Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/22/2022 at 10:33 PM Post #1
Here is the official announcement thread for this year's Black Friday Extravaganza!

Start Time: Wednesday, November 23rd at 12:00 AM
Sales/Forum Games End Time: Sunday, December 4th at 11:59 PM
Wheel of Themed End Time: Sunday, December 11th at 11:59 PM

Coinciding with the conclusion of this year's Fall Festival and the start of the Winter Festival's Advent Calendar (December 1st), this is definitely a very busy time of the year for Sylestia!

As has been tradition here for our Black Friday Extravaganzas, we will make available items and Themed Pets that may not necessarily be regularly available in the game anymore as well as heftily discounting pretty much all Diamond prices site-wide. We also have multiple little mini-games with great and unique prizes to give away as well!

We wish everyone an extremely safe and happy week. Please take care of yourselves and those you care for!

Dream Pet Giveaway Raffle

The Dream Pet Giveaway Raffle is returning! Below are all of the details:

What is a Dream Pet?
A Dream Pet will be a 4-Visible Generated Pet that the player can completely customize - including even the use of Restricted Traits! On top of that, these Dream Pets will also come with 2,000 Base Health, 200 Base Mana, and 100 Base Stats! This will allow players to utilize these majestic Dream Pets right into their starting battle Party without the worry of them being inferior battlers. And yes, these are 4-Visible!

Since the goal of these Pets has always been for players to be able to battle with them and Wild Stats are now pretty much required to reach the end-game content of the Lost Grove, these Pets will also be receiving the following Wild Stats: 540 Wild Health, 72 Wild Mana, and 45 Wild Stats.

The trade-off is that these Dream Pets will be Infertile and unable to have any offspring.

How Can I Win a Dream Pet?
For every $10 that a player spends on Diamond Bundles from Wednesday, 11/23 at 12:00 AM through Sunday, 12/4 at 11:59 PM, they will have 1 Raffle Ticket added into the pot.

After the Diamond Sale ends, we will draw 10 players who will each win their own Dream Pet! While there is no limit on the amount of Raffle Tickets that you can add into the pot, you will be limited to winning a maximum of 1 Dream Pet.

What Happens If I Win?
Once the drawing has taken place, we will send a PM to each of the 10 winners requesting for you to give us your Dream Pet design. Once we've received your design, we will create the Dream Pet for you and place it into your possession.

If you do not respond with your design within 4 weeks of us having sent you the PM, the prize will be revoked and we will draw another player from the pot to take your place.

Diamond Sale, Double XP Event, and Themed Pet Encounter Bonus

Start Time: Wednesday, November 23rd at 12:00 AM
End Time: Sunday, December 4th at 11:59 PM

During this time, there will be a Double XP Event and all Wild Themed within the Lost Grove will have a doubled base rate of being encountered!

For the Themed Encounter Rate Bonus, it is a doubled increase chance on the base rate. This means that this will stack with the Perfume Bonus!

Diamond Sale
https://www.sylestia.com/shops/diamondshop/

Diamonds: Receive 20% Extra Base Per Purchase!

Stable Purchase: 300 (40% Discount)

[Exceptional Genetic Test Kit]: 1,000 (33% Discount)
[Exceptional Genetic Scanner]: 1,000 (33% Discount)
[Exceptional Infertility Kit]: 1,000 (33% Discount)
[Masterful Snare Trap]: 250 (50% Discount)

[Philter of Trait Disruption]: 150 (50% Discount)
[Philter of Expedient Learning]: 150 (50% Discount)
[Perfume of Themed Attraction (Lost Grove)]: 50 (50% Discount)
[Perfume of Themed Attraction]: 100 (Limited Item) (33% Discount)
[Greater Genetic Mutator]: 120 (40% Discount)
[Greater Pet Dye]: 90 (40% Discount)
[Philter of Infertility]: 60 (40% Discount)
[Magical Pie]: 60 (40% Discount)
[Philter of Gender Swapping]: 60 (40% Discount)
[Prismatic Philter]: 40 (50% Discount)
[Philter of Health]: 20 (50% Discount)
[Philter of Mana]: 20 (50% Discount)

[All Divine Essences]: 1,000 (50% Discount)
[All Mystical Essences]: 500 (50% Discount)

[All Pet Companions]: 400 (50% Discount)

[Amulets of Youthful Illusions (4-Pack)]: 500 (50% Discount)
[Amulet of Youthful Illusions]: 200 (55% Discount)
[All Pet Costumes]: 200 (60% Discount)

Elemental Ferrikki Restricted Trait Scrolls: 500 (Limited Item)
Trait Extractor (Restricted Wild): 400 (New Item)
Trait Extractor Bundle (5-Pack): 1,500 (Limited Item)
[All Restricted Trait Disruptors]: 400 (20% Discount)
[Trait Disruptor (All Species - Lucky Dust)]: 240 (20% Discount)
[Lovely Mutator]: 240 (20% Discount)
[Lucky Mutator]: 240 (20% Discount)

[Black Friday Extravaganza Philter Bundle]: 3,900 (Limited Item - Limit 1 Per Player)
[Retired Avatar Item Bundle]: 2,600 (Limited Item - Limit 1 Per Player)
[Wheel of Themed Ticket (5-Pack)]: 2,000 (Limited Item)
[Wheel of Themed Ticket]: 500 (Limited Item)
[Avatar Item (Spring - Retired)]: 100 (Limited Item)
[Avatar Item (Summer - Retired)]: 100 (Limited Item)
[Avatar Item (Fall - Retired)]: 100 (Limited Item)
[Avatar Item (Winter - Retired)]: 100 (Limited Item)
[Avatar Item (Love - Retired)]: 100 (Limited Item)
[Avatar Item (Fortune - Retired)]: 100 (Limited Item)

Diamond Sale Event Progressive Bonus

During this Diamond Sale Event, any Diamonds spent (excludes Currency Exchange) will award you points towards four tiers of bonus rewards. Again, these are Diamonds spent - not purchased. Only Diamonds spent during this event will count towards these Progressive Bonus prizes.

There will be four prizes:

2,000 Spent = [Wheel of Themed Ticket]
4,000 Spent = Free Stable
6,000 Spent = Custom 3-Visible Themed Pet of Choice*
10,000 Spent = Event Category Avatar Item of Choice*

* = Some restrictions apply. See below.

Custom 3-Visible Themed Pet of Choice
You are eligible to receive a custom 3-Visible Themed Pet of your choice! You may choose from any Themed Pet in the game (with a few exceptions), its Gender, and its Traits. The following restrictions apply:

1. The Themed Pet must have been released in game by November 23rd, 2022.
2. If you choose a Restricted Themed Pet, it can only be a max of 2-Visible Traits.
3. All Traits will be Visible Traits only. No Carried nor Hidden Carried allowed.
4. Restricted Traits cannot be selected for non-Restricted Themed Pets.
5. If selecting a Restricted Themed Pet, only valid Restricted Traits that naturally appear on that Restricted Themed Pet can be selected.
6. If selecting a Lost Grove Themed Pet, you may choose a maximum of one Restricted Wild Trait. The Restricted Wild Trait must naturally appear on the Themed Pet. Restricted Wild Traits cannot be selected on non-Lost Grove Themed Pets.
7. The following Themed Pets cannot be chosen: Dawnbreaker Aeridini, Frostkeeper Aeridini, Mistwarden Aeridini, Faerina's Praetorian Ferrikki, Malgorus's Tyrannical Ferrikki, Raith's Ravaging Ferrikki, Saphryn's Desecrating Ferrikki, Vaeluna's Archangel Ferrikki, Wruen's Soothsaying Ferrikki..

Event Category Avatar Item of Choice
You are eligible to receive an Event Category Avatar Item of your choice. The following restrictions apply:

1. The Avatar Item must have been released in game by November 23rd, 2022.
2. The Avatar Item must be from the Event Category. Event Category Avatar Items are Avatar Items obtained from Events and Festivals. You can filter the Wardrobe by this Category.
3. The following Avatar Items cannot be chosen: Mini Grove Behemoth, Sylestia's Anniversary Items, Sylestian Service Items.

Wheel of Themed
https://www.sylestia.com/festival/black_friday/wheel_of_themed/

The Wheel of Themed is a very special wheel in which every spin results in a Themed Pet (Or, rarely, a very exclusive Avatar Item)! This wheel works in a special way where the available Themed Pets dynamically change depending on the population balances of each individual Themed Pet. The wheel focuses on Themed Pets that are much less populated than their counterparts with the goal of not only balancing populations, but also giving ultra rare Themed Pets a chance to receive some new Traits and offer new breeding opportunities.

At any given time, players can view the list on the Wheel of Themed's page to see how many of which Themed Pets are currently available to win. Once a Themed Pet has been won enough that its population has increased to predetermined values, it will no longer be available as a prize! This is to insure that it does not become overpopulated.

Also available are [Peerless Avatar Tokens], which can be used to purchase any items from Token Category of the Avatar Item Shop. This will allow you to exchange 1 Token for any Peerless Avatar Token Item of your choice!

You must have a [Wheel of Themed Ticket] to spin the wheel. Tickets can be purchased from the Diamond Shop or possibly obtained by participating in the various Black Friday Extravaganza Mini-Games.

Retired Avatar Items
https://www.sylestia.com/shops/avatar/?cat=4

There are over 150 different Retired Avatar Sets available for a limited time in the Avatar Shop! These include the old Monthly Avatar Items, Revamp Bundles, and other various miscellaneous sets that we have released over the years.

We have also added some new items to the Peerless Avatar Token Shop:

[Retired Avatar Item (Held)] and [Retired Avatar Item (Non-Held)]

There will be variations of these items available for each of the four major festivals: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. These items can be purchased for a [Peerless Avatar Token] each.

All of these bundles and items will only be available during the Black Friday Extravaganza, so don't miss out!

Mini-Games
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?forum=24

In order to make the event fun for everyone, we will be having an array of mini-games throughout this upcoming holiday weekend where most will require nothing more than just simple participation for a chance to win some amazing prizes! We will try to post details as soon as we can to give everyone a chance to plan ahead and take part.

Forum Games (TBA)
2022 Black Friday - Pick a Door Series (TBA)

Additionally, keep an eye out for Cornucopias hiding amongst random locations of the Site! Click to dig through one and claim a reward! Possibly rewards include Gold, Avatar items, the elusive Tom the Turkey, and even [Wheel of Themed Tickets]!

Cornucopias will only be available through Monday, November 28th, so don't miss out!

Advent Calendar Begins December 1st
And last, but not least, don't forget that our Advent Calendar Event will begin on Thursday, December 1st! Don't miss out on the massive bundles of goodies that will be available to claim for this year! =)
Edited By Krinadon on 11/23/2022 at 12:30 AM.
Wampera
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 44
Posted: 11/23/2022 at 7:22 AM Post #2
Hello, i have little question about Cornucopias, ... you say : " hiding amongst random locations of the Site" that means anywhere on website, on in a maps (like for example eggs in easter fest)?

edit: just missed one in trick or treat (i was too quick on nex page XD) so got my answer ;)
thakns
Edited By Wampera on 11/23/2022 at 8:22 AM.
Coop7011
Level 41
Threads: 1
Posted: 11/23/2022 at 1:51 PM Post #3
How is that raffle legal on a site with minors?
TriadItari
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 23
Posted: 11/23/2022 at 4:02 PM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104545&page=1#3
Author: Coop7011
Time Posted: 11/23/2022 at 1:51 PM
How is that raffle legal on a site with minors?

Because it's a raffle, not gambling. There are plenty of players who have bought diamonds, minors or not. Of course it's legal.
Volinolona
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 10
Posted: 11/23/2022 at 10:58 PM Post #5
To be clear, a raffle can be gambling. However, if my half-asleep self is understanding Google and the English language correctly, this one is not, as there is nothing of value being gambled and nothing of value to be won.

Further/Deeper Clarification: The transaction involved is purchasing Diamonds. The individual making the purchase is getting a guaranteed reward at the value of the money spent. You spend $10, you get $10 worth of Diamonds - the raffle tickets are not part of the transaction and you can not directly purchase the tickets. Therefore, the tickets have no money value. Since the tickets' value is $0, you are not staking anything of value and therefore are not gambling. The prize doesn't have monetary value either, as it is a non-tangible reward. Yes, there is a pet at the end of it, but the prize itself is having a request granted, not the object you get after making the request. You also can't just up and buy the right to make said request and have it honored.

Note: While I do believe players can sell their wins (?), this does not make the prize have value. The prize itself is the ability to request that a pet be generated to your specifications and granted max stats and have that request granted. If you are purchasing someone's win, you are purchasing the right to make the design for them to put in their request - they are the ones who get to make the request, not you, and therefore it is their request that is granted. You are then purchasing the pet, which is the result of them turning in their prize, not the prize itself.

Am tired. Gonna go spend more Diamonds now because I'm gonna make many pretty flooflings.
Cececat
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 184
Posted: 11/24/2022 at 9:54 AM Post #6
Hello Krin!

I just had a question about the Custom Themed Pet trait requirements. It states that restricted wild traits can be chosen on Lost Grove themed and must naturally appear on the pet. So if I pick a Lost Grove theme like the Cave Spider Ferrikki, can I put elemental traits on it or no?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/24/2022 at 11:43 AM Post #7
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104545&page=1#6
Author: Cececat
Time Posted: 11/24/2022 at 9:54 AM
Hello Krin!

I just had a question about the Custom Themed Pet trait requirements. It states that restricted wild traits can be chosen on Lost Grove themed and must naturally appear on the pet. So if I pick a Lost Grove theme like the Cave Spider Ferrikki, can I put elemental traits on it or no?

You would only be able to put the Crystalline Traits on it. The Elemental Traits are not natural to the Cave Spider Ferrikki. The Elemental Traits can only appear on the 6 'Elemental' Themed Ferrikki, which cannot be chosen as a prize.

I know, it's all a bit confusing lol.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/24/2022 at 12:02 PM Post #8
Happy Thanksgiving! We hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday today and this weekend.

I wanted to point out that we have listed all of our previous year's Anniversary Avatar Items in the Avatar Shop for 5 each. This will be a very limited time offer and they will only be available for the duration of the event. They also may or may not be available again next year; undecided.

They were added a little late, so they did not make it into the original announcement.

Cececat
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 184
Posted: 11/24/2022 at 3:17 PM Post #9
Its all good lol, I was just trying to figure out if I could get my hands on those elemental traits without having to complete the crypt :P
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 149
Posted: 11/25/2022 at 5:43 PM Post #10
Hey Krin! I know I saw a forum post with the exact start and end times for the games in the pick-a-door series somewhere, but I can't find it now. Can you point me in the direction of that info? I'm hoping there's still a game I can participate in before the series ends.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.