Forum Index > Roleplaying > Rp with Marionettez
Page 2 1, 2, 3... 57, 58, 59 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 164
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 6:57 PM Post #11
Well, I'll probably need to make a fishy friend too, just because Mava not liking water means they can't interact right off the bat.

Is there anything I should know about the species? And by that I mean all the aquatic ones, not just the octalia (looks to me like there were two species maybe?)
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 115
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 7:10 PM Post #12
Yep! The ones they interact with in Castle Swimmer are Sharks, which are literally shark mermaids, and The Beacon, which is the one that fulfills prophecies for the merpeople, which theres only one of so you cant be unless you wanna be the one from the story.

A few other known species are Lopods, Needledee, Tuna, Whiskerfins, Jellyla, Remora, and Rays. (Those are what I could remember)

I would say be a wandering Shark or a Remora, since their scavengers.

I can give images for the species if you'd like ^^
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 7:13 PM Post #13
I used to be obsessed with remora fish (don't know why), so yeah, I'll have them be a remora! And yes an image would be good lol
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 9:35 PM Post #14
Sorry! Took me a bit to transfer it to my computer

Heres what Remora look like
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 10:01 PM Post #15
Neat! I'll make the remora one real quick and then we can get started :)
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 10:24 PM Post #16
Name: Nila
Nickname(s): Vanilla, Vanny, Ni
Age: 25(?) (Idk if they follow the same aging as humans, so if they age slower she's just whatever her equivalent of 25 is)
Pronouns: She/her
Sexuality: Demiromantic lesbian
Species: Remora
Personality: Very chipper and positive. She's very much a social butterfly, though she's a bit bad at recognizing when others don't want to socialize. Despite her oblivion to when people don't want to talk, she's smarter than she looks, and knows quite a bit about the flora and fauna of both the water and the nearby beach and desert. She is especially interested in pollinators- she has a little display of butterflies, moths, and bees in her home. She gets along with most everyone. She's clumsy and a bit accident-prone, but surprisingly able in bad situations.
Backstory: Her parents left her home a while ago, wanting to travel and explore. Nila stayed behind, not wanting to give her home up. Their area gets little to no visitors, so she is generally on her own for months on end.
Injuries: She has a few nicks in her fins from various incidents, but they don't affect her much. Except for one scar, caused by a bee sting, which she likes to explain the story behind (it's not interesting but she thinks it is).
Crush: Idk yet, she'll probably have a crush on one of the octo-gals
Partner: N/A
Children: N/A
Parents: They're fine, just not established characters
Siblings: None
Other: None (for now)
Appearance:

Name: Cinsea
Nickname(s): Sea, Cinny
Pronouns: She/her
Sexuality: Ace lesbian
Species: Jellyla
Personality: Very quiet, but is very kind and tries to stay positive. She tends to not speak much, which is often mistaken for her being moody or sad, but she's generally just lost in thought. But, she's equally quiet when she's genuinely upset, so it makes it hard to tell when she's thinking and when she's hurt. She doesn't intend to be secretive or mysterious, but her silence tends to make her so.
Backstory: She and her sister were caught up in an unusually strong current ended up getting lost and not being able to find the colony when she was very young. They chose not to find their way back, having not liked it there, so they never made any attempts to look for directions back. She's on her own now, and goes quiet if asked about her sibling.
Injuries: There's a long but very thin scar along the back of her left arm, which was caused by her getting cut by a rock while trapped in the current. There's also a little nick in her upper tail, made by a smaller rock in the same current. She also has a very small divet in the webbing between her left thumb and index, but that was simply caused by her not paying attention and nicking her hand on an urchin.
Crush: None (currently)
Partner: None (currently)
Children: None
Parents: They're likely still alive and well, but she doesn't talk about them
Siblings: Her slightly older sister, Veri. Sea doesn't like to talk about Veri.
Other: She wears a necklace in the shape of a crescent moon, carved from a shell. It's very important to her and she often will hold it when upset or thinking.
Appearance:

Name: Ennestir
Nickname(s): Stir, En
Pronouns: They/it
Sexuality: Aro/ace
Species: Sphinx (aquatic)
Personality: Ennestir clearly thinks that they're scary to everyone. They're not, since they aren't a threat to anybody except small fish and other tiny marine life, but they don't seem to notice that. They're easily insulted and very quick to bite or attack, but this doesn't tend to do much other than annoy whoever has 'insulted' them. If they find they can't win the 'fight' they've started (which is most of the time) they'll eventually burrow into the sand and sulk for hours or days on end. Despite how aggressively they act, they're quite easily scared, and will immediately flee or burrow if they feel they're in genuine danger.
Backstory: Like Mavaria, Stir doesn't know how or why they exist. They know Mavaria created them, just like any other sphinx, but they don't know how and neither does Mavaria. They aren't able to speak, so it makes communication very difficult for them. They've never moved far from where they were created, not wanting to risk moving somewhere that may have less food.
Injuries: None currently
Crush: N/A
Partner: N/A
Children: None
Parents: Mavaria
Siblings: Other sphinxes
Other: Stir isn't nearly as powerful as their mother. Unlike Mavaria, who can easily take as much sand as she wants for her body, Stir is very limited. They have to convert sand to their body, which takes a long time to do and takes a lot of their energy. The more sand they have, the heavier they are, so they're also limited in how much can be converted, as too much will leave them incapacitated. They can't change form easily, as there seems to be some sort of invisible 'skin' that keeps their body more solid than their mother's. This skin can be broken, which will cause them to bleed converted sand until they can convert more sand. There seems to be a break in this invisible membrane at the tail, which is always leaking sand.
Appearance:
Edited By Kittbee on 11/10/2022 at 3:25 PM.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 10:26 PM Post #17
They do age like humans, btw. Would you like to start us off? I have no idea where to start XD
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 10:27 PM Post #18
I really don't know that much about the world so it's probably better if you start? But if not yeah i can start lol
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 10:32 PM Post #19
I'll see what I can do, into the depths we go :p (Yes I used the name from one of my rps because It was the perfect opportunity. I'll just start out with Nethimir for now, like the last rp)

Nethimir
The spiky-haired Octalia poked her head up from behind the rocks, climbing up to the top of one of them once she knew nobody was around her at the moment. Thankfully, the current region she was in was mostly abandoned due to the minigod roaming around, but there were still plenty of safe places where the large beast couldn't get it's claws. She settled down on the rock, sighing and watching the bubbles float up to the surface around her.
Edited By Marionettez on 10/1/2022 at 10:35 PM.
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 10:43 PM Post #20
(Btw do remora have magic? That'd be very handy for Nila's bug catching lol)

After a few short minutes, there's some movement up above. It's Nila- headed home, probably. She's swimming a little faster than usual, and clearly carrying something in one hand. A bug, probably.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 57, 58, 59
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.