gear. I wouldn't use warden, disciple, or crusader for any battle pet and instead reserve that gear for mission pets where secondary stats aren't so much of a concern.

Fire Based Draeyl

For your fire pet I would only use Evoker. The relic should have only magical damage. As I understand things, the physical damage on the relic equipped right now isn't actually being used. A pet can only use either physical damage or magical damage. Any extra stats in the weaker of the two is wasted. I'll see if I can get this confirmed. The reason for Evoker and nothing else is that a magical damage based attack pet benefits most from gear with intelligence and dexterity. Of course a good dose of health in proficiencies and better gear can be useful, but since the pet is tanking I wouldn't worry about agility. Your tank is the one that agility benefits the most from since it's the one getting mostly attacked. So dexterity that increases critical hit chance is more valuable for any non-tank pet. You've been selecting pieces with intelligence which is good. The intelligence increases magical damage and magical damage is what the core attacks of a magic based pet relies on. And that is why it's also important for the relic to also only have magical damage for this pet as well.

Regarding the proficiencies, I would consider at least putting five points of health in. That can really help survivability. I would remain also in one tree. I checked and it appears you're not able to get to the second tier ability if you don't stay in one tree. But I'm not sure if that really truly matters. I just like the abilities of the second tier quite a bit myself. (When not fighting something like Vierna, I personally enjoy having a light pet for Fairy Light and a fire pet using Fireball.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Tank (Assuming Neritha but she got linked for this and the strength based pet.)

So Neritha is basically a shadow tank and I'd recommend exclusively Illusionist gear. No Disciple or Warden. Why Illusionist? It's two main stats are intelligence and agility. Agility is wonderful for tanks. It increases physical mitigation, magical mitigation, avoidance chance, and quickness. So I would recommend agility as a major stat for any tank. The reason for intelligence is to help strengthen her core abilities as a shadow tank. Force is a magical damage attack. Right now Neritha's magical damage ability is much weaker than her physical damage when as a shadow tank the magical damage should be higher. Her relic should be one that also only has magical damage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Air

I would recommend only Myrmidon. Myrmidon has both Strength and Dexterity. Strength is needed for the core abilities of an Air based pet which are physical damage attacks. Strength increases physical damage just like intelligence increases magical damage. You would also want to use a relic that only has physical damage. Dexterity is used here just like dexterity is used for any other non-tanking pet: increasing critical crit chance and accuracy.

Regarding the proficiencies, I would at least put five points of health in for survivability.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in the end this is how I would recommend gearing your pets.

non-tanking magical damage based pets - Evoker (Intelligence/Dexterity) - magical damage relic

non-tanking physical damage based pets - Myrmidon (Strength/Dexterity) - physical damage relic

tanking magical damage based pets - Illusionist (Intelligence/Agility) - magical damage relic

tanking physical damage based pets - Assassin (Strength/Agility) - physical damage relic

Eventually, you may find some mythic gear in the dungeon. There's four types and, though their names are different, they correspond to Evoker, Myrmidon, Illusionist, and Assassin gear. Things become easier as you're able to equip mythic gear to your pets. There is a legendary set from Arena that is almost just as good if you want to try to pick up some better gear that way instead.

Mythic Dungeon of the Forsaken Gear
Archon's = Evoker
Primalist's = Myrmidon
Revenant's = Illusionist
Natureguard's = Assassin

Trying to think if there's anything I've forgotten. I might have forgotten to mention something.
Edited By Savynn on 1/23/2014 at 1:02 AM.
Roseydove
Level 71
The Dreamer
Threads: 24
Posted: 3/21/2014 at 11:58 AM Post #9
Why are the bosses so hard?
Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 17
Posted: 3/21/2014 at 6:09 PM Post #10
They are supposed to be epic battles for each region. Once you get a good idea on what to expect from each boss, and have decent gear, they aren't too hard. Unless you are rolling with stat bred sylesti (40+ stats at level 0) I wouldn't suggest fighting the bosses without atleast Orange or red gear!
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.