Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Improved Keyboard Options for Battles
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 9/21/2022 at 10:41 PM Post #1
Let's admit it. Using a mouse is slooow. Keyboard shortcuts is where it's at. But the Sylestia battle system does not implement this effectively. The mouse is required to select which opponent you are targeting and to exit the battle results page. I suggest a simple fix.

The following keys should be linked to the corresponding commands:

Enter --> Close battle results/exit tab

8, 9, 0
OR
I, O, P ----> Select which of the three opponents you want to target with your attack/action
OR
J, K, L

There are some other commands that could also be linked to keys, but they're rarely used so I don't believe they are an important addition. Examples are selecting one of your pets to change their attack or using a potion/trap.

I think that this is a simple and easy to implement (although what do I really know?) solution that will greatly improve the battle experience on Sylestia.

Thank you for coming to my (not a) TED talk.
YureiNeko
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 82
Posted: 9/21/2022 at 11:22 PM Post #2
i'm not super sure how far into the map you are (so i'm going to be vague to prevent spoilers) but in the current end game, there are keyboard shortcuts for the map.

krin has said in the past that the system for the final map area will eventually become the norm for all maps/battle areas, its just a newer system that hasnt been fully implemented throughout the site--Although Tigress's extension adds a few extra hotkeys to the end game content and so does Taptothebeat's extension.

it's just a matter of when it gets implemented. ^^
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 9/21/2022 at 11:26 PM Post #3
I'm in the Lost Grove, but only at stage 2. Because grinding is boring...

And that makes sense. Sometimes I forget this game is still in beta.
YureiNeko
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 82
Posted: 9/21/2022 at 11:28 PM Post #4
no worries! i only got so far into the lost grove when i came back from my hiatus because it was super easy to hyperfixate on lol.

the lost grove should be getting its last update soon, and its been a playground/time dump for people to keep busy while other things were being implemented to the site. im hoping that some more neat stuff is coming soon. ^^
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 10/16/2022 at 5:25 PM Post #5
There are actually 2 Sylestia extensions, 1 made by Taptothebeat, and the other made by Tigress.

Both of these extensions add additional hotkeys to battle! I highly recommend adding both extensions. Tigress is actively working on hers. Tap isn't active anymore, but most features of theirs still works.

These extensions effectively resolve your issue. Yeah, it would be nice if the developer of the game was able to implement these fixes, but installing a simple Chrome/Firefox extension is an easy resolution too.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.