Forum Index > News and Announcements > Fall Festival Overview
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
BellaSara
Level 75
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 51
Posted: 11/9/2022 at 12:21 PM Post #41
Thank you for hearing us out Krin. I'd like to think that we all want to see this game take off. Thank you for taking our feedback to heart and listening to us. It's refreshing to know that you are listening to us. I know you're doing your best and that's all we can ask of you. You're doing great krin.
YureiNeko
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 11/9/2022 at 12:31 PM Post #42
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104234&page=4#39
Author: BellaSara
Time Posted: 11/9/2022 at 11:31 AM
Alright, so I am going to say this with every ounce of respect I can muster. I also of course don't mean this with any mean intentions. I promise I am not trying to come of disrespectful in anyway.

So I'd like to start off by saying, not everyone can sit and play this game all day. And not everyone can afford 10$ on this game either. 10$ can be totally nothing for some people. But some people have 3 jobs, and 10$ feels like giving 100$. And I am happy that you were able to buy premium rewards, you earned that and I am truly without any sarcasm. And really happy for you to have that. You frankly deserve it. Prize pool should be better in my opinion too.

But my more concern is, that for some its not even worth the time they would have to set aside to farm those coins. Or for the amount of real life work they have to put in to pay for those coins. At the time of Krin posting his response to tell us how many times HH has been done. He said 1,245; it has been about 11 day since the event had opened. Which means about 113 could have happened per day. 1/5th of a game per player according to the active players. Most players sell maj catas for 500k-1m. So, I don't know how many people are willing to pay 6Mil for a few maj catas. That they could get duplicates on.

With that being said, I thank you for your reply and your own take. I hope you have a great day. And best of luck on all of your festival adventures. <3

adding this as someone who does have the time to spend grinding tokens and who has already completed the task of 10 HH runs:

I did it for the sake of maybe getting good philters or items that might be good, and I feel like each run I did I got okay stuff. Not great, but not bad--very middle of the road. This is also with having fantastic luck and getting to the end of the HH each time.

I don't feel like the token price is worth what you can get though. Some people pulled out recolor avatar items and other people only pulled out tokens and a few mana/health philters or magical pies.

I don't think its a bad idea or that the HH needs an entire overhaul, but I think the price should be adjusted with the worst-case scenario in mind, because (maybe) 200 tokens and 4-6 mana philters (about 116k - 144k worth on the market right now) are not worth the same as the 1200 tokens (worth about 360k) you need to just play the one game.
You have to be grinding hard to get the resources if you don't have the gold or diamonds to be able to do this, and it doesn't do much other than complete the one task.

I think its a fantastic feature, but if the rewards aren't adjusted could there be some other reason to play other than the one task? Perhaps there could be rewards you could only get from the haunted house, or on the flip side, maybe there could be a ticket item (like for the retired themed wheel) obtainable from something else on the site?
Cececat
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 183
Posted: 11/9/2022 at 1:00 PM Post #43
Okay I might be a bit late to the party but I would love to give my two cents about the Haunted House. It is by far my favorite feature during the fall and winter festivals.

I look foreword to it over the spring and summer months because there isnt a similar feature but I absolutely love the HH. I can easily farm enough tokens to play 40-50 times over the course of the fest and the risk-reward may not be 100% even but I still think its totally worth it and it has a bit better of a prize balance then some of the other gambling features.

I also do get to the third stage a majority of the times that I play, and I could agree that the prizes on that third stage could be balanced a bit better but I still slays end up with a pile of philters and catas that I can sell or use for future trades and my personal trading system would be greatly impacted if the feature was to disappear.
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 11/9/2022 at 1:17 PM Post #44
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104234&page=4#38
Author: Hiraeth
Time Posted: 11/9/2022 at 11:16 AM
The HH has no set 'pity system' like you describe (unless I'm wrong, Krin correct me). You are just lucky.

You'd also be incorrect in saying the main reason ppl play is for the task - at that point it's cheaper to straight up buy three majestic catas from the shop - and a majestic cata is no where near 6mil gold worth. You can buy any rarity cata from the diamond shop - albeit at higher prices than what the playerbase usually values these items at, but nevertheless it is more cost effective and 10 HH runs where the only guarantee is a maj cata at the end of those runs.

Also, not everybody has the time/money to grind for hours a day and/or pay their way through the task. I'm lucky to be able to fit in time with my classes.

I definitely think the prizes in the 3rd level should be adjusted. Not to mention the entry fee, walking out having reached level 3 and having found only 3 philters of health/mana (worth barely 30k on a good day, might I add) doesn't feel great. You could argue 'yes it's gambling' but that's a whole other can of worms Fox discussed and that I won't even touch because that's another essay, and I have work to do. xD

I didn't really mean a maj cata is worth 6 mil, but how many people would play HH at all if it wasn't for that task? How many people have played it exactly 10 times and then never again?

It's a guaranteed way to get a maj cata without spending irl money.

Also, the daily tasks offer a significant number of coins and it "only" takes about 60 min to complete them.

Sidenote: How people determine what is worth it/valuable changes with each person. Time is money. This game is free, but very time consuming to achieve certain goals. The diamond shop is kinda overpriced in general. But someone needs to buy diamonds so that Krin and Fae can continue to manage this game (and pay all the artists, etc...). The game's economy is not perfectly stable. It changes based on how much players are willing to trade with each other for. An example is that the game determines diamonds to be worth 2000 g each, but players frequently sell them for 1600 g each. And fest tokens often go for 300 g instead of 500 g. (I think this fluctuation is part of the beauty of the game, but it can be frustrating.)
Nny
Level 70
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 5
Posted: 11/9/2022 at 2:35 PM Post #45
Hello, I just have one little question. I really want to join a contest but I am not sure how to. Can someone please help. Thanks!
JonathanAnubian
Level 75
Wondrous Warlock
Threads: 63
Posted: 11/9/2022 at 3:24 PM Post #46
If you are Nurturing pets and Battling in the Umbra's Veil area then you will automatically be entered into the Leaderboard Contests. The Battle Boards depend on the Pets in your Party. The Nurture Boards depends on what pets you Nurture.

Unless you're asking about different contests?
Edited By JonathanAnubian on 11/9/2022 at 3:25 PM.
Nny
Level 70
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 5
Posted: 11/9/2022 at 3:34 PM Post #47
No I am not. Thank you sooooo much. :)
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 149
Posted: 11/9/2022 at 4:30 PM Post #48
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104234&page=5#43
Author: Cececat
Time Posted: 11/9/2022 at 1:00 PM
Okay I might be a bit late to the party but I would love to give my two cents about the Haunted House. It is by far my favorite feature during the fall and winter festivals.

I look foreword to it over the spring and summer months because there isnt a similar feature but I absolutely love the HH. I can easily farm enough tokens to play 40-50 times over the course of the fest and the risk-reward may not be 100% even but I still think its totally worth it and it has a bit better of a prize balance then some of the other gambling features.

I also do get to the third stage a majority of the times that I play, and I could agree that the prizes on that third stage could be balanced a bit better but I still slays end up with a pile of philters and catas that I can sell or use for future trades and my personal trading system would be greatly impacted if the feature was to disappear.

I agree with this. I do think the third stage of the haunted house should be more heavily weighted towards the better rewards it can offer (or potentially, the less good rewards should be entirely removed from the third stage's reward pool), but I really enjoy the HH feature anyway, and I think if the third stage had a bit more of a guarantee of better rewards it would be well worth the current cost to play. I wouldn't say I spend enough time on here to be grinding for gold/chocolate coins, but just defeating all the named in Umbra's Veil once a day (and the other miscellaneous enemies I defeat along the way as I'm walking from one named to the next) gives me enough brew agents that I can convert them to quite a few chocolate coins by helping other players' brews, and that lets me buy entry to the HH once every day or two easily.

So yeah, my take is keep HH, don't change the buy-in price, but do remove some of the less good rewards from the prize pool of the third stage, because you only get a couple of rewards at that stage so they should have a bit more of a guarantee to be good if you've made it that far through the HH.

@Krin I can totally see wanting to lean away from emphasising the feature if it's getting bad PR, like maybe not having a task for completing it 10 times anymore (obviously substituted with a different task for players to get the maj cata), so people don't have to play the HH if they don't want to, but please don't remove the feature entirely unless you're replacing it with something that you think will serve the same purpose for players but will be more well liked.
Amanitan
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 33
Posted: 11/12/2022 at 11:21 AM Post #49
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104234&page=5#43
Author: Cececat
Time Posted: 11/9/2022 at 1:00 PM

It is also one of my favorite features. I think the reason player perception is negative is because of the price increase and the loss of a torch on the third floor. It played mind games with us because we can look back at last year and be like "It was so much better" when in all actuality it really wasn't. We know why that was done, but it doesn't click very well when on an individual basis we see it not coming through, when we expected big things. The HH isn't expected to give great rewards (something I have to remind myself). Its expected to have the potential for great rewards, but what throws people off is that the exclusive stuff (Avi items mostly) That can't be obtained anywhere else take a lot of luck or money oftentimes to get.

It is super easy to get into the HH every 2-3 days by just doing the tasks and 2 boss runs. (Gives 580 coins a day and takes 60 min or less). Honestly initially I was disappointed as well cause I only looked at the price increase and one less torch. Then I thought back to last year and the year prior, I personally found like 1 avi item of any value each year and a ton of health and mana philters. Cata's are and were a rarity. What I get now is roughly the same value. While I would be sad to see those features go I do understand why you would sideline them krin.

Also to all those who say they don't have the time or money to spend on this game, specifically HH and other minigames. Literally everything in this game takes either one of those. Getting good armor takes a lot, Breeding projects take a lot, Avi Items and Fest pets take up a lot of gold, ranks take time, etc. Like my friends who don't play this game call it a misery game (I love it tho its great) because it takes up so much time. HH just feels like it takes a lot because its a gamble, when with month long fests and the ability to get a TON of chocolate coins its not that bad.

A small suggestion krin is instead of having them be HH exclusives (the avi items) you could but them in fest shop but with a pretty high price tag. That way to get them you have the HH (cheaper but not garunteed to get the sets) or the Fest shop (Very spendy but garunteed). Would hate to see these features go but understand they may be negatively impacting player perception of the game. Thanks for all your hard work Krin, I truly love this game and everything in it.
Edited By Quailking on 11/12/2022 at 11:22 AM.
Naos
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 11
Posted: 11/16/2022 at 8:03 AM Post #50
Hi,

I think that I got a little bug in the task list... I got 7 on 8 of the "Complete Fabled Brews for All Species from Brewing" and I already got the "Complete all Catalyst Tasks for Brewing" 25/25, done... but that not truth in the end... Because I still miss one fable to be done. x'D

Link for a bigger picture ; https://i.imgur.com/XQ0wsoQ.png
Edited By Naos on 11/16/2022 at 8:05 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.